PDA

View Full Version : Firing System

Jake-Pa
02-02-2015, 11:24 AM
I just found this firing system on ebay, the gentleman states that he makes them as a hobby during the winter. They look very professional, what do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-cues-wireless-fireworks-firing-system-1000-ft-RF-remote-rechargable-battery-/251814306327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa14d6217

mguerra
02-02-2015, 12:55 PM
It is not much more expensive than a cheap chinese 12 cue that uses AA batteries. This is USA handmade with a 12 volt sealed lead acid battery, volt meter, 15 cues and packed in a nice case. It looks like a STEAL! If I didn't already have enough systems I would get one just to see how it worked out. Please buy it and report back!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
02-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I have two of the 12 channel Chinese boards just like the 15 channel he is using in this system. They work very well and I have had very good results with them. I used a "rubber ducky" antenna on mine--never had an issue with signal strength.
I did try to get some detailed info from the factory on the board--it is supposed to be able to be re-programmable if you want to shift operating channels so two systems would give you double the number of cues--but they could not supply me with any info on how to change the programming. Not a big deal since I used both as mirror image setups. Now I use my buddys Cobra system since he has two dozen modules. I still use these hooked up to "filler stuff" for my show in the event something doesn't fire when it is supposed to.
The main circuit board is very reasonable if you ever happened to fry any of the relays.
Here is a link to the company that carries the boards:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/15ch-rf-wireless-remote-control-transmitter-and-receiver.html
Like mguerra said above, it IS a steal at that price considering the parts & time to put it together.

PyroManiacs
02-02-2015, 08:19 PM
I wonder if this guy will have these available contiuously.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-03-2015, 10:04 AM
I wonder if this guy will have these available contiuously.

He said in the ebay ad he did it as a hobby for something to do in the wintertime--message him on the ebay "ask seller a question" & ask him....and invite him to join the PyroTalk Forum!!! :-)
One thing you might want to find out is if he has the info to program them to sync together or to run separately: On mine they are sync'd & one remote fires ch 1 on each unit at the same time [which is what I want them to do]. But if you wanted to have 1-15 & 16-30 they would have to be on different frequencies.

PyroManiacs
02-03-2015, 05:56 PM
--message him on the ebay "ask seller a question" & ask him....and invite him to join the PyroTalk Forum!!! :-)
One thing you might want to find out is if he has the info to program them to sync together or to run separately:

Done, done... and done! :)

Westpapyro
02-04-2015, 02:32 AM
Is this Jake, Jake from Pa, Brian's friend Jake, the Jake that made those beautiful 8" shells?
I'm now guessing not, sorry.
I think he's a Cobra shooter?
Welcome to the Forum. I'm not to far away, maybe we'll meet somewhere like Kellners?
Chuck

Jake-Pa
02-05-2015, 12:03 AM
I'm Jake and i'm from Pa but not Brian's friend lol, and i'll be at Kellner's demo nights and probably one of the shooter courses so if your there at some point i'm sure i'll see you

displayfireworks1
02-05-2015, 02:23 AM
I am curious about the system. I sent the eBay seller an email and ask him if he would send it to me for video review after I introduced myself. I told him I would mail it back when done. He responded back what assurance does he have I will return it. That was he only response. When a trust issue becomes the first and only response. Its work to go past that. I will just move on.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-05-2015, 10:13 AM
I am curious about the system. I sent the eBay seller an email and ask him if he would send it to me for video review after I introduced myself. I told him I would mail it back when done. He responded back what assurance does he have I will return it. That was he only response. When a trust issue becomes the first and only response. Its work to go past that. I will just move on.
That is unfortunate for him. He lost the opportunity for a lot of you tube exposure & promotion of his system by not simply doing some research into who you were. His loss by not having it reviewed! Like you said, Dave, time to move on.

displayfireworks1
02-05-2015, 03:32 PM
I changed my mind and sent him another email, I will let you know how he responds. I see now at least two people are bidding to purchase the one unit.
My initially thoughts are it is just a novelty product.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/70EAAOSw0e9Ut0jp/$_57.JPG

PyroJoeNEPA
02-05-2015, 06:43 PM
I bought those circuit boards at least three years ago and know a couple people that built small firing systems with them. One of them is a fellow in NY that uses his to fire ground charges for simulated bombing run air strikes at an air show he works at. He is still using it!
The only thing I see that I would critique on this unit is that he used small round head wood screws to fasten the speaker terminals to the face plate which is wood. I would suggest machine screws with lock washers & nuts so the terminals don't get ripped out over time. That would be a simple "fix". Other
than that, it looks nice for a "home brew" project.

displayfireworks1
02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
To let everyone know I purchased one and should be receiving it soon. It may be a great project to discuss for it the do it yourselfer. I will have to figure out what the shot clock and programmer button does.

Jake-Pa
02-05-2015, 07:46 PM
I'm getting one as well

tarkus4
02-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Dave I don't believe that is a shot clock, it's a volt meter. The program button is for programming more than one unit to a single remote.

displayfireworks1
02-05-2015, 11:31 PM
At tarkus4, if anyone would know it would be you. LOL For those that do not know tarkus4 is the guy in my Collier videos with the homemade system.

PyroManiacs
02-05-2015, 11:53 PM
I actually got a nice response from the gentleman.

"These boxes I built are just for a guy that has a little backyard show. These are built by me, not in China. My own show started out with about 24 items so I had a 12 cue wireless system I got from china and my son had a 10 channel wired system. We had a switch box we had to work to get our extra cues. I had had battery problems with my other system so I just started building me another box with good battery and volt meter. To get the parts I had to buy more than I needed to build one box so I made two more. Couldn't play golf so just started making these boxes. My wife thought I should sell some before I make anymore. I really like the 15 channel, but the guts cost twice as much and it's 433 mhz whereas the 12 channel is 315 mhz. I found you can still run three or four of the 12 channel without a problem of one remote setting off another box. I like the case because it looks like a tool of camera case. I think I been to that pyro site, I build some of my own stuff. I also teach a workshop at PGI convention. Buy my box, you'll really like it. check my feedback."

mguerra
02-06-2015, 12:31 PM
I sent him a note through ebay inviting him to join us here at this thread.

mguerra
02-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Here is what the gentleman replied to me:
"Dear mguerra73ii,

Thanks I checked out that site. Since you post to that site, I could answer a couple questions and you can post for me. Prog button is to sync remote to box. You could have two of these boxes and they would not TALK to each other because of what they call ROLLING CODE. Kind of like a garage door opener. Most openers work on same frequency, but mine won't open yours and yours won't open mine. You might get them to work togeather if you just kept PROGRAMING one box. I probably won't make anymore til next winter, but if someone wanted one I might make one for them."

- tincan39

PyroManiacs
02-07-2015, 03:29 PM
This is a prime opportunity for him to sell some of these, but he is just not taking the initiative.

He could of actually done something more with this venture of his.

PGH_Pyro
02-07-2015, 07:08 PM
it reminds me of the old tv show "get smart" for some reason .
:cool:

displayfireworks1
02-08-2015, 09:32 PM
The market is not in selling complete units, the actually market is in selling kits for you to build your own. Sort of a hobbyist project. The one I purchased from him is scheduled to arrive 02/10/2015. The plan will be for me to make a full video. Not sure when that will occur. I may try to post a "First Look" video in unlisted form on the discussion forums for our review in the next few days after I receive it.

displayfireworks1
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Here it is, arrived today,video is unlisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jwq6ZbK8JE

Northern Sky
02-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Hello neighbor. I'm just up the road in Erie PA. I drive and cycle through Oil City regularly. Would love to get together sometime when it warms up if you want to. There is a lot going on around you if you are interested in that kind of thing as westpa mentioned.

ras1986
02-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Very primative for sure... nice setup.. wrong materials. Dave that's not a buss bar. Each of those black squares is a relay. Every 3 screws on the green bar are 3 different connections. Common. N.O. N.C. I'm building a 128 que firing system at the moment....... the remote is as small as the one in the video. Its New And I've Never Sen Anything Like Mine On The Market So I THINK I may patent it. I dunno. Dave...... you will get my first prototype for testing... lol as long asI can get it back

PyroJoeNEPA
02-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey Dave--like ras1986 said, the green bars are the relay output connections..same as on the 12 channel circuit boards I used. I have hundreds of those speaker terminals. I can send you a couple so you can repair the bad one & have a few spares. All you need is a low heat pencil style [25 watt] soldering iron.
If you are not able to do that, I can do it on site for you next time I see you...or maybe there is someone there that can solder it for you.
Also, you will notice on the firing--since the unit uses relays it is better if you hold the button down on the cue you are using for a second or so. Not an issue so much with ematches, but would be with Talons or other ignitors.

mguerra
02-10-2015, 10:55 AM
I had a speaker terminal clip pop out, with its spring, on an MS 12Q, like you showed there. It was easy to pop it back in place. If there is actually a broken part, as you indicate, you may not be able to pop it back in.

boom23
02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
I'm also a neighbor. Live just eight miles down the road in Franklin.. I shoot with a Cobra 5 mods an Audio Box and some slats.. I also have some other firing systems.. I have a show at my place every 4th. U should bring your system to my show and we can add it in..

boom23
02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm also a neighbor. Live just eight miles down the road in Franklin.. I shoot with a Cobra 5 mods an Audio Box and some slats.. I also have some other firing systems.. I have a show at my place every 4th. U should bring your system to my show and we can add it in..

Sorry miss print. I only have 3 mods..

displayfireworks1
02-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks for you comments and offers of help everyone. I sent the builder an email, he said he would sent me a replacement part. He also admitted he had a break issue with some of them. The black clip is broke. Of course now this system becomes one of my many other things that need done or fixed around the house. At Pyrojoe , if I do not fix by the time of Kellners demo I will bring it then. Its a little frustrating but I will give it a try.

Jake-Pa
02-11-2015, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=boom23;27925]I'm also a neighbor. Live just eight miles down the road in Franklin.. I shoot with a Cobra 5 mods an Audio Box and some slats.. I also have some other firing systems.. I have a show at my place every 4th. U should bring your system to my show and we can add it in..[/QUOTE
I actually live in Dempseytown just easier to say Oil City. That sounds great! Right now theres only one other gentleman that i shoot with and i'd love to start shooting with more people around herel

Jake-Pa
02-11-2015, 12:08 AM

Sounds great! I've never put on a show with anybody else before and i should have my type 54 for the 4th this year

Westpapyro
02-11-2015, 12:34 AM
I actually live in Dempseytown just easier to say Oil City. That sounds great! Right now theres only one other gentleman that i shoot with and i'd love to start shooting with more people around here"
If your shooting on a day other than the fourth, send an invite, have Cobra mods and will travel!

Northern Sky
02-11-2015, 10:41 AM
There are several shooters in your area if you are interested in meeting them.

boom23
02-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Small world Jake-Pa.. I actually live in Galloway. My driveway spans between Cherrytree road and Route 417. U can see my place from Route 417. I have my Type 54 also. I'm heading over to WFBOOM and get the 40% discount by the end of the month. If you want a case or two let me know I'll add it on the list so u can get 40% off..

displayfireworks1
03-24-2015, 10:59 AM
This firing system I purchased from him is still sitting on my table needing repair. LOL I just have to find the time.
I see our friend has at least two more of these for sale on ebay. I also noticed he is improving things moving the voltmeter to the outside of the case so it is visible when the case is closed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-cues-wireless-fireworks-firing-system-1000-ft-RF-remote-rechargable-battery-/251884075387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa575f97b

displayfireworks1
05-02-2015, 08:55 PM
I finally got around to running a simple test of the system, here is the video. My impression is it seems to work well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuqETmEPNQ

tarkus4
05-03-2015, 09:23 PM
One thing that should be added to that system is a keyed switch. It would add a significant amount of safety to the system.

winterportpyro
05-14-2015, 09:14 AM
I believe Dave has done a video demo on this system and has it posted