PDA

View Full Version : RE: Hello from NY

Pyrofanatic
07-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Hello all I joined back in 2013 and cannot believe almost forgot about my account here. I'm actually in the ulster dutchess area. To make a long story short my life's been hectic but I'm definitely more of age for pyrotechnics. I am now 18 going on 19 this august. Just this past 4th I went to a friends place so I could shoot some Excaliburs (48 shells) and 2 cakes and I loved it! Not only was Excalibur a great performing product but I enjoyed shooting the product. Anyways just figured sense it's been such a long while i might as well re-introduce myself and get some info on something I want to do. For my birthday this august I would like to celebrate by doing my own very small hand lit backyard show. Of course it will be out of state because of NY laws its surprising its not illegal to breath yet in this state lol. Anyways hope everyone's well and Dave if you read this it would be an honor to get out into your area and meet you maybe shoot some product.

PyroManiacs
07-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Welcome back! lol. :)

gunner1
07-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Did you attend RHS?

Pyrofanatic
07-08-2015, 01:29 AM
Welcome back! lol. :)

Did you attend RHS?
Thanks Pyromaniac glad to be back. Not to sound dumb but what is RHS? Its been a dream of mine for a while to put on a small backyard display all 1.4G. Just that NY Laws are so strict im surprised we residents and still breath legally. Unfortunately im gonna have to go out of state to do so or wait until I can get a Version of the type 54 that will legally allow transport and everything as well as hazmat CDL and background checks a 300 dollar fire marshal inspection minimum 1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and some sort of a test ive heard they put pyro technicians through in NY to prove they are "competent" to handle and shoot fireworks. Also heard NY is extremely strict on any fireworks that come in over the boarder. For gods sake we pyros are treated like freakin terrorists. :(

jknepp1954
07-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Pyrofanatic - WELCOME BACK
I as well as others on here would recommend on joining a club to further your pyro enthusiasm! By doing so you get to meet many other 'fanatics' who are of like mind and soul. And you can do so LEGALLY! Cracker Jacks or Pa Pyro Artists are a couple of such clubs. And also NLPC as well -
If you wish - pm me or call and i can give you some details of each club

Pyrofanatic
07-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Pyrofanatic - WELCOME BACK
I as well as others on here would recommend on joining a club to further your pyro enthusiasm! By doing so you get to meet many other 'fanatics' who are of like mind and soul. And you can do so LEGALLY! Cracker Jacks or Pa Pyro Artists are a couple of such clubs. And also NLPC as well -
If you wish - pm me or call and i can give you some details of each club

I would love to join a club. Are any in NY or PA close to NY? Otherwise I'm still willing to travel. I've been so hooked on the idea of doing some thing I'm almost tempted to call my local town and ask who's shooting the display down the street this weekend so I can try to get permission to help setup\cleanup for free just to be part of it. Lol