PDA

View Full Version : The Canister Shell Question

HenryBoy
05-14-2015, 07:21 PM
I thought that this would be a fun way to address the always present question about which Canister Shell is "The Best." Let me know what you think.

For what its worth, I know that there are a lot of factors that cannot be accounted for in the video. This is all about performance and most of all FUN! Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqI_MI3_Lqc

PyroManiacs
05-14-2015, 10:00 PM
I feel the camera on the left is zoomed in a little more than the right one.

Last weekend I happen to have seen Excals next to Kinglsayers, next to Sixty Gram Cans next to AR15/Shooter/Firearm Shells. So far, of all those the Excals hit the hardest. Dont get it wrong though, the other shells were real nice also. By no means were they crap.

I have also shot them against E-rains and Extreme Cans... Still the Excals hit harder. and thats all im worried about, what breaks the hardest. ;)

As for them going against Pyro Demons Demon Shells... I feel the Demon shells have just a tad louder but noticeably deeper break, which I love as well.

For sound: I would choose Demon Shells
For price/quantity: Excals.

HenryBoy
05-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. I know for certain that the camera did not change. I personally set it up and let it run while I was about 300 yards away lighting the shells. No one else was involved. I have to admit that being under them, they discrepancies were not as noticeable. I am buying a high quality decibel meter to add to the equation next time I go out to do this. I have Zeus, Pyro Demon, and potentially two other kits to add to the equation.

Comparative size and symmetry are easy to see on the side by side, but sound is much more difficult to assess!

PyroManiacs
05-14-2015, 10:43 PM
I guess it was just by chance that all the ones on the left looked better to me then.

Looking forward to the next bracket. Good idea on this whole concept as well.

HenryBoy
05-15-2015, 12:16 AM
It was probably because the lower seeded shells were on the right. Thanks for the good word!

Fire Art
05-18-2015, 09:15 AM
+1 for the demons

I do have to say that we lit a lot of Kingslayers this weekend at our open shoot and demo and they were great shells too. Nice spread, color and effects.

couchpotatooo
05-18-2015, 06:39 PM
I agree with PyroManiac1981 all the ones on the left looked a lot better. Any body heard of Viper Shells I believe they are by Flashing Fireworks.

CafreakinBOOM
05-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Well I think if you dont want to hit or miss and still get a great shell go for Excalibur. If you want a hard breaking shell ''ThUnDeR" then go for Excalibur 2012.

Canister shells are like "WINE", They have their years. Consistency.........I can count on EXCALIBUR:cool: It will be Great.

I still want to try those "ZEUS" shells.

HenryBoy
05-23-2015, 12:39 PM
The Zeus Shells will be on the opposite side of the bracket. I have at least 4 other Artillery Shells coming in that I am going to put in another bracket. (Zeus, Pyro Demon, Smoke and Mirrors, and one other) I am looking for a few more to try with these. If I can get my hands on some Pro Shells or Reaper Shells I will add those as well.

wizard7611
05-25-2015, 04:33 PM
I personally love XS HD shells from Big Fireworks. I will always rely on the boom they produce. Big Brutus shells aren't bad either.

Kepplec
05-25-2015, 11:51 PM
I purchased a case of Kingslayers as well as steel venom shells this year. Saw both at the demo I went to and they are real nice both out of the gun as well as when they break.

HenryBoy
06-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Round 1 is finished and round 2 is up Check it out and let us know what you think!
Canister Shell Challenge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BipWhq0ETss&feature=youtu.be)