PDA

View Full Version : It's almost new years!

spanks_4
12-30-2014, 02:40 PM
I've been extremely busy with work, a new business, and now a kitchen remodel so I haven't been around much.

Just curious what everyone is shooting for NYE if anything at all. I decided last week to put on a small show that has now grown to a decent size I believe and will hopefully wow some people.

World class cakes:
Taste of Heat
Flicker
Rifle Range Ahead
Gangster
Oriental Dragon
Fast Food x2
Ghost Rider x2
Awareness x2
Greeen x2
Dragon x2

Artillery shells:
Zeus
Excalibur x6
Diablo x4

Random:
some fountains from a party pack
300 Saturn Missle x2
a couple long tube things that stick in the ground and do something

PyroManiacs
12-31-2014, 01:13 AM
a couple long tube things that stick in the ground and do something

Make sure you get some video of those... I heard they are great!! :D lol.

Not sure if Im going out into the city for an event..... If I dont, I still have a case of Excals, a case of Demon Shells, 2 boxes of Extreme Cannisters(windmill).... and about 20 cakes spread across AFW, Glorious and Pyro Demon.

spanks_4
12-31-2014, 09:08 AM
Hoping to get a lot of pictures and some good video hopefully! Started loading the racks last night and going to finish hopefully early today to give me enough time to setup everything without being rushed.
My Diablo finale racks are all loaded and just need to be fused now.

pyrokatie
12-31-2014, 11:22 AM
Happy New Year! We got about 100 or so (mostly Excalibur) shells ready to go for our party tonight. I am super excited as they will be remote fired so I get to enjoy as well. I have to pick up some small stuff today as I forgot to get some fireworks for the kids. Oooops!

@Spanks_4 did you use the mortar tubes that came with the Diablo shells or are those your own? Nice setup

spanks_4
12-31-2014, 11:25 AM
These are all my own racks, but if you need tubes I have a bunch from the boxes to give away.
Right now I'm trying to find some fast fuse locally, but no luck so far!

I have my electronic firing system, but decided too late to do a show to get the igniters so tonight is all hand lit.

pyrokatie
12-31-2014, 11:41 AM
Where in Louisiana are you at? I haven't seen any fast fuse but LA Fireworks has 20 foot rolls of the regular green fuse.

ps: I could tell you are LA by the fleur de lis in the photo lol

spanks_4
12-31-2014, 11:47 AM
I live in Denham, but the show is going to be in Priarieville tonight. We decided last minute so not expecting many people, but I'm going to have fun with it anyways!
You should check out Blue House fireworks in Gonzales on Hwy 44. Locally owned and operated since the 60's, great product, great prices, and great staff/owners.

I sent you a message on here Katie.

PyroJoeNEPA
12-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Doing a 1.3g show tonight. Got the "long johns" out--supposed to be 18-20 degrees at 1AM!
You all have fun & stay safe!

spanks_4
12-31-2014, 12:41 PM
It's supposed to be in the 30's here so not as cold, but still cold enough!

Have a good show and stay safe as well.

displayfireworks1
12-31-2014, 03:55 PM
I hope everyone is getting ready to shoot something tonight. If you can bring along your camcorder and get some video. Here is video of me getting ready. please forgive the occasional wind noise in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1i9fjGhbrM

CafreakinBOOM
12-31-2014, 05:08 PM
HAPPY NEW YEARS DAVE

I cant be more pyro than you. When I hear the word PYRO I get the happy feeling. When I smell fireworks I think DAVE. ;)

DAVE THANKS FOR PYROTALK.com

Happy New Years everybody

displayfireworks1
12-31-2014, 06:03 PM
I would love to know if Zack from IPI is doing the potato chip drop in Lewistown Pennsylvania. It has to be the strangest news year tradition near me. Here is video from prior years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybHAD3_Z7Y
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/pa/PA_14312.gif
This puts the size in perspective
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/63a0a4874bdded57531c8f0d9f7be10c45224dbd/c=0-312-3744-5304&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2014/12/22/USATODAY/Experience%20America/635548491036530337-NYE-Chip-Bag-with-Mayor-Deb-Bargo-and-her-husband-Barry-credit-Nathaniel-Thierwechter.jpg

spanks_4
01-01-2015, 11:09 AM
My show has been pushed back to Sunday night which gives me more time to get everything done. How y'all do these massive shows and get everything done in a day is beyond me, but I guess the speed comes with time.

Anyone around Louisiana that has some fast/medium fuse I can buy? I can't find any local and I can't have it here soon enough by mail to be able to fuse my racks like I want. I have safety fuse which is way too slow for my 7-24 shot racks and my 8-12 shot racks.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Pushing a fireworks deadline short of supplies is no fun. I just posted a video of a 2.5 minute electric display that took me three hours to prepare. We need to find you some more fireworks enthusiast in Louisiana that may be near you. Then you guys can help each other out. If you can not find fast fuse for you 24 shot rack and you only have slow fuse, an option is to light the slow fuse on both ends of the rack. This will at least double the speed in the air.