PDA

View Full Version : hello from texas

ras1986
01-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone. I know I'm doing this out of order but i thought i should introduce myself. I live in houston texas and have been an avid pyro since i can remember. Always playing with fire as a kid and taking apart fireworks and generally extremely dangerous things until i realized it was insanely stupid. Took until i was about 15 to realize this. These days I'm much wiser about safety, I wish more people would wise up to firework safety. (Stupid you tube videos) anyways sorry for the rant. Who here is close to me? It seems I can't ever find anyone around me that is as crazy about pyro as I am. Also still looking for a place in houston to buy 1.3.... any ideas?

CTPYRO
01-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Before stepping into 1.3..... I'd highly suggest working with a display company and or a club first. You will also need a 54 license from the BATF in order to just purchase 1.3 nevermind shooting it

PyroJW
01-05-2015, 10:49 PM
I have multiple shows in Texas, although the majority of them are in the north Texas area, I do have two large shows in south Texas. I can help you with sign off's if your willing to drive and work your tail off on the shows. You never know where it could lead to, possible lead shooter/rep of Houston.

ras1986
01-05-2015, 11:33 PM
PLEASE!!!!! I will work for free!! Yes free... pm me with details a.s.a.p.

displayfireworks1
01-05-2015, 11:40 PM
At PyroJW
Thanks for offering to bring a new person to work on some displays. I believe we have a few members here from Texas that's great. At ras1986 I sure they will pay you something for helping. If you are not afraid of hard work those large display are great.

ras1986
01-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Making business connections and contacts for this type of field is seemingly impossible. I have called companies and walked onto shoot sites to talk about working g for a company. I never get a response back. So this connection is invaluable

PyroJW
01-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Sorry I am just now responding back guys. I forgot I even commented on it lol. If the forum was set up like Facebook then I would just have a app on my phone and get a instant notification. Now that would be great! haha. Ras1986 I know exactly how you feel about making contacts, The older Texas companies treat Pyro like it is a trade secret.

displayfireworks1
01-24-2015, 08:34 PM
At PyroJW I believe there is a way to set up email notifications on the forums. Look into your user settings when you log on. Or just check back from time to time.