PDA

View Full Version : Official: Kneppy's Fireworks Demo Nights and Open Shoot Night - May 1 & 2

jknepp1954
04-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Kneppy's Fireworks Inc. Presents:
11th Annual Products Demo – Class C (1.4g)
Saturday May 2, 2015 – Pyro time 8:00 PM till?
@ Morrisdale Fireman’s Recreation Park
1104 Deercreek Rd., Morrisdale, Pa. 16858

FOOD and drinks SOLD by West Branch Band Booster – support the local community
Music by Joe Torquato = Also Pyro Musical Finale by WNYPA

Kneppy's Fireworks will be showing off 90+ of the new products from last year and this year. Come early to get good parking and good food!
Bring your lawn chairs, flashlights, pens, and rate our wonderful products. Yes, pack up the kids – they will love this too! Make this a family event! After all, “Fireworks are a Family Tradition!” You won’t want to miss this!

7:30 – Kids SURPRISE!! Kids 12 & under
Free Frisbee drawings and 50/50 chances

Lodging – Motels – Harbor Inn - Philipsburg (9 mi) 814-342-0250
Best Sleep Inn – Philipsburg (10 miles) – 814-342-2004
Kwik Fill Plaza Motel – Kylertown (3 mi) – 814-345-5645 (I-80, exit 133)
Clearfield – exit 120 - Holiday Inn Express, Best Western Plus, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Rodeway, Super 8, Econolodge, Travel Lodge – about 17 mi. away
Campgrounds – Woodland Campground (14 mi) – Woodland – 814-857-5388 (I-80, exit 123)
Black Moshannon State Park – 8 mi. – 814-342-5960
Snow Shoe Campground – 15 mi. – 814-387-6299 (I-80, exit 147)

Directions to Shoot site: GPS address: 1104 Deercreek Road, Morrisdale, Pa. 16858
From I-80 East or West – Exit 133, Rt. 53 South to Morrisdale. Turn right at the Country Convenience Store (on the left) onto Deercreek road – go about 1 mile = demo is on the right.
From Rt. 322 West or East – Rt. 322 to Philipsburg, turn at the stop light at Sheetz/Harbor Inn intersection (Rt. 53 N). Follow Rt. 53N to Morrisdale. AT the Country Convenience Store (on right) – you make a left. Go about 1 mile – demo is on the right.
From I-99 – go I-99 north to Rt. 350 N Exit to Philipsburg. Follow Rt. 53N to Morrisdale. AT the Country Convenience Store (on right) – you make a left. Go about 1 mile – demo is on the right.

**WARNING – DETOURS TO Kneppy's Fireworks – The main bridge is out – but we should have signs posted to show the way here.

NOTE: After the Demo is over – our store will be open for retails sales only. If you are buying caselots – please either pre-order or stay overnight at one of the facilities listed above. We can not go into storage containers in the dark due to insurance matters. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

************************************************** ************************************************** **********

Also open shoot night – May 1
Supper time at the above park – I am cooking dinner – so lots to eat.
We need a head count for this as I need to know if food for 20 or 100 – so call IF you are coming.
Supper about 6
Open shoot starts also about 6 to 9
1.4g consumer fireworks ONLY – no B stuff

***NEW *** 4 x 8 board competition. Fired off at 8:30
Only room for 4 teams. Let us know if you want to sign up
RULES – fairly simple – only 4x8’ – can be hand fired or e-fired. Can be one fuse, can be choreographed. Your choice.
PRODUCTS to be used – MUST be 50% or more from our Kneppy’s Fireworks store. Using our discounted price system.
Prizes given out – 1st place $150 wholesale product and 2nd place $75 wholesale product.
Judges will be appointed night of show.
How to see you all there!

jknepp1954
04-20-2015, 03:09 PM
We will also have one time only 3 days discounts for EVERYONE coming through the doors. This is your golden opportunity for big discounts for a small purchase. NO MINIMUM $$ necessary - for the May 1-3 only.
This is for PYRO TALK forum members ONLY!!! Need verification of membership.
SHIPPED ORDERS NOT INCLUDED.
please either pm me, or email jknepp@kneppysfireworks.com for discount info.

jknepp1954
04-20-2015, 06:23 PM
***NEW *** 4 x 8 board competition. Fired off at 8:30
Only room for 4 teams. Let us know if you want to sign up
RULES – fairly simple – only 4x8’ – can be hand fired or e-fired. Can be one fuse, can be choreographed. Your choice.
PRODUCTS to be used – MUST be 50% or more from our Kneppy’s Fireworks store. Using our discounted price system.
Prizes given out – 1st place $150 wholesale product and 2nd place $75 wholesale product.
Folks - i am so sorry - i should have proofed this better than what i did. No choreographed musicals! I will NOT have a sound man until demo night.
Again - sorry about that....btw - the sooner i know who the contestants would be - the better.
Thank you - Joyce

Westpapyro
04-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Thinking about doing the 4X8 board competition, any other takers?

PyroJoeNEPA
04-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Don't think about it--jump in with both feet & be the first one to get the ball rolling. It will be a great time! I'd do it myself but I will be "fully loaded" with the sound equipment I am bringing out for the demo on Sat night--I'm going to try & squeeze in a rack or two & some "goodies" to shoot---just can't get a 4x8 load in the trusty old Blazer along with everything else . I guess I need a bigger vehicle!!!

jknepp1954
04-25-2015, 11:32 AM
I only have 1 contestant for the 4x8 contest - are you all just going to sit back and let him win???

PyroJoeNEPA
04-25-2015, 03:58 PM
I only have 1 contestant for the 4x8 contest - are you all just going to sit back and let him win???
Come on Guys & Gals---this is your chance to light up the sky & shine!!! I'm surprised no one else has signed up for this yet! The clock is ticking------------.

jknepp1954
04-26-2015, 08:59 AM
you tube vids from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4Zo2PiepI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZqhlng1ws

also a couple years ago - Dave had a special on us - thanks Dave~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F6eWOyXEAg

jknepp1954
04-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Friday - 64 for high - 50/50 rain - weather guy says just shower for a short while then quit - so not too bad
Sat - 69 for high - 20% rain - pretty good weather i think
Evenings - chilly down to 40's - so dress accordingly
We will have this broadcast over a local FM station on Saturday - so you can HEAR what is going on from the car.
4x8 competition - still only 1 competitor

displayfireworks1
04-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Best of luck to everyone attending Kneppys Demo. I will not be able to make this year. I see Joyce posted my tour of her store. I also have a video from her 2012 demo.
This is an unlisted video. Funny thing is it is actually one of my most viewed unlisted videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtPBpizXVA

PGH_Pyro
04-30-2015, 11:35 PM
i am also unable to get over there, for this one, unfortunately ... damn !
Joyce, i'll see you in the Fall ...

Westpapyro
05-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Well for health reasons I am not able to go tonight. Sorry again Joyce!

jknepp1954
05-02-2015, 08:56 AM
I am going to share a post from another forum that a guy who ALWAYS attends - he shoots samples of stuff from various places and reviews them - ENJOY HIS COMMENTS.

Well, the weather held off, and we had an excellent night for shooting. Temps in the low 60's to high 50's, no wind, and it was cloudy but DRY!!! In other words- good shooting weather!

Thanks to the Knepp's for the delicious bbq and sloppy joes, the potato salad , beans, and red white and blue cake. Yum, yum ,yum.

It was good seeing everyone again!

On to the reviews:

Cakes:

Glorious Rocketeer, 500g. I've been wanting to see this. Very nice, and pretty inexpensive, even at retail. I loved the glitter tails, and the colors and strobes in the breaks. one at a time, shooting a silver glitter comet up to a break of mixed color and white strobes, or brocades and strobes. Has a nice finale of several shots at once. Not a powerhouse, but very nice to look at, and it lends itself to shooting several at once in a front. Nice cake!

Sadly, most of the 500g cakes I saw/shot were of the no-speakum variety, and have to be left out- even though I'm dying to yammer on and on about them.

On to the 200g cakes:

Cutting Edge Futurama. WOW, just wow... A 19 shot cake that shoots BRIGHT red horsetails with gold flying fish. Did I mention the awesome red color?? Quiet and very pretty. I got lots of questions about that one. If you see it, GET IT! Awesome, awesome cake. A++

Phantom Solar Explosion. 19s. Yup- there's a reason this is still being sold after all these years. Very nice indeed! Red glitter comets up to some nice assorted breaks of color, glitter etc. I like it, I like it a lot. This is a good performer, and worth the buy, imo. A.

Phantom Pyro Pixie Dust. 9s. I've been wondering about this. Nice cake with good strong breaks and effects. Looks like a mini noab. With a name like that, I just had to buy it, you know? Another worth it from Phantom. A.

The above two were part of a forgotten stash I stumbled upon while looking for something else. Gotta love it when that happens.

Cutting edge Pride and Joy. Not sure of shot count- 20? I liked this one a lot! It's an entire show on a fuse with lots of action. Comets, whistlers, and nice big color breaks- what's not to love? There are some angled fans, some barrages and some single shots. This came highly recommended to me from a favorite retailer. A+ Is there a firework these guys make that ISN'T cool? It's probably a tough one to script into a highly organized show- but a killer one for the backyard showman.

I also did some stash cleaning out.

TNT Blue Stars w/reports. An old time favorite! LOVE the fountain in this one: pretty gold spray with deep blue pearls. The shots were pretty good, too. Blue stars and, I could swear I saw fish in some of them. Decent pop to some of them. TNT did good by this backyarder o.b.g.

I also shot one of Sky King's "six Drinks" mini cakes. This was the Purple- something. (forgot to add it to my cheat sheet...) Pretty nice- I don't recall a lot of purple, but there were some nice color breaks in it. Still impressed with how the factories manage to put such a good performance into such tiny cakes! If you shop at Sky King, these lil guys are worth picking up- not very expensive either.

Liberty Bell Gatling Gun 25's. One of these makes an appearance at every demo open shoot, it seems. Red, green and crackling breaks. Good noise and break size. This was from several years ago, but they haven't really changed.

BIG Black Label. Another "find". Yep- that was the old Battle of Colors type cake. BIG, noisy red, green and blue breaks with finale.

Red Devil 100ct firecracker strips. These are good crackers! Pretty loud, and dud free.

Rockets.

Sky King bottle rockets w/report. Nice! Good snappy reports, and plenty of zip. No duds out of the packs I shot.

Megabanger 2 0z rockets. Good flyers, and the expected small bursts. The nose cones were VERY loose. I did see some fairly decent fx from a couple- the silver dragon ones, I believe. No idea when or where I got them. ( and I won't be rushing back for more...) But, hey-they're rockets, and they make that satisfying WHOOSH rocket lovers like, so...

Phantom Blue Streak rockets. WTF- out of 6, only 2 or three were blue... I saw red stars in most of them. Some had good fishies, others, well they just lit in a bunch and didn't go anywhere. GREAT flyers, though. Sad to see such a good rocket reduced to this... Good for the rocket part only.

King Bird Wild Geese. Now I feel cheated: They all flew well and put out a decent amount of stars, but the whistles were completely absent from the breaks. That's the whole reason I buy these... To be fair, these were from an old batch of the License to fly rocket assortment- the ones they sell separately in the store may perform differently. All other versions I've seen recently did whistle.

Candles.

Cutting Edge 5pc assorted candle pack. I really liked these! The crackle candles actually had decent crackling comets, the blue thunder had nice snappy reports, the whistling candle was awesome, etc. These are a good buy! I shot all five at once, and they looked great together. This pack would make a great choice for candle racks or barrages. Noise, action, and color. Cheap, too! Recommended!

Shells.

Showtime Total Chaos. VERY nice! come packed three tubes to the box. appx 1.25" diameter preloaded shells. Each one has a two stage effect: A crackle mine, and a nice big color break. The mines are delayed slightly, so the crackle appears out of thin air well up in the sky. Big colorful breaks. A. I'm a bit of a sucker for the small boxed tubes- and these do NOT disappoint.

Phantom Grucci #200 Manhattan Crown Brocade. A very nice brocade with great height. Totally outclassed sizewise by some of the reloadables being shot- but that's a compliment to the shells, not a dig at this tube.

Dominator. The new 18 pc tube shell kit. ( name escapes me...) DAMN- these are great! I've seen people on here wondering about these, so I thought I'd add my 2 cents: BUY THEM. A++. BIG breaks, and awesome effects! The kit wasn't mine, so I have no other info.

Dragon Eggs Mini Bombs. 6 pc kit. These are very nice! Assorted effect, with nice big full breaks. One of Phantom's give-aways that was so popular, they added it to their catalog. Now I know why. I give em a solid A. Not QUITE a premium ball shell, but not a "filler" type midgrade either.

Windmill Mortar Mayhem. Rambo style cans. I've reviewed them before, but it bears repeating: If you were a fan of the old Beihai cans, this is the can shell to get! One of them was a gorgeous gold glittering willowish break- it really resembled a tremalon effect from a display shell.

Fountains: I saved the best for last, and boy do I have some doozies!

Cutting Edge Amazing fountain. My guy must have got the "good" batch ( he just got them in). Holy buckets- this thing lives up to it's name!!! Everybody wanted to know what that fan fountain I just shot was. Great display, with lots of good effects, and the ending is massive! Now THAT is how you do a fan fountain! JUST GET IT! A+++!

Glorious Hot Roll. Large square fountain with a cute 6 sided die motif. WOW, this one is another performer! Great effects- and plenty of them. The crackle section near the end is SO loud, Jay had to bellow his comments in my ear at the top of his lungs. This is most certainly NOT "just" a cute novelty fountain. Glorious gets two thumbs way up for this. A+! I THINK it was this one that had two sections of a tall gold branching sparks spray that I really liked.

Phantom Funky Monkey. I LOVED this! They crammed just about every cool effect they could think of in here, including separate sections of red flamedrops with crysanthemums, and later green flamedrops with mums. Lots of effect, and it's pretty intense. I have no problem whatsoever paying retail at the Ghost for this one. A++!

Phantom Alpha Wolf. Another big winner from Phantom! The opening section with the squiggly stars effect is neat, then it goes on to lots of other nice effects- inc flamedrops. Once again, very much worth the price. A++.

FOA Thunder Snow. This is another nice fan fountain. Great effects, inc a nice bright fan of silver spray. This caught fire and burned brightly as soon as it finished. A.

Cannon Ancient Myth. Here's something different- an angled fountain where the tubes point inward instead of out. Each spray includes a colored flare, for that crossing effect. NICE! Very pretty. Interestingly, the fountain itself weighs nothing- it feels like you're holding an empty box. Until you light it. Then you get an awesome performance. A+.

Cutting Edge Desperate Measures. This is quite a nice one, too. I don't see it on their website, so I'm not sure if it's available any longer. But, that's why I go to the mom n pop fireworks stores- to find cool things like this! Excellent pretty effects in this one. Buy it if you can find it. A.

Red Pearl Jackpot Fever. Another one of those cool finds. Red Pearl makes good stuff, I just wish it were more common! This is a square/rectangular fountain, but it's a fan. The fanned sprays all have colored flares at their base- in assorted colors, so it kind of looks like a mini rainbow. Pretty effects, with rich vivid colors. A winner! A+

World Class Magician. A small backyarder type fountain. Two tubes packed with nice colors and crackles. I liked this one. A good, inexpensive fountain for scratching that itch.

Now that this pyro junkie got his fix of ambrosia-like smoke, it's time to hit the sack. Can't wait for tomorrow!