PDA

View Full Version : Office and Family Christmas Show

mguerra
12-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Saturday night I shot my second mixed 1.3/ 1.4 show since getting my licenses earlier this year. It is a very simple sequence, nothing fancy. I only had one case of 3" shells so I shot them as showpiece items rather than use them in a finale. The finale was a quick peacock cake, the best I could do with what I had. The show was simply 1.4 shells and cakes, then 3" shells, then nine 1.3 cakes. I had one helper and we somehow miscued a few items on the Cobra. Both Aquatini were supposed to go off together on one cue, both Glittering Galaxy and both Silky Sky also were supposed to go on one cue each. You will see that didn't happen! One Scattershot finale of 4 did not fire, one Mardi Gras Fiesta did not fire and one Rocketeer did not fire. The crowd did not notice at all. One Silky Sky went off with 2 Flaming Dragon and that was a super cool mistake! I may do that again on purpose. Metropolis is small and next time I will bring it in closer. The camera was an EOS 7D, 10-22 lens, daylight white balance, 5.4 f stop, 1250 ISO and a Rode mic on top.Oh well, enough chatter, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUP2...ature=youtu.be

PGH_Pyro
12-17-2014, 11:44 AM
says "video does not exist"

martymower
12-17-2014, 11:46 AM
link not working at this time

mguerra
12-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Ok I will try to fix it.

mguerra
12-17-2014, 12:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUP2tfJWxkw

mguerra
12-17-2014, 12:24 PM
All the 1.4 product, except Excal and Smackdown, is from WF Boom.

Wholesale Fireworks
12-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Show looks great. I shared it on our Facebook page. I hope you get a lot of views.
Thanks again for the opportunity to supply you and just wait until you see our new stuff for 2015.
Have a great holiday season and I know we will speak soon when the new price list comes out next year.

mguerra
12-17-2014, 01:15 PM
A few observations. You really cannot count on 1.4 product having reliable and reproducible timing, if you try to tightly time script this stuff, it's not going to work. Several cakes started at the same moment, but finished way off from each other. Artillery shell fuse is inconsistent in length, and burn rate. You have no clue how fast a rack of consumer shells is going to go off. A guess, yes, but exact timing, no. I have tried numerous times to time script a 1.4 show and just hit the start button, sit back, and have the whole thing go off automatically. It's half ass. The best way is to step fire. You have to hit each cue as the previous one is finishing. It takes in to account the unpredictable timing. On the Cobra, I set up cues 1-18 on channel one, cues 19-36 on channel 2, and so on. Then just fire the whole show by using the step button. You don't get to relax and watch the show like an audience member, you have to be more involved. But if you are the operator you need to be alert and on top of it anyway. Step firing is the best for 1.4. A scripted 1.3 show is different. Even that product is not dead on predictable, but it is a lot more time precise than 1.4.

Pyro k
01-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Nicely done