PDA

View Full Version : Picking up product for someone else?

Pyro k
02-23-2015, 08:57 PM
I was asked by a fellow club member to pick up a case of shells from a demo, since he is unable to go. Since I'm a newbie at all this paperwork, what's the catch? I don't even know if I can do this?

Northern Sky
02-23-2015, 09:01 PM
if you are picking up 1.3 there are some hoops to jump through.

Pyro k
02-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Is it legal?

displayfireworks1
02-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Most 1.3 distributors require a "Employee Possessor" listed on your ATF license to pick up the product you order if you can not drive there yourself. In addition they need a signed release from you. If you transfer 1.3 product from one ATF license holder to another, there is a way to do that. There also is a way for one ATF license holder to sell product to another ATF license holder if he has excess product. If you are new I this I would suggest he just pick his own product up, if you really want to do it check with the distributor and they will have you complete the required documents.
1.3 product can move from one ATF license holder to another, you just need the proper paper trail for each step. This all assumes the person you are talking about is a ATF fireworks license holder.

Pyro k
02-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Thanks Dave, yes the member is a licensed individual! Great answer you killed 2 birds with 1 stone lol.

jknepp1954
02-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Most 1.3 distributors require a "Employee Possessor" listed on your ATF license to pick up the product you order if you can not drive there yourself. In addition they need a signed release from you. If you transfer 1.3 product from one ATF license holder to another, there is a way to do that. There also is a way for one ATF license holder to sell product to another ATF license holder if he has excess product. If you are new I this I would suggest he just pick his own product up, if you really want to do it check with the distributor and they will have you complete the required documents.
1.3 product can move from one ATF license holder to another, you just need the proper paper trail for each step. This all assumes the person you are talking about is a ATF fireworks license holder.
nOT SURE ABOUT THAT DEAL. I did that one time and caught royal heck with ATF, as they MUST have a DEALERS or IMPORTERS license.
If I am wrong - please someone set me straight - as that is how it was not too many years back....

Jake-Pa
02-25-2015, 01:03 AM
nOT SURE ABOUT THAT DEAL. I did that one time and caught royal heck with ATF, as they MUST have a DEALERS or IMPORTERS license.
If I am wrong - please someone set me straight - as that is how it was not too many years back....

The guy that came yesterday for my interview said that if you have surplus your able to sell it but he didn't go into detail.

Pyro k
02-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Man, do i need a magazine!

jknepp1954
02-25-2015, 02:02 PM
The guy that came yesterday for my interview said that if you have surplus your able to sell it but he didn't go into detail.
In this day and age of bull crap - i would find out from him what he meant by that...put it into print on the AFT letter head with his name signed onto it...
Am I going overboard on this? Don't think so - just don't trust the feds say so unless in print. Had too many times they tell me one thing and then a year or 2 later - tell me the exact opposite - or they say " I never said that"

Fire Art
02-25-2015, 11:55 PM
And always be careful what you say and how you say it. You don't ever want something you say to be misconstrued.