PDA

View Full Version : atf interview

Marky
10-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Atf agent just left,she was here for almost 3 hrs.Out of that 3 probably 45 minutes was pertaining to my app,we talked more about her time as agent in Oregon and some cases they busted.I cant thank you guys enough for the info and especially Dave for his dvd's.I cant express it enough,if you want your type 54 get the dvd's,up to 3 months ago i thought it was a impossible task to get one.

MIpyro
10-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the 54 club! now the real fun begins! Congrats!

Marky
10-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the 54 club! now the real fun begins! Congrats!
Thanks alot!

Marky
11-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Recieved the blue envelope saturday!!Couldnt of did it without your dvd Dave!

MIpyro
11-04-2014, 04:43 PM
now go buy some thunderkings and salutes..lol!

displayfireworks1
11-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Congratulations on receiving the Blue Envelope. Now all you need is an excuse to buy some 1.3 fireworks. If you used Kellers Fireworks on your contingency I would also recommend you fax an unsigned copy to them. Their fax is 814-786-7254. This will allow you to call in and pay for your 1.3 order. Remember when buying 1.3 you need to give advance notice of purchase and pick up.
http://hybridathletics.net/wp-content/uploads/congrats.jpg

mguerra
11-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Next big problem, getting insurance to actually USE 1.3 product. This problem gets very little discussion here. $5,000.00/ year or $1,800.00 per shoot is a big problem for hobbyists. I hope you figure that one out... The only way I can put on a show with insurance is to have a local display company put it on with me as lead shooter. I buy the product, pay 13.5% of the product price as insurance, they get the permit, and I shoot the show. It works and is affordable, but it's not what I expected to do when I was applying for my type 54. In fact, I don't even need the type 54 because I am shooting for the company under their type 54. All I need is to be a licensed pyrotechnician, and be designated as an employee possesor of the company. We really need to see if we can get the insurance industry to create an insurance product that is affordable for hobbyists and still makes economic sense for them. Can you shoot a show without insurance? Maybe you can envision certain circumstances where you might do so. But you expose yourself to an enormous liability risk, and may be in violation of local law. This is a nasty little conundrum.

MIpyro
11-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Next big problem, getting insurance to actually USE 1.3 product. This problem gets very little discussion here. $5,000.00/ year or $1,800.00 per shoot is a big problem for hobbyists. I hope you figure that one out... The only way I can put on a show with insurance is to have a local display company put it on with me as lead shooter. I buy the product, pay 13.5% of the product price as insurance, they get the permit, and I shoot the show. It works and is affordable, but it's not what I expected to do when I was applying for my type 54. In fact, I don't even need the type 54 because I am shooting for the company under their type 54. All I need is to be a licensed pyrotechnician, and be designated as an employee possesor of the company. We really need to see if we can get the insurance industry to create an insurance product that is affordable for hobbyists and still makes economic sense for them. Can you shoot a show without insurance? Maybe you can envision certain circumstances where you might do so. But you expose yourself to an enormous liability risk, and may be in violation of local law. This is a nasty little conundrum.

Yeah, that whole insurance thing needs to change for us hobbyists. I mainly shoot 1.4, but I throw some thunderkings in my show to give it a little more thump, lol. I do my big shows at my clubs open shoots since those are insured and licensed. I throw 6's, 5's and lots of salutes in those shows, but I still need to do what you do and hook up with the company and get insured that way.

PGH_Pyro
11-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Nasty Conundrum is going to be the name of my next band, lol .

jknepp1954
11-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Congrats MArky!

Marky
11-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I agree with the need for insurance,wish there was a cheaper route.I've emailed a few suppliers about ship/show insurance , kellners is the only one that responded so far but they dont supply it.Thanks everyone for the congrats.