PDA

View Full Version : Hello From the Swamps Of Louisiana

fireworkfan
03-30-2015, 01:20 AM
Hi everyone i'm yet another transplant from that other fireworks site and i've decided to kiss that site good bye for good just because if the drama and BS alone over there and i'll leave it at that.

I've been into the wonderful world of pyro for the last 15 years if not longer all in the 1.4 world and as you may know we have 2 pyro seasons down here and that is 4th of july and what i believe to be the more popular fireworks holiday in NYE. Mostly due to weather and less heat than july but,i like any good fireworks lover I will use any excuse to celebrate with fireworks.I first came across dave in his pyrotechnician for a day series the very first one around the year 2008 or so from that video on i was completely hooked on this stuff and its where i first learned about wholesale e-firing and all of that wonderful stuff. From the videos and as i mentioned previously i was a member of that other site and i saw the hate and all that that dave got over the videos and quite honestly i never understood it because i would think you would want the younger generation that is more tech savy actually see and learn what this hobby intails and not just read about it in limited fashions or "know" the right guys to learn from. But anyway i love what dave is doing and i hope you keep it up and forget all the haters because if you don't have new people discovering the hobby then like any of the other by gone hobbies it will slowly die off and become a thing of that past. Anyway I look forward to learning more from the guys here and talking nothing but fireworks :)

vegassalute
03-30-2015, 01:36 AM
Welcome fireworkfan! Your motivation for joining seems to be a common theme these days. I never understood why Dave was demonized by some on the other site either. In a word, it's pathetic, but then again look at how active this group has become. Anyway, you're with a good tribe now. Welcome and I (as a fellow newer member to PT) look forward to reading your contributions.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the site Fireworkfan. You will find the people here willing to discuss anything pyro related & we all learn from each other. Whether you are an old timer or new to the hobby there is always something "new" to be learned from others. Enjoy!!!

fatcat
03-30-2015, 10:23 AM
FWF Welcome to the site. Glad to have more "Southernors" on board. Where in LA do you call home? I agreee with you that down here in the South, NYE is actually a bigger fireworks day than the 4th but I also look for any day to shoot some pyro. Once again welcome aboard.

PyroManiacs
03-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

jknepp1954
03-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Welcome to this great site!

PGH_Pyro
03-30-2015, 08:32 PM
I watch "Swamp People" . fun show .
Love all that Cajun music and food.
bienvenue .

displayfireworks1
03-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Thank you joining pyrotalk discussion forums. I appreciate the comments in your post. I often hear from people that they "Never Understood it". It is the type of comments you made that drives me forward. Thank you.