PDA

View Full Version : july 4th show

ras1986
05-30-2015, 06:16 PM
Ok guys and gals, hoping yall will chime in with some advice. A customer of mine has asked me to do the show for his friends and family at his beach house. I have a 5k budget maybe 6 if i ask nicely. This will be a 1.4 show, still no word back from atf for second interview. Anyway. This is being fired on the beach in front of his house. Around 250 ft in front of it. I only have 300 ish mortars. Planning on purchasing from 76 since they are doing 10% off of gold prices (good deal right?!). Firing electronically from 3 positions about 75 feet apart. If this was your scenario what product would you go with? I'm torn between all big 12 shot cakes or z and fans. Any ideas or criticism would be appreciated

wizard7611
05-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Allow me to tell you one thing. Three inch and two inch shell cakes are scams, mostly in the consumer line. That's all.

ras1986
05-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Well yes. I know they are a scam. I meant 2 inch cakes like spicy hot and the 76 pro line 12 shot cakes. These cakes out perform any canister shell I've shot them next to. I just think those monster cakes (mentioned above) have harder and more symmetrical breaks than cans. Trust me. If I had 1500 tubes I would buy nothing but high end cans

PyroManiacs
05-30-2015, 11:09 PM
There are many 2 inch & "3 inch" cakes that out perform reloads, no doubt.

You should not limit your purchasing to only big 9 & 12 shots. Although I do know how you feel because I always want to do the same thing.
In the end, buy a variety of things to break up any monotony that would happen from just purchasing 9's and 12's.... just remember, you may think its not monotonous... but the spectators might. :)