PDA

View Full Version : Finally type 54 permit in the mail

bearcreek
05-28-2015, 07:00 AM
After sending my application in on February 2 I got an email saying my permit is In the mail, but I'm not done yet I still need to get a permit from my county to shoot off fireworks. I am from jones county iowa and on the application it says I need to have one million in insurance coverage. Is this some type of special coverage I need to talk to my insurance company about? Thanks for all the help guys I have learned a lot off this site

displayfireworks1
05-28-2015, 04:45 PM
With a complex situation like this you need to write a paragraph is all inclusive with as much detail as possible, so we do not have to go back and forth asking questions to understand the entire picture. Do you have Type 54 , what type of property is shoot site , what is the event etc. How close are other buildings etc. Who all is invited , private public etc. The date on and on.

Pyro k
05-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Well like Dave said, this can go many different ways. What I do is shoot on my property. I also have to get a local township permit which costs me $50. Yes, they do require a million dollar liability policy. Since I'm a homeowner, I take advantage of my home owners insurance. Now if you get your type 54 like you say you have to be specific on the permit that you will be lighting 1.3 if that's what you intend to do. I think you may run out of time on that local permit, if your planning on shooting on the fourth lol. This process takes me well over a month to get mine FYI . Good luck

bearcreek
05-29-2015, 09:07 PM
I did receive my permit today. I will be shooting at a friends house in his pasture. I want to shoot on the 3rd of july. I will be shooting 3 inch shells at the largest because his buildings are 100yds away. It's not going to be that big of a shoot just family and friends.

Fire Art
05-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Congrats bearcreek!

bearcreek
06-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks fire art. I got everything all lined up and ready to go. I talked to the local sheriff's office and board of supervisor and they gave me all the info I needed. Thanks guys for the help