PDA

View Full Version : bust firing system vid

ras1986
07-09-2015, 11:23 PM
short vid showing my firing systems demise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4rU1FBZrA&feature=youtu.be

bozie8823
07-10-2015, 01:54 AM
Yikes man. Sorry this happened. I know what it feels like when something doesn't fire...I can imagine we have the same WTF moment. I had an entire comet rack/fan not fire in last years lake pyromusical. Explain the show setting to me. I see sand, or at least I think I do. were these fired on a beach? You mentioned the salt water setting. I wonder if sand made it's way into the terminals (after last continuity check).

ras1986
07-10-2015, 08:58 AM
It was on a beach but I had a box covering the system so the wind and San couldn't get to it

n3qdz
07-13-2015, 07:41 PM
If you think of chucking it I would gladly like to have it. I am starting out and it sounds like a fun project. I currently have nothing.

Dion
07-16-2015, 08:23 AM
It was on a beach but I had a box covering the system so the wind and San couldn't get to it

Raz, Hey man I work in the Motorsport field as a Tech and I use a product from the BRP(sea-doo, sky-doo, ext.) Company that's a anti-corrosive spray that's called XPS Anti-corrosion. Its good for EVERTHING including electronics and especially connecters and was designed for the watercraft in salt water conditions and works fantastic! Find a dealer that carries BRP and pick up a can you will be very happy. You can spray the slat connectors directly and it will dissolve old corrosion and or spray new ones and put them on the beach for "days" and will come back like they were never there! I would open the box and spray inside also!

ras1986
07-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Raz, Hey man I work in the Motorsport field as a Tech and I use a product from the BRP(sea-doo, sky-doo, ext.) Company that's a anti-corrosive spray that's called XPS Anti-corrosion. Its good for EVERTHING including electronics and especially connecters and was designed for the watercraft in salt water conditions and works fantastic! Find a dealer that carries BRP and pick up a can you will be very happy. You can spray the slat connectors directly and it will dissolve old corrosion and or spray new ones and put them on the beach for "days" and will come back like they were never there! I would open the box and spray inside also!
dude!! Wtf!! Why didn't I think about that. I use dielectric grease all the time. I will look this up. Thank you

Dion
07-19-2015, 02:33 PM
dude!! Wtf!! Why didn't I think about that. I use dielectric grease all the time. I will look this up. Thank you
LOL!! No problem! Good luck.;)