PDA

View Full Version : atf type 54 question

ras1986
01-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Sorry if this is a repost but i have lost sleep over this. Ok i went to atf website and ordered an fd-258ex fingerprint card. Took it to the police station and got printed. Stuck it in an envelope with my application and mailed it to atlanta. Was this the correct thing to do? Was it the correct form?

displayfireworks1
01-07-2015, 10:47 PM
No you should have mailed it to Disneyland. LOL I am not sure if you ordered my ATF/DVD package, you can send any law enforcement type fingerprint card. If you are losing sleep over this application process, you are really going to lose sleep when that magazine of yours is full of fireworks. LOL Relax and let the application process that its course. You are doing this at a great time of year. Not that it matters if you purchased my package or not but I cover the process and interview on the DVD, when people know what is going to happen it helps lessen the anxiety.

ras1986
01-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Dave, I purchased your dvd for sure.... I'm just worrying if I used the right forms.

CTPYRO
01-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Dave, I purchased your dvd for sure.... I'm just worrying if I used the right forms.

I used finger print cards from my local PD and about two weeks later a lady from the ATF office in WV sent me two new ATF print cards and that I had to use the cards they provide and not the cards from my local PD.. none the less everything is all set

mguerra
01-30-2015, 10:51 PM
If you read the application, it tells you which cards to use. You said you ordered cards from THE ATF! I would expect them to send you the right cards...
And yeah, it's FD 258.

displayfireworks1
01-30-2015, 11:28 PM
This is the first I heard of a fingerprint card complaint. I would be curious if the local police department that initially did the standard fingerprint card signed it and/or stamped it with their department. When the first PD cards were sent back to you, was something missing from the cards? Is that why they were sent back? Was any explanation letter included, did they call you? Did you call them? Something is not adding up in my mind on this.

Pyro k
01-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Somewhere in the fine print I have also seen this when I was in the 54 process. They definitely want you to use their card for some reason.

CTPYRO
02-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Dave I got a letter from the W Virginia office from a woman. Inside the envelope were two print cards with the ATF stamp on them and lined in Blue. They were a bit different then the local PD cards. I sent them back in about a week later