PDA

View Full Version : wedding in MAY help needed

hatsgoods
01-22-2015, 02:12 AM
this will be my mother's wedding and im looking for some one to lend a hand. first off i will say it will be volunteer due to is a non commerce. the show will be small at 7 mins long tops. if you have a NJ blasters license that's even better. i prefer hand lit but for this show that's my last ditch effort due to location.this will also be my first show on my own with my 54. the location is not set yet and so is the date and time. she is thinking of backing off on the fireworks due to finance but i figure ill try to plan just in case she does go with the fireworks. i would love to use the cobra but no money for that i do have a 6x2 12cue system. if it ends up being in pa not a prob for me. at this point from the closet supplier to me cost are high. for the 6min planed show with a 2min show in the box and a 3min show in the box is 363 plus pa sales tax on top of that. for more inf please feel free to comment or shoot me a message. thanks in advance ohh yea then there's the 350$ permit fee so total is 713$ and i know i can get them cheaper but they are the only ones with in 100 miles of me they are like the phantom of the 1.3 world here on the east cost. if you know the company please keep it to your self.

pyromaniac
01-22-2015, 12:09 PM
I would definitely use 1.4g before those crappy shows in a box. Instead of only lighting two 1.3g cakes, utilize your firing system and multiplies of consumer cakes. I know getting your 54 makes you want to go the other route. But with such a small budget and lack of mortars, it's a no-brainer! Good luck with the shoot tho, either way you go.

hatsgoods
01-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Even with a 54 I can't have 1'4 items. I can only have 1'4stuff. It's the state law for nj

PyroManiacs
01-22-2015, 06:57 PM
In certain parts of NJ, they do allow 1.4G. Which parts you ask? Good luck trying to acquire any information. Im sure "they" will not be helpful.

CTPYRO
01-22-2015, 07:38 PM
The 54 only allows you to obtain/store 1.3.... shooting it esp in NJ would require much more legally... I'm jealous of my PA buddies

hatsgoods
01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
The 54 only allows you to obtain/store 1.3.... shooting it esp in NJ would require much more legally... I'm jealous of my PA buddies
yes jeresy is so hard to deal with just the permits alone

PyroJoeNEPA
01-23-2015, 09:45 AM

We are VERY fortunate here in PA--not only with the laws allowing us to get permits to shoot [both 1.4 & 1.3] but also with all the great vendors we have in this state & the pyro clubs here as well!...and PA is the home of Pyro Talk!

CTPYRO
01-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Yea PA is a great place to shoot. I'm fortunate to have some friends in Eastern PA that have plenty of land to shoot other then the NHPA club shoots

pyrotech5
01-23-2015, 06:40 PM
You can PM me for the name of a 1.3 vendor in Vineland, NJ

PyroManiacs
01-23-2015, 08:20 PM
As far as I KNOW.... there are NO 1.3 vendors in Vineland.

Westpapyro
01-23-2015, 08:47 PM
We are VERY fortunate here in PA--not only with the laws allowing us to get permits to shoot [both 1.4 & 1.3] but also with all the great vendors we have in this state & the pyro clubs here as well!...and PA is the home of Pyro Talk!

+ 1 to Pa...

wizard7611
01-24-2015, 07:19 PM
$350 permit fee? It's only $10 here.

displayfireworks1
01-24-2015, 09:10 PM
If I lived in New Jersey I bet I would find a way to shoot some fireworks somewhere. Many of these state laws are for professional display companies that are shooting for profit. Shooting fireworks for your own enjoyment on a private piece of property not for profit and if you hold a ATF license is something different. If as you say someone is getting married and you want to shoot outside of a church, that resembles a for profit display. Shooting fireworks at a private party on a farm or large private piece of property is less likely to get noticed.
I know someone that is also in the fireworks business when he travels to visit relative or friends in other states will call 911 just before he shoots fireworks off and will say something along the lines of he is an ATF license holder and he will be shooting off some fireworks so if anyone calls to report something you will know it is me. He told me this has worked every time for him. The only time he had a problem was when he was visiting relatives that lived in the area of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting, the police suggested he not shoot the fireworks.

PGH_Pyro
01-24-2015, 11:02 PM
you can be considered to be in commerce if you even eat a hot dog that they give you is how ive heard it goes