PDA

View Full Version : PA Permit to purchase and Township Permission

Seaburnj-PA
04-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Hey folks, I had a question maybe some of my fellow PA residents might be able to answer. I normally use fireworks in Lawrence County purchased through the SkyKing (expensive) store close to the Ohio border. That store has some sort of agreement where they have the PA purchase form available right at the door. This year I wanted to step up my backyard show, I received my 54 license from the ATF and will be attending the shooter's certification class at Kellner's this weekend. I would like to purchase my fireworks this year from Kellners, but they don't have the same sort of "agreement" in Lawrence County that SkyKing has. When I went to the Township (Union Township, LAW County) they told me they had no problems with fireworks but no one wants to sign a PA purchase permit. They are afraid of liability issues, they'd rather you shoot and not tell them or something. In order for me to get them to sign a PA permit to purchase they are going to put it up to the council for a vote later this week.

Has anyone ran into this issue? How was it resolved for you? Any suggestions on how to purchase without local powers that be signing off on the form even though they are okay with shooting?

Rocketshooter
04-15-2015, 12:25 PM
I believe that Kellners will let you purchase both 1.3 and 1.4 if you present them with a CL54 license.
It would not hurt to keep a note with your 1.3 records that you were given verbal permission by your local authorities to shoot.

Fire Art
04-18-2015, 11:16 PM
You can purchase at Fire Art with your 54, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.4 Articles.

If your township does not have a fireworks ordinance then you may shoot without needing a permit being that you possess a Type 54. Be courteous and inform neighbors and place a call to the state and local police so if they get calls they know you are a licensed user.

jknepp1954
04-19-2015, 05:38 AM
Same here at Kneppys - you can purchase with your type 54. Best to still get the local permit though to keep in good with the local AHJ

Seaburnj-PA
04-21-2015, 03:34 PM
Thank you for the replies, it took a "resolution" but I was able to get a letter from my township for my records.

Fire Art
04-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Good deal. Still a good idea to give the state police a call so they don't get dispatched if a call comes in.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Good deal. Still a good idea to give the state police a call so they don't get dispatched if a call comes in.
I get a permit every year [without any hassles] from the Township that I live in for my personal show [1.4 & 1.3 product--up to 6" shells this year] but one stipulation to the permit is that I notify both the Township Police & the State Police in advance of the date, time, & location so they do not have an unnecessary "roll out" if someone were to call in about the fireworks.

KELLFIRE mike
04-30-2015, 04:55 PM
if you have a type 54 license. That's all we need to sell you fireworks. You can email or fax us a copy of your license and start ordering!