PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Has to be a good year

Melp
01-01-2015, 02:04 AM
2015 Has to be a good year this year because It started with me shooting of my new years eve display with my first purchase of 1.3 fireworks and using my new cobra 18r2 and as a sign that its going to be a great year this year everything in my display went off without a hitch. Happy new years to everyone here at pyrotalk :cool::cool::cool:

displayfireworks1
01-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Happy New Year to you and everyone else on the forums. It is nice to hear it all went well for you. You are properly licensed and moved into wireless fireworks displays. For the next few months you can start to think about what you are going to shoot for July 4th. It looks like you are in Ace Pyro territory. I am sure they will a have a demo in the spring.

Melp
01-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Im wondering if they will post their demo date here on pyrotalk. I am suppose to be working a job at Penn State University this spring so I might be in your neighborhood this spring. There are a lot of things that I want to do this year one of those is I would like to go to the PGI this summer maybe not for the whole week but maybe a long weekend! I have been asked to help out on some more of the professional shoots, I would be crazy to miss those. So many things to due just which one's to do

displayfireworks1
01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
I am hoping this year to get a video out that will announce the demo dates of all the fireworks people that advertise with me. I never know if they want everyone to come to their demos or not. Since it their party so to speak they have to tell me whom they want to invite. It may not be proper if I send out a video invite unless I am sure they want new people to attend.
It sounds like you are running into the typical dilemma too much pyro stuff to do in the summer and not enough time to do it all. I would suggest to at least take advantage of the opportunity to work on some professional displays. If you can make yourself available near the July 4th holiday. the professional companies need you to come through for them at that time of year. Most of them need all the help they can get.

MIpyro
01-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Im wondering if they will post their demo date here on pyrotalk. I am suppose to be working a job at Penn State University this spring so I might be in your neighborhood this spring. There are a lot of things that I want to do this year one of those is I would like to go to the PGI this summer maybe not for the whole week but maybe a long weekend! I have been asked to help out on some more of the professional shoots, I would be crazy to miss those. So many things to due just which one's to do

ACE had theirs in April last year, so I can expect theirs to be the same this year. It is a good demo and they held a PGI certification course too, but I wasn't able to attend that.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-02-2015, 12:04 PM
The downside of the vendor demo's here in PA is that several of them end up with their demo on the same day & you have to pick which one you are going to. It is unfortunate, but nobody wants to go to a demo when it is freezing cold outside. Also, consider the fact that the vendors are waiting for their containers with new product to arrive from China so you can see all the new stuff they will carry--but don't want to wait until too close to July for their demo so they don't loose their sales.
It must be tough being a vendor-as Joyce or Al or Ray--or several others on here can tell you.
The "up side" is that many of the vendors get video posted of their demo night for those that can't make it. I know--it isn't close to being there in person--but it is a big help in seeing new product.
I'm sure once Dave gets word from his sponsors on their demo nights he will make it available.
Besides seeing the new [and old standard] product, demo nights are great pyro socials--it is nice getting to put a face to a screen name. Many good friendships are begun at demo's.
Thank You to all the vendors for all the hard work [and money spent] hosting your demo's each year!

PyroManiacs
01-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Well, for the last 45 minutes I typed out a long 4 paragraph rant on the whole demo night debacle on how the demo nights end up on the same night...

Then as I read over it a few times... I thought.... all of it is pointless to say because no matter what.... it will keep happening because its just the way that it is.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Well, for the last 45 minutes I typed out a long 4 paragraph rant on the whole demo night debacle on how the demo nights end up on the same night...

Then as I read over it a few times... I thought.... all of it is pointless to say because no matter what.... it will keep happening because its just the way that it is.

Feel free to rant! If nothing else, you will improve your typing speed! Happy New Year !!!

PyroManiacs
01-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Feel free to rant! If nothing else, you will improve your typing speed! Happy New Year !!!

Hahaha! Happy New Year!

displayfireworks1
01-02-2015, 08:05 PM
If I remember correctly the earliest fireworks demos start in my area is April. Someone in the business once told me , they wait for Kellner to set his demo date first then they go from there. These next two months are sometimes the toughest months for people in the fireworks business. Even for the fireworks enthusiast, there are very few fireworks celebrations in Jan and Feb. At least here in Pennsylvania. I should think of a reason to shoot some fireworks at my sportsman club. I can get permission to shoot at that site pretty easily. I know years back I had an open shoot in the winter there and just a few people showed. Most people do not have any fireworks to shoot that time of year. It actually a great time of year to purchase fireworks. One of my advertisers usually has a 40% off sale. Not sure if they will have it this year or not.

CTPYRO
01-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I plan on attending Extravaganza's when they announce it

PyroJoeNEPA
01-03-2015, 01:08 PM
. Even for the fireworks enthusiast, there are very few fireworks celebrations in Jan and Feb. At least here in Pennsylvania.
Crackerjacks will be having a club shoot in PA in early Feb.

Melp
01-03-2015, 09:01 PM
The person that I was able to work with on a professional shoot is a teacher for the PGI shooters class he has said that he will be putting on a shooters class this year but if Ace is putting on the class before he does I would be very interested in that.
When going to a Demo what would be a fair amount of money to bring? As I have never been to one and really wouldnt know what to expect. I only have a class 4 magazine so I am only allowed 54 pds of explosive.