PDA

View Full Version : sad day yesterday

hatsgoods
07-21-2015, 10:21 PM
well i found out by my county's fire Marshall that i have to have a whole separate license to shoot here in nj, so sadly i wont be doing any fireworks at my mom's wedding. so i told here i could in pa as long as i have a permit. but we dont have the money to have a wedding out of our very local area.so i was like thank for your info to the Marshall and then when i hung up the phone i was cursing up a storm due to that i was piss off, i know the laws are laws but nj needes to lighten the heck up on the fireworks laws. and he also said absolutely no 1.4g class c is allowed in the county too.

sorry for the venting moment but i had to say it.
so hows everyone doing?
:mad: :confused:

matandch
07-21-2015, 11:18 PM
NJ is where fun goes to die.

hatsgoods
07-21-2015, 11:43 PM
you've got that 100% right

NJ is where fun goes to die.

Pyro Nation
07-22-2015, 12:21 AM
damn...sorry to hear that....what license they saying u need

hatsgoods
07-22-2015, 05:44 AM
they said something from the department of labor from the state

damn...sorry to hear that....what license they saying u need

algrant1
07-22-2015, 12:13 PM
I know that you need a blaster's license if you fire electronically in NJ. I am assuming that is what he is referring to.

chriskrc
07-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Just like N.Y., finding as some way to screw you. It looks like you have plenty of good credentials but they don't see it that way. Sorry to hear about it.

Northern Sky
07-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Since you work for a pyro company you should be able to work something out with them.

Seriously though, are you just finding this out now? You didn't know that you lived in a NO FIREWORKS STATE?

hatsgoods
07-22-2015, 12:47 PM
i knew that there was only 1.3 allowed but had no clue that it was that involved. i will ask the company i work for if i can work something out. and im goning to look into the blasters permit and forget about the nj dept. of labor state's lincsene.

Since you work for a pyro company you should be able to work something out with them.

Seriously though, are you just finding this out now? You didn't know that you lived in a NO FIREWORKS STATE?

Northern Sky
07-22-2015, 12:51 PM
The only thing LEGAL in NY and NJ are sparklers the last time I heard.

hatsgoods
07-22-2015, 02:10 PM
sparklers and party poppers and snaps. thats it. :mad:

The only thing LEGAL in NY and NJ are sparklers the last time I heard.

chriskrc
07-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Don't forget about fountains, wheels and other novelty items are legal in N.Y. Not sure about New Jersey but they need to loosen up. If you can get by with the blaster license that would be fantastic.

CTPYRO
07-23-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm acutally quite surprised that you had no clue what the laws were in NJ??? I mean I remember seeing you at the IPI demo. We shot there because there was a permit to shoot.. (and yes PA laws for shooting fireworks are much different then most state) something you need to have in addition to having a shooters license and applicable insurance should something go wrong. The 54 doesnt give anyone free reign to shoot 1.3 wherever they want... a friend told me about this and I was somewhat shocked

NWPA
07-23-2015, 05:32 PM
New Jersey is NOT the state to live in if you enjoy fireworks, guns or any fun stuff.

KentuckyPyro
07-26-2015, 05:22 AM
Hey that really does suck. I can't understand why some places wont allow any fireworks at all.. especially with Class C, and a permit to shoot and a firetruck or 2 there handy incase there is a fire of some sort.

Northern Sky
07-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Fireworks are legal to shoot in NJ "with the right credentials and permits", just like Ohio, New York New Hampshire etc. etc.