PDA

View Full Version : spherical ball shells production

Zenith
06-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Hi Everybody,
I heard some news in regards to spherical ball shells and the manufacturers in china. The news going around is that there apparently is going to be either a shortage and or ceasing of the manufacturing of ball shells all together and replaced as a cylindrical canister type shell that will range in size. Is this true? I know there has been a fireworks explosion at one of china's plants. As for the manufacturing standpoint I'am hearing all different stories.

chriskrc
06-17-2015, 01:31 PM
So far I've seen the new mini canister shells. They have made a switch already but I don't know truly if we will never see ball shells again. As I guess time will tell.

jknepp1954
06-17-2015, 04:19 PM
I am told by some of our Chinese suppliers they are working towards a solution on this - but true - Our shells from the Windmill/Beihai pop pop factory's were all ball shells -
but our shells from WC/Boomer/Ce - 1" cans - SUCKS!
The retail buyer is going to buy anyway - shrug their shoulders and say WEIRD - but the rest of us - what the heck are we to shoot them out of?!?!?!
So I don't think it is a nationwide blanket problem - but rather perhaps a regional problem?
Anyone else such as importers more knowlegeable?

Spunky
06-18-2015, 02:48 PM
What are the names of some of the shells that will be hard to find? And, what sizes are getting hard to find? Just the 1.75's? Or will the 1.3 shells be affected also?

PyroManiacs
06-18-2015, 03:20 PM
What I have been hearing is that these cylindrical shells are around the 1.2" diameter size.....

There are a few carriers of this size tube. None of which I think are advertisers here.

chriskrc
06-18-2015, 05:15 PM
They don't work well in dr11 tubes I'm being told. That sucks because a brand of ball shell that fit may now be a mini canister and doesn't work. It's a bit annoying when planning a show.

displayfireworks1
06-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Joyce do you know why they choose to make the can shells so small?

jknepp1954
06-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Dave - from what i am hearing from JAKES is there was a factory last year that blew up that made the cheaper generic shells. when accidents like this happen in China - there is a thorough investigation - and also shut down many other factories as well. they shut them ALL down until they make sure all are incompliance - that takes 6 to 8 weeks.
BUt this time the Chinese government got involved - and said you are NO LONGER ALLOWED TO MAKE BALL SHELLS!!! Remember - China is still a Communist country - and what they say goes!
But they never said you can not make can shells - so i would imagine rather than to not make NO SHELLS, they had their R&D get at it - come up with a shell that woud goes as high and break as big as possible in a mini can - and that is what we got.
AND NO - this does NOT effect the 1.3 shells - only consumer.

displayfireworks1
06-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Joyce
I have not seen the new canister shells. Please look at this picture, is the shell on the left an example of the new smaller cans..
http://www.superiorfireworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/NewShellDesigns.jpg

PyroManiacs
06-20-2015, 12:35 AM
Dave... I believe that is correct.

jknepp1954
06-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Dave - YEP unfortunately that is correct! Sad!

Zenith
06-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks for verifying it definitely is sad and I guess only time will tell what the outcome will be.