PDA

View Full Version : Names of effects of fireworks

Melp
01-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Now that I have my atf license and my cobra I really want to design my display that includes building speciality racks that I would need. Over the years I have shot alot of ball shells and canister shell but never really looked at the names or what they would do. One of my favorite effects I like I believe are mines you have 5 of them and they shoot all at the same time. Here is a display I would love to be able to use some of the effects I just don't know the names of them. FWsim - Christmas Fireworks show 2014 - TSO,Nutrocker by GALAXY FIREWORKS. I looked back at Daves videos and the one where he shows a bunch of racks that were aluminum and I think were for 1in mines you could slide them back and forth to where ever you needed them. I wish I could post a picture of each effect I would like the names to but Im not that computer smart. My daughters say I only know how to watch fireworks videos and read pryotalk! If anyone has a little bit of time and could post some pics and then the name of the effect that would be awesome. I know I cant afford the display I listed above but it would be fun to try. Thanks in advance:p

pyroma
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Melp......"Mines" and "comets", sometimes referred as "fronts" during set up. You can purchase single shot mines and comets and build specialty reusable angles racks, and/or purchase "slices".......\\\lll///. Search: Comets Mines Slices. Hope this helps.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Melp--you are referring to "one shots" ---mines & comets like pyroma said above. Go to http://www.wikifireworks.com/ [one of Dave's sponsors]. They have almost every effect you could imagine listed there. Dominator & Spirit of 76 both have very nice one shots. Look under the 1.4g pro listing.

Melp
01-09-2015, 07:04 PM
I have been to wikifireworks.com and spent a lot of time there The problem is I dont know the names of the things I am looking for. I like the term "fronts" that fits the things that I am trying to Make, having the mines go off \\l// with canister shells going off above them. I think the mines are a skinny straight line of color going up. If you were able to google the video they had a bunch of of yellow or gold going off with little blue shots just above it. The yellows were shot in groups of five but when it went off it created a half circle of yellow. The yellow wasn't a skinny line it was more like a funnel of yellow sparks\/ _\l/_ I am lucky because I am able to build anything I need I just need to know what it is I need to build for. I have also hinted to my wife that I need two more cobra modules. I think I like the Front effects the best out of all the fireworks because it shows that someone took alot of time to build the sets and design their show. My daughter has promised me to look at the site to show me how to post pictures of the things I want to know.

Melp
01-09-2015, 07:20 PM
I have been to wikifireworks.com and spent a lot of time there The problem is I dont know the names of the things I am looking for. I like the term "fronts" that fits the things that I am trying to Make, having the mines go off \\l// with canister shells going off above them. I think the mines are a skinny straight line of color going up. If you were able to google the video they had a bunch of of yellow or gold going off with little blue shots just above it. The yellows were shot in groups of five but when it went off it created a half circle of yellow. The yellow wasn't a skinny line it was more like a funnel of yellow sparks\/ _\l/_ I am lucky because I am able to build anything I need I just need to know what it is I need to build for. I have also hinted to my wife that I need two more cobra modules. I think I like the Front effects the best out of all the fireworks because it shows that someone took alot of time to build the sets and design their show. My daughter has promised me to look at the site to show me how to post pictures of the things I want to know.

Melp
01-09-2015, 07:21 PM
my Daughter told me to copy and paste this I hope it the video iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9K_kiKnp2UU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PyroJoeNEPA
01-09-2015, 07:28 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=714&stc=1

Here is a picture with some different shell effects. The "one shots" used for fromts basically consist of mines, comets, & meteors. The mine can have different effects--pearls, color changing perls, crackle, flying fish, bees, etc. The difference between a Comet & a Meteor is the comet has a long tail of sparks trailing behind it whereas the meteor is a single ball of color [similar to a roman candle shot] with no trail.
Some consumer shells have a mine that goes off as the shell leaves the tube. I got some "Golden One" shells--egg shaped from Kneppy's last year. They were a very nice effect & gave you a "2 for 1" effect out of one gun.
There are many ways to mount "one shots" for fronts. A quick run around you tube of setup videos will give you a lot of ideas.
It will take a while to get familiar with the nomenclature of the effects. Don't get discouraged. You won't be the first one to ask 'what was that blue thing that spread out with all the little fuzzies flying all over & turning into a blinlky thing"? LOL.

Melp
01-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Thank you Pyrojoe thats what I needed I can now go to wikifireworks and research the basics. Looking at the video for the umpteen time Im wondering if what I'm looking at is really fireworks or something people did on the computer. The display is almost to perfect. I actually printed the poster you found for me and will hang it on my shop wall. Thank you again. If you get a chance look at the video and tell me what you think is it fireworks or just a computer image.

Westpapyro
01-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Go to one of Dave's sponsors web page, fireworks.com. They have a products page that shows video of the different effects.