PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotalk $50.00 Contest

displayfireworks1
03-29-2015, 06:10 PM
You could win $50.00
The Pyrouniverse website was down for the last few days, it looks like it may be back up and running again. Some of the main forum members moved over to the pyrofan website forums. The stated on pyrofan they will not return to the pyrounivrse website.
The contest
Starting today, how many days will it take before the main forum members leave the pyrofan website and return to pyrouniverse? Please give you answer in days from today 03/29/2015. The closest to the actually number of days determined by pyrotalk forum members will win $50.00 payable by check mailed to you home. If for some reason the contest goes longer than 30 days, I will mail the check to the “PGI Help a Pyro foundation”. If two people pick the same answer it will de decided by the Random website.
You must be a pyrotalk forums member to enter and you answer must be posted on the forums. Good luck to everyone who enters.
P.S I know its wrong but it should at least add to the drama.
http://fiftydollarbill.info/2004_$50_fifty_dollar_bill_front.jpg

ras1986
03-29-2015, 06:18 PM
2 days is my guess

gghff
03-29-2015, 06:22 PM
1 day would be my guess

ras1986
03-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Lol I'll take store credit or some thunderkings if I win

N3OQO
03-29-2015, 07:12 PM
.75 days, only because of damp quickfuse....

Pyro@Mach13
03-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Really? what does this accomplish?

ras1986
03-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Really? what does this accomplish?
It doesn't accomplish anything. Friendly competition. .. like target and walmart. And walmart accepting targets coupons. All in good fun!

pyromustang
03-29-2015, 08:32 PM
0 days would be my guess. they all will be back within hours as soon as it is up and running.

displayfireworks1
03-29-2015, 08:36 PM
I actually offered to let them announce the MAFF details on pyrotalk forums until the pyrouniverse website came back up. There are probably many fireworks enthusiast that attend the event and need to know the information.Why should they suffer. They refused my help. I am actually trying to recruit some of members and advertisers to pyrotalk. That site is so full of drama, I guess I wanted to add to it and make it fun. It's like a TV show. LOL . I wish Colin would sell that site and someone would clean it up. Actually I wish someone would buy it and close it down. Right now I do not see it as competition, its more like a hindrance slowing progress down. Colin owns the site, not the forums members. He is responsible for whatever it has become. The site needs a forums software update and probably a larger cloud server. I went through these database error issues, you need to spend some money to solve it.

UniversalPyro
03-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks for advertising the Pyrofan website, i didnt know it was their, now ill join that, great info.

PyroManiacs
03-29-2015, 08:58 PM
lol... I'll say 3 days.

displayfireworks1
03-29-2015, 09:29 PM
I believe the pyrofan website may close very soon. It is primarily a Dutch website that has a small English section. He has some great videos on YouTube. I believe he is also a member on the pyrotalk forums. I predict in X number of days when the group leaves, he may just close that section.

wpman321
03-29-2015, 11:35 PM
lol give it 3 days

wizard7611
03-30-2015, 12:01 AM
I would say one week.

Westpapyro
03-30-2015, 12:04 AM
I
You could win $50.00
The Pyrouniverse website was down for the last few days, it looks like it may be back up and running again. Some of the main forum members moved over to the pyrofan website forums. The stated on pyrofan they will not return to the pyrounivrse website.
The contest
Starting today, how many days will it take before the main forum members leave the pyrofan website and return to pyrouniverse? Please give you answer in days from today 03/29/2015. The closest to the actually number of days determined by pyrotalk forum members will win $50.00 payable by check mailed to you home. If for some reason the contest goes longer than 30 days, I will mail the check to the “PGI Help a Pyro foundation”. If two people pick the same answer it will de decided by the Random website.
You must be a pyrotalk forums member to enter and you answer must be posted on the forums. Good luck to everyone who enters.
P.S I know its wrong but it should at least add to the drama.
http://fiftydollarbill.info/2004_$50_fifty_dollar_bill_front.jpg

Wow Df1, way to stoop to a new low. Ya Ya we get it you and some of there [U]members[U] don't get along! But you are not a member of this site, you are the owner/operator. More is expected of you. I can continue on a pm if you'd like, just close this stupid thread, give the money to that PGI charity and move on!

jknepp1954
03-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Kind of agree with westpa. All 3 sites are great - and all 3 are run differently. and what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
there is info that you can get from one that you don't get on the other. And what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
I see names on this forum that is on the other 2. And what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
I see advertisers on this site that is on the other 2 and what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
How many pyro clubs do you belong to? Some seem to think you can only be loyal to one club. WRONG - i belong to 5 pyro clubs - what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
BUT WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM - WE ARE ADDICTED TO FIREWORKS. the more info we can gleam from other compassionate enthusiasts like yourself - the better. What is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
GET THE POINT?!??!?
Ok - rant over. I am off my soapbox now.

thomask280
03-30-2015, 10:09 AM
4 days-39 minutes- 16 seconds

NWPA
03-30-2015, 11:00 AM
8 years, 7 months, 13 days. Hope I win.

jxarxes
03-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Kind of agree with westpa. All 3 sites are great - and all 3 are run differently. and what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
there is info that you can get from one that you don't get on the other. And what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
I see names on this forum that is on the other 2. And what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
I see advertisers on this site that is on the other 2 and what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
How many pyro clubs do you belong to? Some seem to think you can only be loyal to one club. WRONG - i belong to 5 pyro clubs - what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
BUT WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM - WE ARE ADDICTED TO FIREWORKS. the more info we can gleam from other compassionate enthusiasts like yourself - the better. What is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!
GET THE POINT?!??!?

I'm New over here but I mainly use pyrou and I agree with this statement by kneppy. Different sites , different things . I've learned a lot from pyrou and I'm looking forward to it coming back up , in fact I can't wait . there are certain things over there that I can't get here . for example I've bought a few firing systems, tubes, etc from the yard sale
And I've also sold some things over there . imho I love that feature . but you can't get that here . and that's fine . different site , different rrules. I watch a lot of Dave's videos , and I enjoy quite a few of them . so for me personally both sites provide a feature that I enjoy and I would like to continue enjoying them . I don't think anyone who loves this hobby should actively root for the shutting down of another site that also loves the hobby and wwho also has a wealth of information available. Doesn't seem right

matandch
03-30-2015, 03:56 PM
GET THE POINT?!??!?

Agreed. You go girl!

PGH_Pyro
03-30-2015, 05:42 PM
ego is the enemy of all that is good

wizard7611
03-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Oh man Dave, here we go with an argument. You might as well close it before it gets out of control.

snickels
03-30-2015, 07:14 PM
GET THE POINT?!??!?

Hey jknepp! Nice post. I hope to meet you at MAFF!

Dion
03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
GET THE POINT?!??!?

I have to agree Joyce! We all love Fireworks and that's what this is all about. People need to learn to get along and stop acting like little brats! Grow up people or find a new hobby because we need to stick together to keep this hobby around! If you want to bitch and gripe on someone or someone's let it be the ANTI-PYRO's. Otherwise you might as well put on a diaper and join them!!!!

Dion
03-30-2015, 09:21 PM
By the way Joyce, I look forward to seeing you in may at the CJ shoot.

displayfireworks1
03-30-2015, 09:31 PM
I want to up date this thread briefly, I have been approached by a banned member with a desire to respond to this thread. My response is any major rebuttals on this issue have to in the form of a video response. I need to see a face of someone that stands behind it all. When that response is ready I will play it here.
Somewhere in the next few days I plan to make a video myself to play on this thread, to summarize the events from 2007 to this date. I also want to review some plans for the future of pyrotalk.
Let me also state, I welcome former members of pyrouniverse to join pyrotalk and share the vision for the future of the pyrotechnic hobby. It may take short time for some to get used to some of the different rules, I promise to be lenient in this time of change. Please consider signing up.

countryboy7978
03-30-2015, 11:17 PM
I am and have been a member of pyrouniverse ever since it it was a yahoo message board. While I may not always agree with everyone there, the site has been a great place to chat with lots of like minded people. I have learned some things from pyro U and it's members but better than that I have made some life long friends there. I'm not sure how many people know me here at pyrotalk but I've been around fireworks a very long time for my age. I have attended group buys, 3 PGI conventions, HPAA shoots and other events, so many people know my face even though family and work obligations come before pyro making attending more events difficult. I am or have been a PGI Certified shooter, an IL DNR Lic holder, and a type 33 FEL holder. I know Class C very well as I grew up around it since I was a very young child, however I have learned so much by interacting with other fireworks enthusiasts like yourselves. I will not put down any site I have been a part of and will not encourage others to do that either. As a matter of fact I have taken some flak for joining this forum but I wanted to help out other pyros no matter where they are. I hope this will not turn into a shit show. The past is the past. People have their own feelings about one another and that's fine, but as long as we self regulate in an effort of keep the hobby healthy I'm all for it.

pyrohioman
03-31-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm sure we have all heard this a few times, Don't put all your eggs in one basket or don't burn any bridges. We are all big kids here and can judge for our self...not from what someone said or heard.

displayfireworks1
03-31-2015, 07:39 PM
It looks like the site is back up, still time to try to win $50.00, make your post when you believe the migration from pyrofan to pyrouniverse will occur.
When I made this video the site was down. Here is the unlisted video I said I would post. I will be waiting for the rebuttal video, if and when it arrives I will post it on this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wc81H82RR0
If there is no winner in 30 days, I will donate the $50.00 to the "Help A Pyro" fund. If you have not heard of the fund , here is a link to the PGI page.
http://www.pgi.org/membership/help-a-pyro.php
I still welcome fireworks enthusiast to join pyrotalk.com discussion forums.

Pyro@Mach13
03-31-2015, 08:47 PM
The U is run on a nice size dedicated server with a quality company. The hardware is not the issue. There are at most anytime 300-400 users online. There are 19 members and 117 guests online here right now, There are 355 users online - 104 members and 251 guests as of this moment as the U. That is a big difference in needs as far as DB power. There are three quarter of a million posts on the U: Threads - 47,865 / Posts 751,109 / Members 4,001 / Active Members 1,315. Here there are Threads 3,723 / Posts 28,357 / Members 1,663 Active Members 271. That is 40,000 more threads and 703,244 more posts! And over 1k more active users.

I have friends here and I have friends there and I have friends on Tony's board. There is no need for anyone to bash anyone. I for one wish it all would end.

The U simply needs some TLC, there is a yomen effort underway to find out what happened to the Captain of the Ship, he has not been online since June 2014.

The U also has a huge video and photograph section with many hundreds of videos.

displayfireworks1
03-31-2015, 09:07 PM
At Pyro@Mach13, I'm curious when get out of bed in the morning do you count how many steps it is from the bed to the kitchen? Or check the if the door is locked more than once or twice? LOL

PyroManiacs
03-31-2015, 10:30 PM
There are at most anytime 300-400 users online. There are 19 members and 117 guests online here right now, There are 355 users online - 104 members and 251 guests as of this moment as the U. That is a big difference in needs as far as DB power. There are three quarter of a million posts on the U: Threads - 47,865 / Posts 751,109 / Members 4,001 / Active Members 1,315. Here there are Threads 3,723 / Posts 28,357 / Members 1,663 Active Members 271. That is 40,000 more threads and 703,244 more posts! And over 1k more active users.

Don't know what your trying to accomplish with that post, nor am I sticking up for either side here... but you do realize the U has been around a lot longer, dont you?

If they were both around the same length of time... Im sure they would be pretty close in numbers.

Pyro@Mach13
03-31-2015, 10:53 PM
I was just saying that there is a huge difference in the hardware needed to run the U and here. The hardware is there to run it. It was questioned.

That is all, just a plan matter of fact truth of the matter post.

displayfireworks1
03-31-2015, 11:21 PM
Frank has OCD he likes counting stuff. Remember all numbers are not good numbers. We all could start blowing stuff up on YouTube and get more numbers but they are not necessarily valuable numbers. They resuscitate the beast so to speak, its a way for them to feel their efforts were worth while. The question is what value does it have toward the future of the hobby as the fireworks season approaches. I doubt the members will want to continue to pay a monthly fee to maintain their membership, is their any advertising value left? The question is what is left? It is going to go into the bleeding money phase next. If someone wants to turn it around it is out pure stubbornness.
On a positive note I am ready to run full speed ahead and get ready for the fireworks demo nights in April.

displayfireworks1
04-04-2015, 09:37 PM
We are only six days into a 30 day contest, do not miss your chance to win $50.00. When in the next 24 days will the great migration from pyrofan cross the ocean and return to pyrouniverse. You still have time to make your prediction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRyvfA2h5s&feature=youtu.be
If no winner is selected at the end of 30 days, the $50.00 will be sent to the "Help a Pyro" fund.

ras1986
04-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Ha ha ha that is awesome!!!! Love it!!!

Pyro@Mach13
04-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Okie dokie, some more numbers, since the proclaimed death of the U and my posting of the numbers the other day, there has been some interesting stats revealed. haha

On the proclaimed dead U in that time frame there have been 37 more threads started on the dead U vrs here and 681 more posts created on the dead u than here.

Just some interesting numbers.... yes Dave I like numbers, been a treasurer and purchasing manager for 25 plus years. Just numbers that is all, right? 8-)

Pyro@Mach13
04-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Oh and yes I do check the lock on the door a couple times a night! hahahaha (my wife told me to say this on... haha)

displayfireworks1
04-06-2015, 12:04 AM
What is you prediction Frank for the next 24 days? Tell your wife thanks for confirmation of my assessment. LOL

Northern Sky
04-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Just for clarification, how will this be measured?

displayfireworks1
04-06-2015, 10:09 PM
That is a good question, because it will most likely follow a predictable path. for example the usually response to such a thing would be to try to both for period of time until eventually one is chosen. That is why I added in it will be up to the pyrotalk members to decide who the winner will be. I am open to suggestions. I was just thinking since Frank is so good at counting the analytics, maybe he should be the one to choose the winner. LOL We need people to at least make a guess when it will occur to make this interesting. What is your opinion on this? I am predicting the migration will be before the 30 day period and a thank you for your hospitality letter will be in the works.

Pyro@Mach13
04-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I think many that went to Tony's board will stay there. There is room for multi Fireworks forums. Hows that saying go? Different strokes for different folks!

Sure I will pick a winner. I pick a tie for 1st - Joyce and Dane! 8-)

Northern Sky
04-06-2015, 10:19 PM
My vote is to make the donation to the PGI.

displayfireworks1
04-06-2015, 10:34 PM
I am off line for tonight and most of tomorrow. Someone start a poll with two choices and I will honor the results.

Here are the questions
1. The pyrotalk $50.00 contest should continue until the end of 30days and a winner selected
2. The pyrotalk $50.00 contest should end and the money sent to "Help a Pyro"

If someone has the energy to set a poll please do. I am headed to bed. We will give a few days to see how it goes.

Westpapyro
04-06-2015, 11:57 PM
I think many that went to Tony's board will stay there. There is room for multi Fireworks forums. Hows that saying go? Different strokes for different folks!

Sure I will pick a winner. I pick a tie for 1st - Joyce and Dane! 8-)
Hello! Give it to PGI as requested early on!

jknepp1954
04-07-2015, 07:11 AM
I don't want it. And if by some freak accident i did win - just go ahead and donate it to "Help a Pyro"

NWPA
04-07-2015, 01:09 PM
I say donate it and be done with it.

Rocketshooter
04-07-2015, 01:51 PM
I say would Dave, you've made your point, take the higher road. End the contest now and send the $50 to the help a pyro fund.

matandch
04-07-2015, 01:53 PM
I say would Dave, you've made your point, take the higher road. End the contest now and send the $50 to the help a pyro fund.

Hear, hear!

Northern Sky
04-07-2015, 06:06 PM
It looks like Pyro Fan is stronger than ever.

Knightmare
04-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Pyrouniverse ALWAYS sucked even from it's very beginnings.

PGH_Pyro
04-08-2015, 04:21 PM
on any forum site like P.U. or from any other common-interest topic kind of site, there seems always to be a handful of self-important righteously-indignant types who don't hesitate to spew venom / hate / disapproval of other people/members.
i try hard to look around it .

Pyro@Mach13
04-09-2015, 01:07 AM

on any forum site like P.U. or from any other common-interest topic kind of site, there seems always to be a handful of self-important righteously-indignant types who don't hesitate to spew venom / hate / disapproval of other people/members.
i try hard to look around it .

You mean just like you two just did here, interesting.

Knightmare
04-09-2015, 02:07 AM
You mean just like you two just did here, interesting.

What is your problem? What I typed is the truth.

Did you read the threads David dealt with when starting this website? We could take a trip down memory lane if you would like.

Pyro@Mach13
04-09-2015, 08:12 AM
What is your problem? What I typed is the truth.

Did you read the threads David dealt with when starting this website? We could take a trip down memory lane if you would like.
'
You did not type the truth! Far from it.

Knightmare
04-09-2015, 12:45 PM
You did not type the truth! Far from it.

Again ask David about that place.

Pyro@Mach13
04-09-2015, 01:36 PM
redacted..

Pyro@Mach13
04-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Hey Aric... i see you still like to play the victim card...

Knightmare
04-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Hey Aric... i see you still like to play the victim card...My name is not Aric.

TNtwister
04-10-2015, 12:22 PM

That's a ridiculous statement. I have met and shot with literally...100s of people from that forum.

There were, and kinda still are, a handful of elitist assholes that I could live without, but that's just it...I live without them and hang with the better ones which greatly outnumber them. I also shoot with a ton of people that hardly ever post there, but that is our congregational space and it's a pretty damn good one at that.

I think it is a really bad idea to throw 1000s of babies out with the bathwater. Offering a reward predicting the demise of something so important to so may people...many of whom know nothing of, or don't care about the issues between Dave and their Hierarchy over there, is not going to net any new ads or members I can assure you. The site owner got sick..or tired of it and it lost his attention, nothing more.

The guy who appears to be assuming the role of Admin now is a hell of a nice guy and deserves the support of the members there.

Knightmare
04-10-2015, 03:29 PM
That's a ridiculous statement. I have met and shot with literally 100s of people from that forum.

Not everyone there is bad people.

There were many good times as well as bad times.

There were, and kinda still are, a handful of elitist assholes that I could live without, but that's just it. I live without them and hang with the better ones which greatly outnumber them.

Okay this was all I was saying here. Others have echoed these words also. David himself mentioned these things about drama and hatred there. Nobody is playing a victim here we're just stating facts. I really wish I hadn't typed anything here.

I think it is a really bad idea to throw 1000s of babies out with the bathwater.

Okay sorry I made a mistake. Can we just get along now? Please let's end this here guys.

Offering a reward predicting the demise of something so important to so many people.

David can do whatever he pleases on his own website. There is nothing malicious behind his post right?

The guy who appears to be assuming the role of Admin now is a hell of a nice guy and deserves the support of the members there.

You know what is really sad? If everyone met and had some beers everything would blow over like a cool summer breeze. Everyone would finally realize something so very important. How short life is and how stupid these things are in the grand scheme of things everywhere. I wish this would just stop. Life is too short.

displayfireworks1
04-10-2015, 05:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Rf7ef7aAA

NWPA
04-10-2015, 06:10 PM
It's over. Now we can get back to broadening our knowledge. Thank you David.

displayfireworks1
04-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Just for those that had their doubts..
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/wp-content/gallery/united-states-pennsylvania/img044-5741f70ff11cf058884ea663dd436a27d996ed32.jpg
http://www.pgi.org/membership/help-a-pyro.php

Northern Sky
04-20-2015, 07:32 PM
I like it.

Way to support the cause.

displayfireworks1
04-20-2015, 07:39 PM
If I remember the program correctly, they will not identify the person they are helping. It is kept anonymous to some degree.
I was looking for the website for the Fireworks Foundation the other day and could not seem to find it. Anyone have any information on it?

Minishow
04-24-2015, 01:10 PM
If I remember the program correctly, they will not identify the person they are helping. It is kept anonymous to some degree.
I was looking for the website for the Fireworks Foundation the other day and could not seem to find it. Anyone have any information on it?

News letter from Dave Stoddard

"Most of you have heard about the Fireworks Foundation, but
for those of you that have not, the Foundation is an independent
trust that was established a dozen years or so ago to ensure
the PGI could continue in perpetuity. The Foundation also
provides seed funding for clubs, support for legislative
efforts, and support for the hobby fireworks related activities.

The Fireworks Foundation web site was run by Danny Clark for
many years. Danny did this so he could advertise his glow in
the dark paint business at the bottom of the Foundation web pages.
Unfortunately, the domain name came up for renewal last December
and Danny did not renew it (or let anyone know it was up for
renewal). As a result, the domain name, fireworksfoundation.org,
expired and was subsequently acquired by a scammer that sells
e-cigarettes.

While the foundation lost its domain name, the Foundation was
able to register fireworksfoundation.com and fireworksfoundation.net,
and build a replacement website last night. Unfortunately, there
are hundreds of sites on the Internet that have links to the
Fireworks Foundation that are now pointing to the old invalid
web site address.

Collectively, we need to work together to fix this. If you are
on a fireworks forum, a fireworks email list, or you manage or
work on a website that provides support for fireworks, we need
to get the word out that the website address for the Fireworks
Foundation has changed. Here is the new address:

http://fireworksfoundation.com/

Please spread the word so people do not think the Foundation
has gone away, and if we can find a way to correct some of the
links that are on external sites, that would be awesome. Thanks.
Best,

Dave Stoddard "