PDA

View Full Version : Why the one color shell ?

Tropmoore75
07-26-2015, 08:51 PM
I was looking at salutes from ACE, why 119 titanium salutes, and one color shell? I was curious if this was some bulk salute work around to make it legal to store more than your magazine allows because of the color shell. New to the 1.3g stuff so I found it kinda odd.

KentuckyPyro
07-26-2015, 09:28 PM
You get one color shell because they have to throw in color shells with salutes to change those salutes out of the "bulk" salute class. Which is from my understanding 1.1g instead of 1.3g. Its kind of a grey area for distributors and importers to store/ship salutes in bulk without them actually being called bulk.

Tropmoore75
07-26-2015, 09:42 PM
thanks for the info

displayfireworks1
07-26-2015, 11:13 PM
It is a way around a regulation. If it was all salutes it would have a more restrictive classification and more restrictive storage and transportation. It is easier just to add one color shell. I bought a case like that once, it was supposed to have one red shell for every 23 salutes. It only had a sticker on it that said Red, it was a salute also. LOL

chriskrc
07-27-2015, 07:30 AM
That's great to know. But why are bulk salutes considered 1.1? Is it truly because they have no color to them.

displayfireworks1
07-27-2015, 09:27 AM
If you had a case of salutes and would light one and then place it back in the box with the others you would see why it is classified as 1.1. For years it was 1.3 until all of the terrorist attacks started in United States. The problem with 1.1 classification is it requires special storage more than a shipping container. The shippers bringing fireworks from China across the ocean will not transport 1.1. At least there is an option to still obtain and store the fireworks if the salutes are mixed in with color.
Let me give you a close analogy.
The medication Codeine by it self is classified as Schedule 2 drug ( available but very restrictive) , when they take Codeine and add it to Tylenol making Tylenol #3 it becomes Schedule 3 ( less restrictive ). So imagine they added Tylenol to salutes. LOL The question down the road becomes how much Tylenol the law says needs added. Right now it is one tablet per case. It sounds silly but I hope it helps you understand.
Someone in the business told me China is getting tired off these rules coming from United States because they see it as our rules and not theirs, they also feel they do not need United States markets as much as they used to because other countries and even their own domestic market is increasing.

Shooter
07-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Are there any US manufacturers, nowadays? It seems everything is made in the Asian countries.

CTPYRO
07-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Legion Fireworks in NY makes some of the best salutes around... Canister style

chriskrc
07-27-2015, 12:01 PM
If you had a case of salutes and would light one and then place it back in the box with the others you would see why it is classified as 1.1. For years it was 1.3 until all of the terrorist attacks started in United States. The problem with 1.1 classification is it requires special storage more than a shipping container. The shippers bringing fireworks from China across the ocean will not transport 1.1. At least there is an option to still obtain and store the fireworks if the salutes are mixed in with color.
Let me give you a close analogy.
The medication Codeine by it self is classified as Schedule 2 drug ( available but very restrictive) , when they take Codeine and add it to Tylenol making Tylenol #3 it becomes Schedule 3 ( less restrictive ). So imagine they added Tylenol to salutes. LOL The question down the road becomes how much Tylenol the law says needs added. Right now it is one tablet per case. It sounds silly but I hope it helps you understand.
Someone in the business told me China is getting tired off these rules coming from United States because they see it as our rules and not theirs, they also feel they do not need United States markets as much as they used to because other countries and even their own domestic market is increasing.

Great analogy Dave, that does help clear up the question. However the U.S. better get it's head out of its ass if that's what China is saying. The fireworks industry is huge and seems to be getting bigger here, the last thing we need is for the government to screw it up. They've screwed up enough things in our lives.

Shooter
07-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Legion Fireworks in NY makes some of the best salutes around... Canister style
Do you know of any shell producers? Also, do the big show producers like Zambelli's or the Gucci clan sell their products to other consumers?