PDA

View Full Version : New Type 54.

Shootingstar_pyro86
12-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Well just an update,the meeting went fine and I will be getting my Type 54. I would like to thank everyone for there help. Just an FYI for anyone that plans on getting theres and using storage from someone els. They will want to know want container you will be storing it in on site. I.E. 1,2,3 or A,B,C etc. I don't remember seeing anything about this on Dave's DVD. It something new they started i believe.

displayfireworks1
12-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks for telling us about your interview, this may be something your ATF may want to add in. I am not sure if it is a requirement, but I will look into it. Keep in mind you are going to be licensed in a state with less then 5 total ATF Fireworks license. On the surface it seems reasonable but I am not sure the distributor can comply with it.
Don't forget to update us when the blue envelope arrives at your home.

jknepp1954
12-08-2014, 11:31 AM
We use to have our importers/distributors license but that was 8 years ago. things have obviously changed. most mags are set up such in a way that certain products are stored in certain mags, according to the net weight allowed per mag. and then you have bulk salutes in there own mag according to distance tables.
IMO it would be very hard or impossible to comply according to the OP's understanding. I am hoping someone else who is a current distributor can chime in. Unless you would have 1 container specific to holding individual orders - but smaller companies such as our older small company could not do that.

displayfireworks1
12-08-2014, 06:49 PM
The feedback I am getting from people that purchase my ATF video is the standard contingency letter from the distributor is sufficient. You get these occasional additional add-ons. When you see these add-ons there is usually a reason. For example here in my area Pittsburgh Pa ATF office, they caught more than a few license holder storing product in their garage etc. the people are claiming they did not know they could not do that. The ATF inspectors in Pittsburgh added an additional document separate from the application that specifically states you can not store product outside of official storage. You are then required to sign that document. Please note: They are not adding an additional requirement not listed, they are taking what is already outlined and bringing more into focus. My guess is when they do this, they run it by their legal department first.