PDA

View Full Version : ups lost my fireworks?!?!

ras1986
12-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Anyone out there ever had ups freight "lose" your shipment of fireworks? I'm running out of time and I'm getting a little worried. Just curious if anyone has any insight on this....

displayfireworks1
12-27-2014, 04:33 PM
I do not believe UPS ships fireworks?

jknepp1954
12-27-2014, 04:40 PM
ups does not ship fireworks.
with that said - ups does have truck freight service - did they loose your fireworks?

ras1986
12-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes. It was ups freight ltl. Lost.... no explanation till Monday evening

jknepp1954
12-28-2014, 10:13 AM
the fireworks company that you ordered from should have the tracking number. use that and call your UPS freight center and see what they say. It probably is not lost - but rather delayed because of perhaps some missing info. you have Monday and Tuesday to get without needing to hit the panic button.
Good luck to you.

displayfireworks1
12-28-2014, 10:57 AM
The Christmas holiday has to be the worse time to ship a hazardous material. A similar thing occurs near the July 4th holiday. People wait until the last minute to order the fireworks and shipments get delayed. Of course it is all hindsight now, next time order early December for New Years Eve fireworks.
I did not know UPS had a freight service. FedEx will ship fireworks for research/technical purpose only. I know Martinez Specialties will ship Electric Match to ATF license/permit holders but I forget what shipper they use. When pricing out shipping fireworks they usually try to determine if it is going to a residential or business address. The Residential address is going to cost more. The best way is to pick the product up is at the truck company local terminal. The distributor can give you an approximate time and date. You show up with the truck. The truck company brings the pallets out into the parking lot, you load your product and drive off.
Back when I received the Tannerite "Articles of Pyrotechnics" he shipped them directly to my door by FedEx. For "Technical Purpose". The package was clear marked. On another shipment to me, he did something wrong in the way the box was marked, they sent it back to him and fined him for a shipping violation. When shipping hazardous materials in United States it is all about how the package is labeled.
http://us.enolagaye.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Box-Shipping-Info-1024x649.jpg
http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/104128293.png

fatcat
12-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Ras, The same thing happened to me a few years ago. Acording to the tracking info supplied by the shipper, the product arrived at their(UPS) terminal on the 30th and was due out for delivery later that day. Didn't get it and called and luckily was able to get it on the 31st. Personally, since I order fireworks instead of purchasing them from the local tents, I have learned to at least have then shipped 10 days before the date that I want them. BTW UPS would not be my first choice if given an option by the vendor.

displayfireworks1
12-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Many of the people that advertise with me ship fireworks all over the country, some of them have found the best and least expensive methods. Not sure who you purchased from, but the first thing to do is call the distributor you purchased from.
If you listen in my video from my visit to Nite Lites in Kentucky, he told me all of shipping problems are in the Southern States of United States.

ras1986
12-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Well. I did order early. Over 10 days early but Christmas days and the weekends stop the trucks from Traveling. This is the first year I have used ups. Every time before I use fed ex freight. FedEx does ship fireworks. Only if they are palletized and going ground freight. I only used ups because they guaranteed 2 day...... Yea right.... i have already contacted matt over at spirt 76 but he can't get anymore info that I have already tried getting. No one in the us answers the freight shipping phone number listed. Just a redirect to India which has gets you a we will call you Monday answer. My tracking number says the last place it was at was dallas. Then everyone I talked to said it's lost in houston somewhere which is good. I live in houston. But thanks to everyone for giving me a little insight. Next year I won't have to worry about this. I will be picking up 1.3 local and not Messi g with 1.4 anymore

displayfireworks1
12-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Your ip address is identified as Louisiana, it must be picking it up because of your proximity to the Texas/Louisiana border. Change your location to Texas. It sounds like it is still in transit and should make it to you on time.

ras1986
12-28-2014, 01:41 PM
That weird.... I've lived in houston my whole life

fatcat
12-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Ras, I didn't want to mention any vendors since I wasn't sure if the one you mentioned was one of Dave's advertisers. However I use them also and they have been very helpful when it comes to shipping. I had a local number to use and didn't have to deal with the "across the pond" problem. You should be able to find a local number in your area to deal with them. My heartburn with UPS is not their work so much as it was with one particular driver. Let's just say he didn't display the "professionalism" that I associate with UPS. Good luck and hope you get your product before NY eve. Keep us informed

ras1986
12-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Update...... well ups found my shipment and I SHOULD have it tomorrow before 5 pm. Really sucks it took so long for ups to find my shipment and get it back out to me but at least I'll have time to get it set up before the show. Never again will I use ups freight.

Wholesale Fireworks
12-30-2014, 02:41 PM
Glad to hear you will get your shipment on time. As stated before, anytime you order around the holidays you have to allow yourself plenty of time. Sorry to say 10 days is really not a safe enough window. Keep in mind you lose all weekend days as travel days, not to mention the actual Holiday. This time of year we have found that a lot of drivers are on vacation and the freight companies limit there runs to certain destinations. The majority of the time the freight carriers are right on schedule but delays can happen. This time of year you also have to factor in possible weather delays as well especially up north. Have a great New Year's celebration, and order an extra week in advance ibn the future ..LOL