PDA

View Full Version : Airial spinners in a display

N3OQO
12-29-2014, 10:13 PM
For years I've always had a box or two of "Jumbo Jumping Jacks" around, they spin for a second on the ground and go skyward making a zippy sound, OR whichever way they feel like at the time. I met my now wife (we wed a few days ago), about 5 years ago and she has always loved these things, they make her giggle like a little girl! Last year I set off a string of about 100 of these in the middle of a show, literally placed in the middle of the display which was spread out over 100 feet or more on a couple acres. They all went off nicely, but some of them shot directly at us and the crowd. Of course I put them far enough away that was not an issue, but there were a dozen or so that went horizontal instead of up, and several of them bounced off some cakes and racks. LOL, I have no idea how something didn't get set off by them! This year I want to do the same thing, but with maybe 1000 quickfused and make sure they ALL go vertical if possible!!! I was thinking a big galvanized pail, like one you would use at a picnic, big. Anyone else love these things and fuse a bunch together? Thoughts and ideas? Thanks!!!

NWPA
12-30-2014, 11:53 AM
If these are what I'm thinking of, Zippers, Zips, Twister stix, etc. You can make them go vertical if you want to go to the trouble of gluing wings on them. I,ve done it. Copy what you see on the old buzz bombs or newer buzz bangs. The angle and placement that is. You can make ground bloom flowers go vertical also.