PDA

View Full Version : Little Disappointed in Kellner's Supply

Tennisconnor
04-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Today for the first time I decided to go to Kellner’s Demo Shoot day. I came with a list of items I wanted to purchase and Demo. When I got there about half of the items on my list weren’t there. I had to try out and bring home about half of what I wanted. For driving three hours I was very upset that I wasn’t able to purchase all that I intended. I bought all my stuff before 4 figuring the crowds wouldn’t be there. I have a couple questions… First off why was the warehouse like empty??.... Secondly are there other days before the fourth of July that there are sales like the one today? I don’t want cases of one item; I like having a variety of things to shoot of come the summer. If someone could help fill me in on why there was so little product there and if there are other sales coming up, that would be great. Thanks!

Pyro Nation
04-17-2015, 05:18 AM
And thats why I havent gone back in 2 years... I went for 2 years in a row and dealt with that both in 1.4 and 1.3

jknepp1954
04-17-2015, 08:42 AM
that sale is just a one day thing. PERIOD
Many reasons for the lack of product as not just kellners but many importers face (even our small company) We order product for the following year often times in July....yes just after the 4th. And it takes that long to make things - perhaps same factory makes 50 different 500 gr items. they can't do them all at one time. never been to china so i really don't know how long it takes to make - but may things espeially the shells and shell inserts for the large 500 gr depend on the weather - sunshine and no rain. Well if you get 30 days of straight rain (and sometimes they do) there is NO shells being made.
Shipping part - ever hear of the west coast dock strike? A couple months ago i heard of a Tenn co who had a container in NOV just being stuck their and not moving still in FEB!!!!!!!!! Things are flowing more smoothly now - but still not like it should - i think now a week or 2 inthe waiting channels until they are moved.
And then the lack of enough truckers to truck to companies. Remember this is HAZMAT - and not that many hazmat drivers out there.
When you go to Kellners or anywhere else...ALWAYS ASK FIRST if what you want is in or not and then you can plan accordingly.

BTW - I was in their warehouse about 10 days ago - you should seen it then!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

PyroJoeNEPA
04-17-2015, 11:12 AM
And thats why I havent gone back in 2 years... I went for 2 years in a row and dealt with that both in 1.4 and 1.3
100% with Rob on that one. I always ended coming back without most of the stuff on the list that I wanted both in 1.3g & 1.4g.
Joyce gave a very good explanation of the logistics behind how & why the dealer's shelves don't get stocked--but I know there are some dealers with plenty of product to sell you & others that are "known" for having empty shelves [unfortunately Kellner's has had this bad rep for several years & it is going to take a lot for them to get their client base back there shopping again! I know several people that just don't bother going there anymore.
The best thing you can do is shop with the different dealers & see who has what you specifically want before you make a trip like that. It is 3 1/2 hrs for me to cross PA to get to Kellners. 50% off of an empty shelf doesn't mean much.

Kneppys open shoot & demo is coming up May 1st & 2nd. You should look into that. Joyce's storeroom may not be as big as Kellners, but her shelves are always full, she carries several different brand products, & she is a great person to deal with!

Pyro-Junkie
04-18-2015, 12:49 AM
yea I was a little bummed out myself especially with a 6hr drive from NY...but I already knew the deal. i was happy throwing up a few cases of 3in and 6in. no salute cakes was the worst part so i made my own out of 2.5in and some racks!!lol there wasn't much 1.4 worth playing with so i didn't bother. still had fun and met some good people!

PGH_Pyro
04-18-2015, 07:41 PM
i always find a few things to buy .
they had good bunch of good SMBs

PyroJoeNEPA
04-18-2015, 08:01 PM
they had good bunch of good SMBs
whistle whistle whistle---whistle whistle whistle--whistle whistle whistle. :rolleyes::p

matandch
04-18-2015, 10:08 PM
whistle whistle whistle---whistle whistle whistle--whistle whistle whistle. :rolleyes::p

Sure to be a show that you'll never forget! :eek:

PGH_Pyro
04-19-2015, 04:49 PM
i love to do a bunch of 300-shot SMBs all at once in conjunction with fast fused shells/salutes and etc
finale thing

matandch
04-19-2015, 05:50 PM
I once saw a show in a competition that featured saturn missiles as its theme. Needless to say it didn't win the competition. 10 or 12 years I still remember that show. Don't have the slightest recollection of one effect in the winning show. Moral of the story: If you want a show to win a competition use traditional pyromusical artistry. If you want a show that everyone will remember, annoy the hell out of them with saturn missiles!

displayfireworks1
04-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Here is my video from the Kellner Fireworks demo 2015.
This video is near one hour and thirty minutes long of the complete 1.3 demo. The photography is not the best but it will give you some idea of the products performance. At the beginning of the video I tour the warehouse consumer fireworks and review pricing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kk5mrjVhiU
This next video are clips of random video from the event I released on my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_3utOJqtbA

CTPYRO
04-20-2015, 10:49 AM
yea I was a little bummed out myself especially with a 6hr drive from NY...but I already knew the deal. i was happy throwing up a few cases of 3in and 6in. no salute cakes was the worst part so i made my own out of 2.5in and some racks!!lol there wasn't much 1.4 worth playing with so i didn't bother. still had fun and met some good people!

6Hrs you drove from NY?? Wow.. well the IPI demo is May8th ( open shoot ) and demo on the 9th.. and you wont have to worry about a shortage of stock. And it's much closer to you

BoomOhio
04-30-2015, 12:01 AM
yea my wife and I drove from Ohio. We had a good time but where disappointed with the selection of in stock product. was there a sale the night of the 1.4 demo? we where charged full price on the product we bought. I also picked up one of there consumer firing systems when I was there and when I got home to try it out it does not work. I called two times to see if maybe I was doing something wrong. both times they told me they would call me back and never did. now I have to find time to drive back out there to exchange it.

jknepp1954
04-30-2015, 01:14 AM
The SALE was the DAY BEFORE - that would be open shoot night.

KELLFIRE mike
04-30-2015, 04:48 PM
yea my wife and I drove from Ohio. We had a good time but where disappointed with the selection of in stock product. was there a sale the night of the 1.4 demo? we where charged full price on the product we bought. I also picked up one of there consumer firing systems when I was there and when I got home to try it out it does not work. I called two times to see if maybe I was doing something wrong. both times they told me they would call me back and never did. now I have to find time to drive back out there to exchange it.

Did you get a hold of somebody yet? I took a call about the firing system and said I had to call back. When I did call back the number I was giving was incorrect and had no other number to contact the person. No need to drive. If it doesn't work mail it back. We will look at it and make sure it doesn't work and mail you a new one.

KELLFIRE mike
04-30-2015, 04:50 PM
As always thanks for video taping and sharing!!

BoomOhio
05-01-2015, 12:07 AM
yes I did get a call today. I have not tried to fire anything with it yet because it does not light up or even seem to power on when pressing the power button. he told me to go ahead and try to fire something with it and to call back and let him know how it goes. I will do that this weekend. no problem if I do have to drive it back its not to bad of a drive around 1 hour 20 minutes. plus I might get some mortar tubes or one of the cakes that was out of stock that night. Thanks for the reply!