PDA

View Full Version : tube plug

Trike21
01-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Hello everyone, what kind of tube plugs do you use to plug your tubes on your mortar rack? I am getting ready to build my first 3" 3shot rack and would like to know what people use to make theirs. If anyone has an plans that would be appreciated also. Thanks, happy shooting!

mguerra
01-04-2015, 11:33 PM
This is where pyros go to get plugs:

http://www.midwestwoodspecialties.com

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2015, 01:12 PM
I was holding off on replying to this question to see if anyone else addressed the obvious so I would not end up in a multi paragraph rant: If you are shooting 3" shells you should already have the knowledge associated with mortars required to safely shoot them. First of all--is it legal for you to have & shoot 1.3g products? If not, stop now before you seriously injure or kill yourself or others! If you are asking about plugs to build your own mortars---what type tubing do you plan to put the plugs in? Anything other than HDPE [that means PVC] is seriously dangerous & not recommended. Cost to buy HDPE tubing & plugs is much more than the cost of a commercially available HDPE or Fiberglass mortar. The rack part is sketchy--why only three tubes? Most people rack up 3" guns in racks of 10.
Since I see you are a "newbie" with only 5 posts my concern is that you don't buy some black market 3" shells & get hurt trying to shoot them. They can kill you. I don't want to sound like "doom & gloom" but safety can not be stressed enough with this hobby.
Feel free to follow up on this thread & tell us more about what you are looking to do with this rack build project.

CTPYRO
01-05-2015, 02:40 PM
I was going to say the same myself here because if you have been shooting 1.3 for a display company or even a club then this question would not matter since you would know a few things. Maybe we are wrong to be pointing this out but seems obvious with only 5 post's made

1 - you know how to build racks
2 - you would know where to buy them plugged already

Trike21
01-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys, and to answer a few questions.........

I can legally buy 1.3g products, I have my Type 54. I have be doing my research on here, and have been in contact with the local firework stores that sell 1.3g to licensees, to further gain knowledge about fireworks.....

And along with the license comes product, and along with the product come a better display on the 4th of July. Now with that being said, I know how dangerous fireworks can be, I am usually one of the firefighters that goes to the 3rd/4th of July fireworks shoot in town to make sure the "shooters" have all there paperwork and that thee shoot site is a safe distance from the crowd....along with doing this I like to "shoot sh*t" with the shooters about fireworks because I enjoy them very much.

So all I wanted to ask is what kind of "plugs" do you guys and gals put in your mortar tube....and or maybe some plans in order to build a 3/5/10 shot rack. Of course with my research I have understood to know what kind of tubes to use and not use. I would like to use the HDPE tubing and unless I buy some already pre-made ones, they will not have a "plug" in the end, so what do you people suggest I use for this?

PyroJoeNEPA
01-12-2015, 07:27 PM
See post #2 from mguerra. That is your answer. Good company & good product. I have used their plugs.