PDA

View Full Version : Need land to shoot on July 4th in NY

pyroguy56
01-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi guys,
I live on Long Island and I'm looking for an open field to shoot this July 4th 2015. If anyone can help me that would be great, also willing to barter for use of field.

CTPYRO
01-06-2015, 03:24 PM
You can shoot fireworks in L.I????

pyroguy56
01-06-2015, 08:23 PM
I know that, but I was shooting 3" shells on new years eve and I think it was too much for my neighborhood. So I'm looking for an open field, because I want to keep going bigger.

jknepp1954
01-07-2015, 12:23 AM
consider shooting a fountain show - i believe they are legal now.
if not - well.....up to you.....

pyroguy56
01-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe I'll just use 2.5" shells instead.

CTPYRO
01-07-2015, 12:00 PM
So basically what your saying is that even though you know fireworks are Illegal ( 1.4 & 1.3 ) in the state of NY never mind Long Island your still going to do whatever you want... your funny. Do you get white knuckled going over the Triboro with blackmarket 1.3?? Well best of luck not getting caught.... when you do... you were warned

NWPA
01-07-2015, 07:44 PM
consider shooting a fountain show - i believe they are legal now.
if not - well.....up to you..... I happen to like fountains also, you can get pretty creative with fountains and fast fuse.

N3OQO
01-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Most of the advice here I agree with. If you don't piss off the neighbors there is little chance of the cops showing up and killing the show. Dave gives some great advice on this topic, do your shoot by 11 or so, I usually sense what the neighborhood is doing, and cut it off when everything dies down. Fountains, wheels, firecrackers, all can be layed out for a very nice ground show with some fuse and a firing system.

Ground show our backyard last 4th, and you can hear the neighbors cheers and other fireworks in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W29Y-c28hs&spfreload=10 Other than that, I don't know the climate up that way on fireworks. Stick with 1.4 in your neighborhood. Safer in many many ways. Good luck!!!!

pyroguy56
01-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for your advice.

pyroguy56
01-07-2015, 09:32 PM
First I have a type 54 license, so I can transport 1.3 anywhere I want.
Second if I do get caught all I have to show the police is my type 54 license.

displayfireworks1
01-07-2015, 10:09 PM
In looking over your post I see I helped you get an ATF license this year. There is more fireworks activity in Rhode Island than people realize. I think you are playing people along a little with your post of blatant disregard of reason. My suggestion is find an event that wants a fireworks and shoot the fireworks there similar to what I do at my sportsman club picnic.

jknepp1954
01-08-2015, 09:34 AM
First I have a type 54 license, so I can transport 1.3 anywhere I want.
Second if I do get caught all I have to show the police is my type 54 license.

totally NOT true.
Suggestion - join a fireworks club. the clubs i belong to are in the signature line of my posts.
with a club membership - you can buy all the 1.3 you can afford - and do so legally, and shoot LEGALLY at these sanctioned shoots.

CTPYRO
01-08-2015, 11:50 AM
This person lives on Long Island and wants to legally shoot 1.3..... doesnt matter that you have the 54. The license only allows you to buy it.... transport it to a legal shoot or store it. I'm sure there is alot going up in the air in July on Long Island but probably not in the legal sense

Adam PA Artist
01-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey im from Long-island to ive done most of my shows here for years and never really had and issue with police yet. I cant give you a specific location now but as we move towards the 4th of July if something comes up ill let you know. I always wind up some place where it ends up to be a nice show... Years ago people would shoot pretty big shells in my neighborhood when there was more leniency with fireworks. But in my opinion as we grow more professional with our understanding of fireworks and are concerned for the safety of our neighbors and ourselves, if we don't have sufficient space then don't go to big with your shells.... 3'' inch shells are enough unless you have that clearance of 300 feet i wouldn't take risks with bigger shells. Besides who needs a lawsuit and i hate seeing fireworks get a bad rap.

Adam PA Artist
01-08-2015, 03:14 PM
And CTPYRO is correct the license only allows you to buy it.... transport it to a legal shoot or store it.

displayfireworks1
01-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Don't get all excited about his comments, I think he is playing you all around. Although he is correct to some degree, he can drive around all day with a truck load of 1.3 fireworks if he has an ATF license. However sooner or later he will have to park the vehicle and either shoot the fireworks and/or store them. He will have to keep driving or eventually stop and go to sleep.
I think a good analogy is a drivers license, it allows to drive anywhere you want to go, it does not allow you to drive in an irresponsible manner. Just because you have an ATF license to purchase 1.3 fireworks, it does not mean you have permission to behave reckless. The problem is people feel because you have a privately held ATF license it means you are somehow a reckless individual.
Be it a legally purchased firearm, a concealed weapons permit, a drivers license, or a ATF user of explosive license/permit, you still have to behave in a reasonable manner.

Westpapyro
01-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Be it a legally purchased firearm, a concealed weapons permit, a drivers license, or a ATF user of explosive license/permit, you still have to behave in a reasonable manner.

Amen to that brother!