PDA

View Full Version : Multiple usernames are not permitted

displayfireworks1
06-09-2015, 08:08 AM
A reminder you may only have one username on pyrotalk discussion forums. If somehow you accidentally have two usernames please tell me and we can correct it.
Unfortunately, I keep finding people with multiple user accounts. It is not spammers, the ATF, or any imaginary Anti-Fireworks groups. The people with multiple accounts are so called fireworks enthusiast. The administrative software on pyrotalk allows me to check for multiple registrations; normally I do not do so unless I am suspicious or receive a complaint. The purpose of these multiple accounts is usually of a deceptive nature. I normally just close the accounts and/or ask the person for an explanation. Since the problem continues and I am receiving complaints of people receiving inappropriate private messages, I have to start exposing it. This may help you understand any confusing messages you may be receiving.
Unless I receive an explanation proving otherwise the following usernames are all the same person and same ip address, thus the same user.
Ember Pyrotechnics
Wizard7611
The OverAcheivers
Anonymous

Here is a private message from one of them sent to me and posted on my youtube videos.

“The truth about Dave”
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php/42685-Pyro-Universe-Members-Are-Not-Welcomed-at-Pyro-Talk?highlight=displayfireworks1

For now, I will just say the user is from Nebraska. Anyone is free to have an opinion of me good or bad, but do not register on pyrotalk forums to send private messages to harm members or harass me using my resources or website.
To all the pyrotalk members in good standing, please do not feel any of this involves you. If you are receiving unwelcome inappropriate private messages, please private message me. Whatever you tell me will remain confidential.

If you really analyze the “Truth about Dave” statement, is it the truth about me, or in reality the truth about them?

Northern Sky
06-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Not sure what you are getting at posting a link to a three year old thread.

Can't we just move on. The constant references are not becoming. Let's move on.

displayfireworks1
06-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Please read the thread again. This is a recent registration sending that message privately to other members. This is nothing new, I have to bring some of this out in an effort to stop it. Some people register on pyrotalk using multiple usernames and send private messages to other members that are hate filled and recently have comments of physical harm. I want people to see where some of this originates from. This sort of think has happened 10 times before this one, I just do not tell you about it. I just decided to publically post this one because I want people to see if you register multiple times I can easily discover it. Normally I just block the user and move on, that is probably what will occur for the next 10 times. I do not want forums members to think I just randomly block people. There is usually a reason, multiple registrations and trying to deceive people is the usual reason. I say this all the time, the real enemy in this fireworks business is not the ATF, it is not the American Pyrotechnic Association, it is not some imaginary Anti-Fireworks group, etc. it is 20 disgruntled fireworks enthusiast. I just do not want the disgruntled 20 on pyrotalk. If you feel you are not part of all of that feel free to join pyrotalk and please follow the few rules that there are listed. If you somehow accidentally made two accounts please tell me and we can correct it.

davidlynch
06-11-2015, 09:36 PM
.........wut

Wholesale Fireworks
06-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Thank you Dave...we support you and your rules. We certainly wouldn't want to be a part of a forum that allowed or promoted that type of behavior. I am sure your other advertisers feel the same. We value everyone's opinion. Believe it or not there are actually folks out there who have something negative to say about us! I know...I couldn't believe it either but to each his own. As long as it doesn't become harmful. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK POLICING THE FORUM. WE HAVE A GOOD THING HERE.
If we don't get to talk have a safe an fun 4th and we will talk again soon.