PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Air Rifle Targets

NWPA
01-03-2015, 05:42 PM
FIREBIRD AIRFLASH - AIRGUN

Airflash. This 40 mm Firebird Target is aptly named AIRFLASH and has been specifically designed for use with air rifles. On impact from an air rifle pellet, the target ignites in order to reflect a direct hit producing a significant pyrotechnic reaction and loud report. Target shooters will enjoy the effect and gain a great sense of achievement when hitting their target.
•Includes:
A specially designed CNC machined magnetic target holder which must be used in order for the Airflash to function.
Doing more then my share of air rifle shooting in the winter months I was looking for something other than paper targets and came across these sold in the UK. Could not find anyone selling in the US. The video of them shows a relatively mild bang, unlike the .22 targets. Which would be perfect for me. Do any of you folks know anything about these? With all the Tannerite and .22 targets around you would think someone stateside would be selling these. Appreciate any insight..

countryboy7978
01-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Any composition sensitive enough to reliably ignite from an air gun strike would be too dangerous to sell to the untrained public. .22 firearms impart a hell of a lot for energy than most air guns. Common airguns in the US are under 700 fps with only several more expensive break barrel and gas models exceeding 1000 fps with light pellets. You are talking about using chlorate and sulfides or worse for this to ignite. Stick with full soda cans.

NWPA
01-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Apparently these firebird targets work with a much less sensitive compound then the chemicals you describe. They won't work without the aluminum disc provided. The disc is a backing which the disc is placedin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPPx01wJIWE&feature=player_detailpage Check out this video.

countryboy7978
01-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Aluminum disk or not, regular flash will not reliably ignite from a blow like that, much less a AN mixture. You need a chlorate comp for this to work. Look up the game Tejo from Columbia. Similar concept.