PDA

View Full Version : another i-match?

Playingwithfire85
12-29-2014, 10:25 AM
I figured it wouldn't be long until china had come up with their own i-match but I am thinking this one might be questionable. I found electric matches being sold on Amazon and after a little research it appears as though they are made by Happiness Firing System in China. I can not find any documentation or restrictions on there so its possible this guy might be selling and shipping them illegally?

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Igniter-Fireworks-Pyrotechnics-Survival/dp/B00HIDB1QY

tarkus4
12-29-2014, 10:38 AM
I think if they were illegal Amazon would have caught it by now. They are also sold on ebay by a couple of vendors in China. I have been using them for a few years and have never had a bad one. By the way they are cheaper on ebay.

Playingwithfire85
12-29-2014, 10:45 AM
i figured there was a possibility it was only a "new" product to me. :) I was not planning on purchasing any as my stock if full but I was curious because there is no documentation on these.

PGH_Pyro
12-29-2014, 01:24 PM
ahhh great find. added to my wish-list .

xRay
01-05-2015, 11:10 PM
The match sold through eBay and Amazon is sometimes just the blanks with no pyrogen that you will have to dip but most of the time it is regular cheap e-match and as such it is controlled by BATFE as an “igniter”. Whether it is legal or not to buy/import and/or possess, it still must be stored in a type 4 or better magazine legally. This stuff never comes in correctly identified on the Customs forms. It is most often shipped as “electronics” or “gift” which means it is passing through Customs illegally. It is often the rejects from the legit e-match dealers over there. It is also not legal to mail through the regular mail unless it is just the blanks.

There is still only one legal BATFE approved initiator (I-Match/Firewire) that does not require specific storage. It is not orange. It is always blue/white. I surely would not want to get caught with any of the Chinese stuff unless you legally store it properly, in a mag. You WILL have a bad day.

Playingwithfire85
01-06-2015, 12:27 AM
That's why i originally referred to them as illegal. It had no backup paperwork on data and compound and whether it required a license.

Westpapyro
01-09-2015, 11:37 PM
I recently stocked up on some Imatch, if your close to me and are on the fence about buying them pm me. Maybe we can work it out to give you a few to test for free.
Chuck

Playingwithfire85
01-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Thank you for the offer but I already have about 200 MJG I-match left over. I have had bad luck with a batch of 80 of them I bought but MJG is replacing them in the next few days.