PDA

View Full Version : multiple usernames on pyrotalk

displayfireworks1
01-11-2015, 04:29 PM
A reminder only one registration and username is permitted on pyrotalk discussion forums. I am still finding people using more than one username and commenting using both names. The majority of the time I find this it is to deceive others or try to play all ends of an issue. Many times the account will be used to send private messages to others. You do not have to try to hard to figure what website this is all coming from.
So everyone knows the administrative function of the website software allows me to run your ip address and check for duplicate registrations. I may occasionally run a registration through this process for various reasons. If I find a member has two to four usernames and they are commenting with both over a year time frame, what credibility does that give them? Unless someone has a reason for this I have to ban these accounts. Many newly ATF licensed people come to pyrotalk to report they received their fireworks license or want to report a display they are working on etc. Are these bogus accounts being used to send private messages to deter these people? I have received reports of this. On the surface it may look like I am closing user accounts for little reason because I do not go into detail about what is going on behind the scene. It is the same story as it was 5 years ago, there are about 20 people that are determined to stop me, stop my videos and stop my efforts to promote fireworks enthusiast obtain their ATF license. One day when you go to PGI convention and only see 20 people there, you will know how it happened.
If any member accidentally has two user accounts because you forgot your password or other legitimate reason I understand and will help you through this, just tell me. If you are reading this and do not want to sign up for pyrotalk because of pressure from a group of people. I would suggest you make an independent decision for yourself if you really want to be associated with all of that twisted behavior and philosophy. I welcome everyone to pyrotalk forums, all you have to do is follow a few simple rules.

PyroManiacs
01-11-2015, 04:50 PM
I dont understand how people can feel pressured from this "group" of people.

If you want to buy 1.3G, get your license and do it... nobody can stop you!

NWPA
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
I have been a member of Pyro Talk almost a year and never heard of this "group" before. Have I missed something? Multiple accounts? Sounds sinister, someone clue me in.

Chubbles
07-26-2020, 03:49 AM
I'm back after a few months. I had to reset my password, but couldn't answer the reset question. You don't have to be a member to know it. It's not listed on the site. It's kind of an IQ test. (You have to be smart enough to use Google).

I was tempted to create a second account.

displayfireworks1
07-26-2020, 08:38 AM
Wow that is my post from January 2015. I am glad to see members using the search functions of the forums. It is interesting for me to read it 5 years later. In the message I see I reference the preceding 5 year before that. Now, I only see problems occasionally on my YouTube channel. I made a decision recently to bring more of my YouTube audience onto the forums so those that want to advance can participate. During this time of year I also try to ease up on the rules a little more, particularly with new members coming in. The goals are the same to continue to advance the fireworks hobby, ATF license, firing systems , CDL's , work for display companies , buy more fireworks, find more reasons to use fireworks, teach , learn etc. That all happens with support from people in the business and on the forums here by the members sharing their knowledge. It allows me to continue this website and social media platform.
I'm going to close this thread before it goes in another direction. If anyone forgets their password email me at pyrotalk@gmail and give me your username and use the same email you registered with so I know it is you. I can not see anyone's password , I can assign you a new one to get you back into your account. Then you can make it whatever you want. I had a problem with spammers registering on the forums so I had to make it a little tougher .
For those out there in the fireworks or fireworks related business and want to be part of pyrotalk , please send me a confidential email to my business contact information listed here.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/contact.php