PDA

View Full Version : Possibly moving in near future to N.C.

chriskrc
03-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Well there's a little story behind this and I don't know if it will happen for sure but I may have finally got the idea to move out of N.Y. more into my wife's mind.
Okay so the story starts like so. I have been looking to move for quite some time and just over a month ago my wife's grandmother passed away. Well her aunt is one who also has been seriously looking to move. So in talking and seeing her aunt and speaking of other things in conversations the thought has stuck more in her mind.
I do however have a requirement from her is a house on a lake and she may be good to go. So to all my pyro friends from N.C. I need some input. One I have read the fireworks laws but a little clarification and insight on them would be great and helpful. Two how is the housing and job market there? Three what's a great place to live near a lake? I am truly starting to look as much and heavy as I can. Thank you for all help.

jknepp1954
03-10-2015, 07:23 PM
well at least you can have fountains there - better than NY in that way. AND WARMER!!! in the winter! LOL

chriskrc
03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Yes it will be nice to not have the extreme cold for so long, however it's still a big if if it it happens.

Zach27
03-27-2015, 10:58 PM
I have written a bill that has been introduced in the North Carolina General Assembly that legalizes the full line of 1.4G Pyrotechnics. Currently here in NC we are limited to fountains ( not over 200 grams) and sparklers, snaps, snake, glow worms and trick noisemakers.

Anything that spins, explodes or becomes airborne is currently prohibited but the law is routinely ignored while North Carolinians venture to South Carolina to purchase consumer fireworks and bring them back here to use. I have spoken with many police officers and they could care less if people use consumer fireworks as long as safety is in mind.