View Full Version : Saying hello from fingerlakes NY I need advice

Pyro4292
07-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Hey everyone my name is Zach and I have been a pyro fanatic my whole life from popers when I was 2 to bottle rockets and fire crackers when I was 8 till I could convince my parents to take me to the fireworks store so I could start getting bigger stuff. I'm now 23 and have a job in a salt mine handling and using blasting agants its pretty cool stuff I also have a employee possessor letter of clearance from the ATF that I hope will help me in getting my type 54 permit when I apply. I got Dave's video on him helping me get it in the mail a couple days ago. I would really love to be able to help some professionals near or around me with 1.3 shows and be able to learn all about it with hands on experience before I apply... Is that a good idea or should I try for it now? Does any body now of guys in my area that shoot 1.3 shows(fingerlakes central NY area)? I'm willing to travel a few hours I only want to be paid with experience. I have found only one company close by called proximity pyrotechnics but I have not yet asked if i could help. I'm not really sure how I would even ask? Wouldn't it be strange to have some random kid they have never talked to before ask to help in there shows? Any advice on how to approach some one would be great to. Also is there any clubs in or around central NY? I plan on joining PGI tomorrow. Well I have talked enough any help on finding people to help shoot would be greatly appreciated I'm ready to start this exciting new journey of mine!!! Thanks!!

Shooter
07-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Welcome aboard! There are quite a few New Yorkers on this forum. It seems like NY is very unfriendly to the pyro crowd. Hopefully, some members from there can help you out. Good luck.

jknepp1954
07-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Hello Zach. Welcome to Pyro Talk. You are def on the right road on helping out a pro company first before you even apply for a 54. Learn from the ground up -
You did not say what part of the finger lakes region you are from. I am going to send a pm with some info that might be helpful. I am not from NY - but i do know yoiu have to pass some sort of test first to work for a NY display company. There are many on here that has that info on how to do that.

Pyro4292
07-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Thanks jknepp1954 I would appreciate all the help I can get I'm from a small town called Enfield near the worst city in the world Ithaca ny