PDA

View Full Version : Best place for 1.4g in the STL Metro area?

AlexJ426
07-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Hey all, first post, been watching Daves videos and I enjoy the things he does along with his friends from meets, good shows you guys have. This isn't a introduction post so ill get to the question lol.

I'm 16 and as you could bet money doesn't grow on trees for me, curious as to where the lowest priced stands you guys know of are at around my area, I went to a place in O'fallon and the owner was a nice guy and gave me about 60$ worth of free stuff for the drive there and for spending over 300$. But the pricing seemed a bit high, I got the 12 pack of excals for 54$ which seemed a bit high to me as I see others everywhere getting the 24 shots for the same price. So yeah just wanting to know where the best places are at for some stuff other than the store I've gone too, I will be returning there next year though for some things, he had some nice salute cakes that I will not name lol..

chriskrc
07-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Welcome Alex. I am not from your area but I will say $54 for a box of 12 excals instead of 24 is way more than what you should have paid. It's great he gave you free stuff but you paid too much for the shells. You should have gotten a full box of 24 at least for that price.

AlexJ426
07-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Welcome Alex. I am not from your area but I will say $54 for a box of 12 excals instead of 24 is way more than what you should have paid. It's great he gave you free stuff but you paid too much for the shells. You should have gotten a full box of 24 at least for that price.

Yeah I know.. I seen a place in Winfield that had 24 boxes for 50 flat and they were also a tax free store, another great place with overloaded firecrackers and rockets and stuff, again not gonna name the place or firecrackers, but it sucks I spent my money before I seen that stand. And its a bit of a further drive out and I doubt I'd easily get a ride there lol.

pyroalex
07-11-2015, 01:06 AM
Im wondering about the same thing you are only i'm looking for wholesale in NE Oklahoma. The cheapest way to go is wholesale imo. That being said there is spirit of 76 fireworks thats wholesale and located in Columbia, MO.

BluegrassPyro1
07-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Check out the advertisers page on this website. Some of the retailers offer wholesale pricing and will ship to you as long as there is no restrictions from your state. Buying wholesale is usually better, though a lot of wholesale places have minimum order prices of around $1000 so that may be more than you are willing to spend. I also recommend you develop a relationship with your local retailer and they may work with you on pricing if you're going to put down a good amount of money. that doesn't mean just show up once a year and expect discount pricing. I bought all retail this year but I spent several days and several hours hanging out and talking with my main local retailer. Also if you can swing it, try getting on at one with them as an employee. Some stores give their employees discounts or they will pay you in fireworks instead of cash if you want. You can also try the PGI directory of companies to see if anything is close by.

Ohh and pyroalex.. I'm a proud Okie from Muskogee here. Just been transplanted to the midwest

pyroalex
07-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Check out the advertisers page on this website. Some of the retailers offer wholesale pricing and will ship to you as long as there is no restrictions from your state. Buying wholesale is usually better, though a lot of wholesale places have minimum order prices of around $1000 so that may be more than you are willing to spend. I also recommend you develop a relationship with your local retailer and they may work with you on pricing if you're going to put down a good amount of money. that doesn't mean just show up once a year and expect discount pricing. I bought all retail this year but I spent several days and several hours hanging out and talking with my main local retailer. Also if you can swing it, try getting on at one with them as an employee. Some stores give their employees discounts or they will pay you in fireworks instead of cash if you want. You can also try the PGI directory of companies to see if anything is close by.

Ohh and pyroalex.. I'm a proud Okie from Muskogee here. Just been transplanted to the midwest

Welcome to Oklahoma bluegrass!

BluegrassPyro1
07-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Welcome to Oklahoma bluegrass!

Other way around. I was born in Muskogee and now live in Indiana. Got a lot of family that is still in the Muskogee/Tulsa area

pyroalex
07-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Other way around. I was born in Muskogee and now live in Indiana. Got a lot of family that is still in the Muskogee/Tulsa area

Haha I realized that after i posted it.