PDA

View Full Version : New Cobra in my hands...gotta new Cobra in my hands...

winterportpyro
05-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Just had to post that...just received the 18r2 and 18m's ....waiting on 4 Kingdom 10 cue sequencers to arrive....pretty excited as a newbie..... wanted to thank all those responsible for leading me in the right direction...Dave, Scott, Joel and others. Your videos are the best.

Pyro Nation
05-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Good LUCK!!! I love the cobra... My only issue with it... I keep buying more..HAHAHAHA

Engalwood
05-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Nice by... Wont regret it one bit!

Northern Sky
05-26-2015, 12:35 AM
....waiting on 4 Kingdom 10 cue sequencers to arrive....

Kingdom sequencers are not recommended with Cobra systems. The continuity current in the Cobra has been known to fire cues on the Kingdoms.

displayfireworks1
05-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Sounds like you are on your way to the exciting world of electrical firing. Try to get some pictures of your next fireworks display so we can see your system and set up.

winterportpyro
06-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Thanks Dave, I do plan on getting video of the set-up and the actual shoot posted. But the reply from Northern Sky is rather disheartening in reference to my using the Kingdom sequencer with my cobra. I can manually cue them up obviously with a separate power source, but a bummer for sure.. Gonna take his advice , though. And by the way, thanks to you for all the videos and tutorials you have posted. Great info and I've viewed alot of them several times to reinforce the lesson

JoeR
06-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Thanks Dave, I do plan on getting video of the set-up and the actual shoot posted. But the reply from Northern Sky is rather disheartening in reference to my using the Kingdom sequencer with my cobra. I can manually cue them up obviously with a separate power source, but a bummer for sure.. Gonna take his advice , though. And by the way, thanks to you for all the videos and tutorials you have posted. Great info and I've viewed alot of them several times to reinforce the lesson

I am not sure because I have never used the cobra or kingdom sequencer, but I think the issue is when it is hooked up to a cobra module and the continuity test is ran. Again, I do not know how cobra works, but if you were to run all of your continuity checks before hooking your sequencer up, in theory it should trigger the sequencer.

Those who use the kingdom sequencer's, does the sequencer show continuity on any other system, or is it technically an "open loop" unlike an e-match, which has a complete circuit, just not enough to pop it?

Northern Sky
06-02-2015, 10:50 PM
The show I was involved with, the sequencer fired one Critical Acclaim comet as soon as it was turned on hitting the lead of our show in the thigh. About two minutes later it fired a second comet.

It was the first and last time that sequencer was used.

winterportpyro
06-07-2015, 08:26 AM
I have tested my Cobra with the 10 cue sequencer. The sequencer will be triggered by the Cobra even in test mode by the the continuity check. When connected and the the 18M is placed in test mode, the cue lights on the sequencer will activate with every continuity pulse sent from the 18M (approx. every second). When researching the purchase of this item, I missed the notation that this was NOT compatible with the Cobra system and did not pick up on the fact during a video tutorial that the item was only being cue'd up by a single 9 volt battey, not tied into an actual firing system. My bad. I will still use these. I'll just initiate them via a separate power source.

cobrafiringsystems
06-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Some versions of the Kingdom sequencers are triggered by the COBRA test current which is about 25mA. The NFPA requires < 50mA of test current for testing e-match. COBRA uses 50% of this at 25mA, which is within NFPA requirements. Since discovering this, we are further reducing our test current to around 5mA. The last thing we want to do is point fingers, but the Kingdom sequences should increase their trigger current to several multiples above the the NFPA requirements. The no-fire e-match current is typically 200-400mA in e-match which is 4x-8x higher than our test current. We have provided this feedback to them along with further reducing out current for safety purposes. Any questions or concerns, anyone is welcome to contact me at 518-222-7410 or ssmith@cobrafiringsystems.com.