PDA

View Full Version : Daylight cakes

N3OQO
10-16-2014, 06:17 PM
In the last few years I have become a fan of daylight cakes. Here's a video from last year of some of Phantoms cakes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clza9M54IPs&feature=youtu.be Any other suggestions on daylight cakes that you have used? I'm going to do something similar again next year but with replacing the annoying missile base with report RC's.

displayfireworks1
10-16-2014, 06:58 PM
I am going to PM you a video that shows how to post a video or picture so it plays directly on the forums. I will post you video here. I surprised those cakes came from Phantom I mean those look great for "Consumer Fireworks".
Put the video link in the little green film strip icon when you post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clza9M54IPs
I would like to see more daytime fireworks effects used in United States, it is something that is done more overseas.

N3OQO
10-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks Dave, yes they are Up In Smoke cakes fused together. I love cakes like these, and looking for other similar cakes. The only way to buy them from the purple guy is either buy one get two free or by the case, but they are very nice cakes.

Westpapyro
10-16-2014, 10:01 PM
I have one for ya, would trade ya for it.

PGH_Pyro
10-16-2014, 10:03 PM
i like day time pyro but rather, the Spanish aesthetic of whistle cakes, heavy salutes and etc .

hatsgoods
10-16-2014, 10:49 PM
i know a company about a hour and half from me sells some 1.3 50 shot day smoke cakes right now they only have blue and white. the only thing is those cakes are kinda pricy

displayfireworks1
10-17-2014, 07:22 PM
I think I know what company your are talking about without mentioning the name. My friend called them the "Phantom Fireworks" of 1.3 fireworks. He said they will have what you want and have some nice items but they are very costly. I can't complain about them too much because they helped some of the people that purchased my ATF video get their ATF license.

I may have to talk to Phantom about that daytime cake, I never realized it looked and sounded that nice.

hatsgoods
10-17-2014, 08:15 PM
yea i wont talk bad about them because i have a contingency plan with them is im granted my 54. but they do have some nice colors. they have a neat red color that is like black cats blood red but they call it deep blood red. its a very distinctive color.

hatsgoods
10-17-2014, 08:17 PM
they are the only company with in 100 miles of me coming in at 84.5 miles

yea i wont talk bad about them because i have a contingency plan with them is im granted my 54. but they do have some nice colors. they have a neat red color that is like black cats blood red but they call it deep blood red. its a very distinctive color.

hatsgoods
10-19-2014, 08:10 AM
You sure can say that they are the phantom of 1.3g fireworks of PA. Lol.
I think I know what company your are talking about without mentioning the name. My friend called them the "Phantom Fireworks" of 1.3 fireworks. He said they will have what you want and have some nice items but they are very costly. I can't complain about them too much because they helped some of the people that purchased my ATF video get their ATF license.

I may have to talk to Phantom about that daytime cake, I never realized it looked and sounded that nice.

hatsgoods
10-19-2014, 08:12 AM
they are the only company with in 100 miles of me coming in at 84.5 miles
The next one is over 2 hrs. Away about 147 miles away so that's a little far

N3OQO
11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I mean those look great for "Consumer Fireworks".

I would like to see more daytime fireworks effects used in United States, it is something that is done more overseas.

This is 6 16 shot cakes fused together with a 100 shot missile base. We are huge fans of daylight fireworks, and I agree, it should catch on more here. Late afternoon to warm up the crowd before the night show works very well.

PGH_Pyro
11-06-2014, 09:29 AM
a row of those smoke trail to report cakes interspersed with whistle cakes in front with either T.K.s or salutes in racks behind that row would make for a nice day spectacle . look on youtube at the Mascletas in Spain ... this is pretty much what they do ...but it's all contained in a square/rectangular fenced-off area (right in the middle of the town square !!! )

jknepp1954
11-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Winda I seen this year has a "confetti streamer cake". but being rather pricey...did not order it

tinymagget
11-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Please don't miss understand. being a pyro nut for over 50 years. I can't see the point of adding more air pollution to "OUR" planet. We all know smoke is the biggest adversary of a good show. they make smokeless cigs. why not pyro? be safe mike

Fire Art
11-12-2014, 02:18 PM
@Joyce I wanted to get that confetti cake in the worst way. Just a case for myself would have been nice.