PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pittsburgh (Arnold, PA)

Tropmoore75
07-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Hello all,

My name is Tim, I've been a fireworks enthusiast for over 30 years doing my own shows and I have worked with fireworks on the consumer level for a long time doing my own shows, having fun doing displays with friends and family. I am very interested in starting to work on getting my license and possibly starting my own fireworks business within the state of PA and start teaching my son the responsible and safe side of fireworks.

I am willing to donate my time to anyone within a couple of hours drive from Pittsburgh who does pro shows or anyone who wants to just have a fun time doing private shows, picnics or non profit work. A day just letting loose, lighting up the sky would be fun. I know a ton but there's always room to learn more and expand my knowledge. I have a degree as a mechanical engineer and there's basically nothing I can't design out of wood metal or plastic. Right now I am having fun making my own racks of various shapes, shot sizes and angles. What a ball this is!

Anyways I wanted to introduce myself and say hi, let me know who I can help and how, or just get together and have fun.

Any help with the atf part would be helpful. Looking forward to your responses

displayfireworks1
07-25-2015, 10:28 PM
We are going to put you to work August 29 at my Collier Sportsman Club fireworks display if you are willing to work all day in the sun lifting fusing and wiring fireworks. It is a non-profit display with all volunteer help. If you are in a hurry to get the ATF Fireworks and need my help consider my ATF/DVD package.
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php
My advertisers in the Pittsburgh will help you with a contingency document you will need to obtain the 1.3 license. If you work with me August 29 I give you some experience. You can easily obtain the license. I see you are shooting Consumer Fireworks. Do you have any experience with electrical firing or are you a long fuse man?

Tropmoore75
07-25-2015, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the response Dave, I will definitely be all in on August 29th, thank you very much for the opportunity. I've just recently played with e-firing, this year was the first year I've played with it (a friend of mine has a cobra system) I'm definitely all about learning everything I can.it will definitely be a learning experience for me. Traditionally I have tested various fuses, cut to exact lengths based on timing and did my displays like that. Very primitive I know, but definitely through your videos I've learned a ton and I have had everything go off flawlessly. It's definitely a primitive way but legally it's all I have right now. I'm currently using ball shells, canisters and some of my favorite cakes to do my shows and use my fabricated racks made with HDPE pipes and my fiberglass racks. I am going to purchase a few cobra modules at the beginning of 2016.

I was also thinking about joining the PGI and Crackerjacks, but first I def wanna get the ATF process started. We can talk more when you have time. I will PM you my info and you can get in touch with me at your leisure. Thanks again Dave, let me know what you need from me and I'll be there.

PyroManiacs
07-26-2015, 12:12 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, Tim!

Westpapyro
07-26-2015, 12:52 AM
Welcome to Pyrotalk, I'm from the Cranberry/Mars/Valencia area. Hope to see Ya around.
I shoot with a Cobra System also.
Chuck

Tropmoore75
07-26-2015, 02:11 AM
thanks guys for the warm welcome, definitely hope to see you around!

PGH_Pyro
07-27-2015, 12:06 AM
#TeamWesternPA

Fire Art
07-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the forums Tim! Hope to see you soon. Just a heads up that we have an open shoot here in the fall and anyone who has been to it will chime in that there are some great people, food, and of course fireworks here for that event.

Feel free to contact me anytime!

Tropmoore75
07-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Thanks Al,

Appreciate the offers, I will definitely be in for the fall shoot. How does it work? Everyone chip in on fireworks, bring food etc? I have a ton of consumer stuff I'm itching to shoot. Lol. I usually start buying stuff after the July holiday.

PyroManiacs
07-28-2015, 12:30 AM
we have an open shoot here in the fall

Have any idea on the date for this yet?

Westpapyro
07-28-2015, 02:47 AM
Have any idea on the date for this yet?

Ya come on Big Al, we talked on the phone today, no mention of this event? So what date are you thinking? Have fun at PGI,we'll talk again when you get back. Bring me something good back,lol.
Chuck

AlexR
07-31-2015, 01:06 AM
#TeamWesternPA

Can I join? lol. I'm probably 2 miles from Tropmoore75. Thanks to Dave, Pittsburgh is going to be the world epicenter for everything pyro. And in a "Safe and Sane" state!