PDA

View Full Version : The wife and fireworks.....

N3OQO
03-30-2015, 04:42 PM
I must be the luckiest man on the earth! The wife and I have been together coming up on 6 years this year, and got married this past December. She has helped me since she has been around with my hobby and taken incredible pictures and videos, but last night she said she had a request. She wants her own set in this summers big fireworks display and I am loving it!!!! I told her to pick what she wants, I'll help set it up for her, and throw her a remote. Knock your socks off Baby!! Any others have a significant other that gets into as much as you do? I'm living a dream now.....

vegassalute
03-30-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm right there with you N3. My wife continues to encourage me to follow my passion with pyro. Even now as I explore possible pyro biz opportunities. Awesome isn't it?

snickels
03-30-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm a single female that has been into pyro since I was little. I broke out of the "backyard" a few years ago and haven't looked back.

PyroManiacs
03-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Im lucky as well.... my future wife that I have been with almost 5 years... Is actually thinking about coming to one of our training seminars so she can work during the fireworks season with me.

It took those 5 years to get her to do it, shes not really afraid of the fireworks itself.... she just dont want to light anything......YET!

It will probably take a few more years for that, haha.

When I first started talking her ear off about fireworks she couldnt stand it. But now she enjoys hearing about all the different events and things happening.

I think I have found a keeper.

Melp
03-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Me and my wife have been together for over 35 years she has alway told me to get involved with something. I started doing shows on the 4th for the family over 25 years ago and moved into larger stuff just in the last year or so. My wife is the one that takes the pictures and now is starting to write scripts for my cobra. If I could ever figure out how to post videos she would be the one in the back ground saying oh I like that one or that one sucks.

PyroManiacs
03-30-2015, 08:07 PM
she would be the one in the back ground saying oh I like that one or that one sucks.

Haha... My lady does this as well!

PGH_Pyro
03-30-2015, 08:26 PM
i'm single/divorced and grateful that I don't have to worry about the approval of my livelihood from a spouse !

Dion
03-30-2015, 08:50 PM
i'm single/divorced and grateful that i don't have to worry about the approval of my livelihood from a spouse !

amen to that1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vegassalute
03-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Snickels - who knows this could also end up a dating site too :)

PGH_Pyro
03-30-2015, 09:32 PM
i dunno ... fireworks is like 90% male... in this country, anyway .

N3OQO
03-31-2015, 06:23 PM
I got the bad choice in a wife out of the way 30 years ago. HEH

snickels
03-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Snickels - who knows this could also end up a dating site too :)

Lol! I'm just here for the love of Pyro!

wizard7611
04-01-2015, 05:43 PM
i dunno ... fireworks is like 90% male... in this country, anyway .

True

amen to that1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, exclamation point fail.;)

Elisabeth
04-26-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm a single female that has been into pyro since I was little. I broke out of the "backyard" a few years ago and haven't looked back.
I always thought I was "weird" for being a woman who loves fireworks. As I've gotten more active in the hobby, I'm finding that though this still a very make dominated hobby, by no means are women pyro's rare as proverbial "unicorns". :o

PyroJoeNEPA
04-26-2015, 08:30 PM
I always thought I was "weird" for being a woman who loves fireworks. As I've gotten more active in the hobby, I'm finding that though this still a very make dominated hobby, by no means are women pyro's rare as proverbial "unicorns". :o
You are absolutely right. Some awesome female designers & shooters out there! I know a few of them---but am having trouble locating the unicorns!

displayfireworks1
04-26-2015, 09:07 PM
There are actually multiple females on the forums. Diversity is always welcome. Contrary to popular believe most fireworks in China are actually made by females. I have seen many husband and wife professional pyro-technician teams over the years. Glad to have you.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-08-2016, 03:14 AM
I must be the luckiest man on the earth! The wife and I have been together coming up on 6 years this year, and got married this past December. She has helped me since she has been around with my hobby and taken incredible pictures and videos, but last night she said she had a request. She wants her own set in this summers big fireworks display and I am loving it!!!! I told her to pick what she wants, I'll help set it up for her, and throw her a remote. Knock your socks off Baby!! Any others have a significant other that gets into as much as you do? I'm living a dream now.....

Very lucky man! The only way I get away with blowing $2500 a year on fireworks is I make 3 times what the wife makes. She's not a big fan, but she doesn't give me grief about it anymore either. I think after 33 years of marriage she's finally figured out that I'm going to pursue my passions and I always encourage her to do the same. Seems to work for us.

Sounds like you married a good woman there. Hope you share many happy (and safe!) pyro filled years together.

Bazerk
06-08-2016, 09:00 AM
My wife has always enjoyed fireworks. We have been married for 4 years now and she now sits on the couch with me and watches all of the product videos on the TV and we pick out the stash together. She wants nothing to do with the money in our house so she isnt too much concerned with that so long as the mortgage, tuitions, car payments, bills and daycare gets paid, lol. Having 4 kids that like pyro helps my cause also. I am very lucky in that I got to marry my high school sweetheart. We had split up senior year, been through failed marriages and then 18 years later, found each other again and its been great ever since. She supports me and my hobby and every year it gets a little bigger and better.

JmFnG
06-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Another lucky fella here....while she likes to tease me about being obsessed, she definitely enjoys the boom.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2016, 12:55 AM
My wife has always enjoyed fireworks. We have been married for 4 years now and she now sits on the couch with me and watches all of the product videos on the TV and we pick out the stash together. She wants nothing to do with the money in our house so she isnt too much concerned with that so long as the mortgage, tuitions, car payments, bills and daycare gets paid, lol. Having 4 kids that like pyro helps my cause also. I am very lucky in that I got to marry my high school sweetheart. We had split up senior year, been through failed marriages and then 18 years later, found each other again and its been great ever since. She supports me and my hobby and every year it gets a little bigger and better.

That's an awesome story Bazerk! Sounds like it was always meant to be. The wife and I were in the same kindergarten class. So we go WAY WAY back. We started dating when we were 16 and got married 5 years later. Been a wild ride ever since. She's a good egg. Good luck to you and yours. Hope to see video of your show this year!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2016, 12:56 AM
They ladies call us obsessed. I prefer to think we're just passionate about our hobby.