PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Central Missouri

Deflagrated
12-18-2014, 01:04 PM
I want to say thank you for all the videos provided at PyroTalk. I sure can appreciate the work and effort put into this site, videos, and the various shows produced. The vintage fireworks found here and there really brought back some great memory's. I've been involved in display fireworks for around 30 years at some level or another. Things have changed some for sure over the years, but thankfully the enjoyment of using display fireworks can still be accomplished by anyone that wants to take the required steps. I appreciate the reflection on that this site provides. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness is not free, takes effort, and must be maintained. This site to me aids any fireworks enthusiast in pursuing or maintaining the endeavor. I like that, and it's appreciated. Thank You :)

PyroJoeNEPA
12-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the Forum Deflagrated. I'm sure you will find many "interesting" people here! And, please, feel free to share any of your pyro background & stories with us that you choose to.

PyroJW
12-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Deflagrated
12-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks. I'm still lurking through all the threads at this point. Very good information and reading to be found in them. Have a Merry Christmas.

displayfireworks1
12-24-2014, 08:25 PM
http://www.netstate.com/states/geography/images/usa_mo_map.gif
Thanks for joining the forums, it is nice to have some experienced people from all states. You are correct in your posting that "Display Fireworks" can legally be enjoyed by anyone that takes the proper required steps. You picked a great username, many people may not be familiar with that word. The term "Deflagrate and Detonate" have been debated for years pertaining to fireworks. In particular pertaining to flash powder, if I remember the debate, there are those that feel that flash powder should not be consider a High Explosive because it deflagrates rather than detonates.
The term deflagrate is seldom used, although it is the proper term for fireworks if I am not mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dLjHJuFWQ
Nitroglycerin explodes with a shock wave that moves faster than the speed of sound, whereas the powders used in various salutes deflagrate (burn) at a slower rate and below the speed of sound. This prevents the formation of a detonation wave and is the difference between high explosive and low explosive.
However flash powder may still be classified as a High Explosive

Deflagrated
12-31-2014, 03:25 PM
It was a nice surprise to find that video posted. It is one I have not seen before, and found to be very interesting. What a test setup to prove a point. It's neat you picked up on my old terminology. I enjoy the chemistry involved, and construct many products for my own use. The old debate will continue on, but for me a salute is simply a very popular firework. Most everyone enjoys them, and they are always fun to shoot and watch. I intend to use a few tonight it is a New Year. Thanks again for the video. :D