View Full Version : Collier Sportsman Fireworks August 22, 2015

displayfireworks1
07-28-2015, 02:28 PM
I apologize for any inconvenience but the date for the fireworks display at Collier Sportsman Club is August 22, 2015. They are in the process of securing the fireworks permit.
If you are reading this and would like to attend or bring fireworks, please let me know. I have to let everyone know we are not going to shoot anything during the day. This is not an open shoot. It involves working the same as a professional display. Setting up fireworks, racks etc. Everyone works for free, food and drink are free. No alcohol until after the shoot. It is a great opportunity to learn and have fun.
I have 1.3 and 1.4 fireworks ready to roll on this date. I need helpers. If you have fireworks and need to shoot them I can accommodate that and give you some dark sky or add what you have into my display. It is not necessary to bring anything other than your willingness to work and the usual pyro tools.

Dave displayfireworks1

DATE is August 22, 2015
Collier Sportsmen’s Association
77 Walkers Mill Rd
Oakdale, PA 15071
412-276-9628

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxgzuLWP1Tw

PhilK33
07-28-2015, 02:45 PM
I'll be there and will bring a few cakes or a case of 4s. I have some racks to use.. Dave let me know what time to be there! I'd like to get the true experience of a prof set up!

KentuckyPyro
07-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Doing a big show on my birthday haha. Unfortunately the show is in Pitt and Im in Ky.. Be sure to make a good vid for us Dave. Best of luck with the show.

Shooter
07-28-2015, 08:14 PM
I'm still coming Dave, although, the date changed. I noticed on the PM you sent me that the picnic was scheduled for the 22nd and that you always did this show on the day of the picnic. Could be early dementia setting in. LOL
Looking forward to meeting you and the other fellow pyro members.

Tropmoore75
07-28-2015, 08:21 PM
I will be there Dave, that if the offer still stands. I sent you a PM with my contact info.

AlexR
07-31-2015, 10:18 PM
I tried to send PM but it said your inbox was too full. But I'm in if you'll have me.

displayfireworks1
08-07-2015, 04:38 PM
To update the Collier Sportsman Club shoot August 22, 2015. I am currently working on a permit issue for this shoot. Before anyone purchasing fireworks or brings fireworks. All fireworks for this event have to come exclusively from XFX Pyrotechnics. I already purchase 1.3 fireworks for the event, you do not have to bring fireworks, if you desire to bring or add something it must come from XFX Pyrotechnics.
http://xfxpyro.com/

Westpapyro
08-07-2015, 09:14 PM
To update the Collier Sportsman Club shoot August 22, 2015. I am currently working on a permit issue for this shoot. Before anyone purchasing fireworks or brings fireworks. All fireworks for this event have to come exclusively from XFX Pyrotechnics. I already purchase 1.3 fireworks for the event, you do not have to bring fireworks, if you desire to bring or add something it must come from XFX Pyrotechnics.

Just 1.3 items?
Not 1.4 items correct?
Just wandering out loud why? Your welcome to pm me.

displayfireworks1
08-20-2015, 05:46 PM
August 22, 2015 be there at 12 noon.
All fireworks must come from XFX Pyro
Bring your usual pyro tools and accessories.
Bring your Cobra System if you have one.
Collier Sportsmen’s Association
77 Walkers Mill Rd
Oakdale, PA 15071
412-276-9628

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQ_exCmCf8

My email for questions pyrotalk@gmail.com if you are not a member of the forums RSVP

Shooter
08-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Any issues on getting into the club? I.E. Do you have to be with a member? I'll probably be there before you arrive.

displayfireworks1
08-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Wow you coming from Kentucky, that is a long drive. Glad to have you. Just tell them you are there to help me with the fireworks. Park where you can at first. Then we all move our vehicles closer to the shoot area.
If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep for the night . Look at Knights Inn Bridgeville Pennsylvania. Do you have a hotel?

Shooter
08-20-2015, 09:23 PM
I'll be leaving my place around 2:00am Saturday. I'm not planning on getting a hotel. But, might change my mind once I get there. Have to work all day Friday. Be back to work at 4:45am on Monday. We also got a high school football rivalry game on Friday night, the 21st of Aug. to attend. I'll have another driver going with me so we don't fall asleep at the wheel. I'm old but not worn out. The weather forecast couldn't be any better. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tropmoore75
08-20-2015, 11:28 PM
I am still coming, see ya there Dave will be there around 12

displayfireworks1
08-21-2015, 09:51 AM
At Shooter, why are leaving so early? You will be arriving on the shoot site hours ahead of time. It will be long day in the sun so to speak.. Not sure what you are plans are If you arrive past 12 noon that will be Ok.

pbjacker
08-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Dave, I'm in Baltimore for a wedding @ 10 tomorrow morning. What would I stand to learn arriving ~5pm? I know that is 5 hours of not being any help, but please believe I wish this wedding was taking place today!

Shooter
08-21-2015, 12:29 PM
At Shooter, why are leaving so early? You will be arriving on the shoot site hours ahead of time. It will be long day in the sun so to speak.. Not sure what you are plans are If you arrive past 12 noon that will be Ok.

Want to visit the Pittsburg area some and allow for some time for emergencies if they should arise.

displayfireworks1
08-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Update
It looks like it will be closer to 1pm when I will be arriving at the Collier Shoot site. If you get there before I do feel free to help yourself to some food. If anyone questions who you are tell them you are helping me with the fireworks display.

mattfr12
08-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Ill be able to get there around 1 I had a flatbed installed on my truck right by lee supply company that sold me the HDPE pipe. Funny story that's how I found the guy to install it was when I went to pick up hdpe pipe. I have to pick it up right around 12 then im on my way. got a lot of extra stuff if you guys need it. Cobra's, magic tape, and hands. lol

Shooter a subcontractor for our company comes from hardinsburgh (not sure if I spelled it right) Ky a few times a year he says its not a bad drive around 7 hours.

mattfr12
08-21-2015, 06:05 PM
dave if you need help hauling anything feel free to let me know racks and so on. I have a few one ton pickups with 12 foot fletbeds on them.

displayfireworks1
08-21-2015, 07:07 PM
We have two pickup trucks haling the goods to the shoot site. We will also be hauling some devices to help protect and stabilize the cakes. In addition a club member is dropping off a temporary fence with tarp cover to place in front of the salute finale. If someone has some experience with this that would be great. I am not sure how it works. Will we need sledge hammers for the post? If so if someone has them please bring them.
mattfr12 , did you purchase a Cobra System? If so please bring it. That goes for anyone coming if you have a Cobra System bring it along.

displayfireworks1
08-21-2015, 09:34 PM
I just received a message from the club the temporary fence is delivered to the shoot site. We are going to set up the three inch salutes at the lower site next to the arrow target in from of pyro headquarters. Scott drop the racks near that target. Like I was saying if someone gets there early figure out how that fence works. The entire shoot this year is at the lower area. We are not going to be using the pistol range this year.
Does anyone have tarps to cover the finale? I do not have a foil supply this year.
I have a wood supply in that little shed ready to roll on the racks, we just need to be sure it is open. If someone gets there early please start some of this

displayfireworks1
08-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Don't build the racks just have them in that general area. At Troopmore I have your supply of fiberglass artillery mortar tubes in the truck for you. These are the fiberglass mortar tubes supplied with canister artillery shells, you said you wanted these for a project.
I am also bringing bug spray I have feeling next to those woods will have some mosquitos, bring more if you have it.

Tropmoore75
08-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Thanks Dave, I will be catching a ride to the site due to my car shitting the bed Monday, so I'll grab them and offload them so they aren't sitting around. Do you need screws or anything? I'll bring my screw guns and some tools like my battery powered saw if need be, let me know and I'll pack them. Also is it ok I'm my son and father watch the show later? My 13 year old was kinda excited that I was working with a famous you-tuber! Haha btw love the artwork you posted

displayfireworks1
08-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Yes we many need the saw. We do not need screws. I have nails. Bring hammer , work gloves, eye and ear protection. Although I doubt there will be many hand light items, we will probably do the entire display electronic.
You father and son can come later towards shoot time. They will want to park up the hill past the main club entrance, There is a second entrance onto the Rifle Range, towards the back of that range. There is a walking path that leads back down the hill to the club. The path is illuminated but they should still bring light to see. There are too many vehicles for the lower lot to hold.
We will be working all day setting up the display, people that work the display have their families come towards shoot time. Many people come to the display so I doubt anyone will stop them, if they do tell them to call you and we will take care of it.

Shooter
08-22-2015, 09:04 AM
I'm bringing one Cobra system, Dave.

displayfireworks1
08-22-2015, 10:19 AM
It going to look like a Cobra Convention. LOL
OK I out and will be on the road. See everyone there. The weather is perfect lets have some fun today.

Holmes69
08-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Just got a text from Dave, if you have 3" racks and coming to the sportsmans club bring them. He has more shells and needs more racks.

PGH_Pyro
08-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Sorry Dave that I didn't make it to this year's CSC show/shoot . I had a club show to work .
Hoping to make it , next year/August .
Hope to see video of Collier show .

displayfireworks1
08-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Thanks to everyone that made it out to the Collier Club shoot this year. I hope you all had a good time and learned something. I managed to put together short unlisted preview video. Special thanks to XFX Pyro for their additional assistance with the display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vxB7aaNCdA

Shooter
08-23-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks Dave for the hospitality and allowing me to get my pyro fix in. Appreciated the instruction and fellowship with the other members. Had a good time and was impressed with some of the XFX product. Also, enjoyed the food. It was a long day but, for me it was well worth it. Thanks again.

Tropmoore75
08-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Thank you Dave, it was a pleasure working with everyone yesterday, learning and having a great time. Thanks everyone for your help to teach me something more about a hobby that I really enjoy. If any of you ever need help at any time, please don't hesitate to call me or PM me. I would jump at any opportunity to help and learn more and to get more experience using the e-fired systems. I hope you all made it home safely. Hope to see more of you guys soon. let's get together and do a group shoot of some kind before the weather gets too damn cold! Thanks again Dave, I will be talking to you soon.

Tim

displayfireworks1
08-23-2015, 08:07 PM
I am waiting for a video from another camcorder at the shoot , once I get that I will put a full video together. Glad everyone had a good time. Here is ground zero video of the finale. I don't know what made me hesitate a second time in the finale. In hindsight I should have just kept the finale going after the two big cakes fired. Sometimes trying to do too much of a fake finale is not a good thing.
Unlisted video
This is my non-HD camcorder. I always like the sound pickup on these DVC Panasonic camcorders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5chRmmGVRs

mattfr12
08-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Awesome video Glad to meet you all and had a blast. Thanks again to everyone.

displayfireworks1
08-23-2015, 10:48 PM
I have proof I sometimes follow all the regulations when using fireworks. LOL
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/wp-content/gallery/united-states-pennsylvania/permit-c55c74d75e70d6ca8006d0d5dd56d1a9b88569cc.jpg
I should fax it to every fireworks store in Pennsylvania, then the entire state can legally purchase fireworks for the next 180 days. LOL
Joyce what is Kneppys fax number?

Tropmoore75
08-24-2015, 12:23 AM
I have proof I sometimes follow all the regulations when using fireworks. LOL
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/wp-content/gallery/united-states-pennsylvania/permit-c55c74d75e70d6ca8006d0d5dd56d1a9b88569cc.jpg
I should fax it to every fireworks store in Pennsylvania, then the entire state can legally purchase fireworks for the next 180 days. LOL
Joyce what is Kneppys fax number?

Love it! Haha looks like we should do a shoot for every holiday till march! Christmas chrysanthemums and quanza quad breaks. I wouldn't mind this one bit ROFL

rexpress2001
08-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks for letting me help Dave. Nice meeting everyone and working with you all. If anyone needs help and I'm available I would be more then happy to.

Rick

chriskrc
08-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Love the ground zero videos Dave. Can't wait to see more.