PDA

View Full Version : type 54. what up!!

ras1986
03-20-2015, 01:43 PM
ATF called today..... yep he's coming out Thursday! !!!

displayfireworks1
03-20-2015, 02:55 PM
You go ahead and get that license and the ATF can search your house anytime they want. (pause) LOL I just could not resist saying that LOL. Its an inside joke.
If they are setting up the interview the decision to give you the license has most likely already been made. Remember it is not like a job interview where you have to prove you deserve to have it. While they call it an interview it is more like an educational event. You really do not have to know anything, just be receptive to what he is going to teach you. I just heard from a person in New York State that received his license, so this is good news I like to hear. Keep us posted.

CTPYRO
03-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Good luck on the meeting. Like Dave said it's educational. He/she will go over the orange book... there's a check off list that they go over. Also the record keeping which is important to keep accurate.

ras1986
03-20-2015, 07:29 PM
He was weird about it. Lol he was like why do you want this.... aparently there isn't many in south east texas... plus I got him to ok my magazine. I was worried about my hasp being exposed but he said that is fine. Seems like a cool guy. He just gave me the impression that he wasn't at ease with me getting this license because there aren't many around.

displayfireworks1
03-20-2015, 07:59 PM
I can not remember if I posted the ATF Fireworks license holders by county for the state of Texas or not. There were 32 license holders in 2012. My guess is there is still less then 40. That number is very low for such a large state. They are just not used to people applying.

ras1986
03-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Yea. Texas pretty much has no laws on fireworks so people usually do not want to go bigger and better into the 1.3. This all started me wanting thunderkings. I found dave... THE thunderking.... figured out what i needed to do to buy salutes and here i am

CTPYRO
03-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Keep in mind that the ATF will probably ask you where you plan in discharging product. Thankfully for me the NHPA has permitted club shoots where we can shoot anything and everything.. lol