PDA

View Full Version : Michigan did it right and wrong

displayfireworks1
06-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Michigan did it right and wrong

The state of Michigan is an example of how to legalize Consumer Fireworks the wrong way. There is still a group that continues to try to reverse the legislation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUFeTFudi2s

Zach27
06-21-2015, 03:05 PM
I have never seen a firework law as disastrous as Michigan's. I believe it was written entirely by the firework industry and benefited them more then it does the hobbyist and the average Michigan citizen.

I for one would have allowed firework sells but permit towns and cities to prohibit fireworks with the exceptions of July Fourth and New Years or towns could allow them year round.

Zach27
06-21-2015, 03:06 PM
I have never seen a firework law as disastrous as Michigan's. I believe it was written entirely by the firework industry and benefited them more then it does the hobbyist and the average Michigan citizen.

I for one would have allowed firework sells but permit towns and cities to prohibit fireworks with the exceptions of July Fourth and New Years or towns could allow them year round.

PGH_Pyro
06-22-2015, 11:24 AM
if more states set aside shoot-sites the way they did in Pahrump, Nevada, we'd have a good situation .

Zach27
06-22-2015, 07:31 PM
if more states set aside shoot-sites the way they did in Pahrump, Nevada, we'd have a good situation .

Totally agree with you! More shoot sites = more controlled environment to set off consumer fireworks.

MIpyro
06-23-2015, 05:29 PM
The major issue here in Michigan is the PTSD issue. That is the real main reason behind trying to reverse this law. Some of the guys in the club have written to their respective law makers and they are saying that the profit is not that high to offset all the complaints they get from citizens and Veterans. But the law makers have tried to reverse this law a number of times before in the past couple years and it keeps getting turned down because lets face it, money talks. I have to pay 12% tax on fireworks here. It sucks but i dont have to drive forever anymore to pick them up, unless our group does a group buy out of state and we dont have to pay that double tax on fireworks.

PGH_Pyro
06-24-2015, 11:26 AM
i've noticed that Veterans either bug out from the reports OR they find it to be a release / therapeutic .
ptsd is a bummer .