PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

gilly
07-14-2015, 07:30 PM
My name is George and I have an addiction to fireworks; however Ohio law prevents anyone from letting anything good off without a license. You can buy all the 1.4 stuff you want, the catch is you just have to take it out of state to use it and to get that license is looking like a long road. A licensed pyro technician must sign you off before you can apply. So I’m trying to start the process of getting a license. Love the forum, lots of stuff to learn on here! If any of you have information or contacts in Ohio I would greatly appreciate any tips or help.

JoeR
07-14-2015, 11:42 PM
Welcome aboard, George. What part of Ohio are you from? My advice to you is to find a local guild and join. Sit back and take everything in and learn as much as you can. Make friends with a hobby in common and eventually if you have the drive to go further you will. Just do not be pushy, or expect people to just welcome you with open arms on a professional shoot without first gaining trust and knowledge.

Best of luck.

Pyro Nation
07-15-2015, 02:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Gilly!!!! as Joe said...there is a NEOPG (NorthEastOhioPyrotechnicGroup) that would be of great help to you..

gilly
07-15-2015, 09:04 AM
I'm from southeast Ohio around Zanesville, Thanks for advice.

JoeR
07-15-2015, 11:09 AM
The BPG would be a bit of a trek for you, but I know there is OPAG and NEOPG. I believe OPAG may be fairly close to you... check them out. http://opag.us/

gilly
07-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I contacted them and I am going to a show Friday in Laurelville so I can meet some of their members.

PyroManiacs
07-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

2 days in on the forum and your already sailing smoothly along.

displayfireworks1
07-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Thanks for helping this new member in Ohio.