PDA

View Full Version : Hello From SC

fschris
12-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Hi everyone, I am in Columbia SC.

I see some other folks in SC as well.

I would like to mix in some 1.3 in my list of products. I understand fireworks are very dangerous and I am only looking to fire display cakes, salutes. I am not thinking about shooting off 3 or 4 inch shells. I use talon clips and remote firing systems for my 1.4 stuff. Overall when I shoot I want to always be the safe, responsible and safe safe safe.

I am looking into getting my proper ATF license. However, I am finding out there is more issues to solve...

1) I cant find a distributor of 1.3 in SC.... which is odd since 1.4 is everywhere. I figured there would be at least one ;)
2) If I bought out of state I am trying to see if if there are DOT laws.... (i read that because I am not obtaining for commerce.... I do not need special insurance or a CDL) but i need to research more.
3) Even if I shoot on my property ( 6 acres) I still may need to contact local fire marshalls etc...
4) I don't have a magazine so I cannot store them....
5) maybe I can find a local pyro expert who is already shooting 1.3g (non commercial / nor commerce) to assist me in getting started....

Its not easy!

Chris

displayfireworks1
12-17-2014, 09:50 PM
South Carolina is a very low number of ATF fireworks license. Remember applying for a ATF Fireworks license is not state dependent. For example if you live near the border of a neighboring state, you can purchase 1.3 fireworks in that state and use them for contingency if they are near you. You are asking many of the questions I answer in my ATF video package. One of the first steps is finding a place that sells 1.3 fireworks.
South Carolina ATF license by county.
Aiken-1
Beaufort-1
Charleston-1
York-2
http://geology.com/county-map/south-carolina-county-map.gif
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/sc/SC_13111.gif

PyroManiacs
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk, fschris!

PyroJoeNEPA
12-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the Forum fschris. I'm glad to hear you want to beef up your show the proper & legal way. As Dave said, his DVD packagge will answer all your questions on applying for a ATF license. If you google "South Carolina Display Fireworks Companies" you will find info on 1.3 companies in the state. Hooking up with one of them as an apprentice is a good way to get started. Also, look into joining a Pyro Club. The Crackerjacks have events in Virginia--we have members in Soth Carolina I believe. Also, NLPC--Northern Lights Pyrotechnic Club--based up north, but, again, with members in the Carolinas.
One thing you will find with Pyros--we do drive a lot to go to different events! Best of luck in your quest.