PDA

View Full Version : hello from sw pa

Marky
10-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Im 34 yrs old from pa and i purchased daves video on obtaining my type 54.I have my interview this friday!Thanks for the help.Now im a nervous wreck.lol

PyroManiacs
10-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Dont worry, you will be fine. The interview is more like just a checklist of things yiu need to know.

Marky
10-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!!

hatsgoods
10-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Dont worry im waoting to hear from the atf to see if they are going to interview me or not. I cant stand the waiting game

jknepp1954
10-14-2014, 07:07 PM
First of all - WELCOME!
Now - don't worry - you will do fine. AS others said - just like an interview and checklist.

displayfireworks1
10-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Marky
Thanks for purchasing my ATF/DVD's , I see you are located just south of Pittsburgh Pa. Next year we will get you up to my annual sportsman club display for you to put that license to use, I am always looking to add new people into the hobby. Wow, this is cool for me, I am hearing from multiple people all over getting their ATF license , interviews etc. This is a great time to do it, then come next year you will be ready. Also, soon I will be announcing a new 1.3 distributor in the Pittsburgh area, that will give us yet another option to purchase 1.3 product. I predict your initiative to purse this will soon pay off. Keep us posted, thanks for joining the forums.
As I state in the video, the interview is more of an educational event and not a test. Relax.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the Forum Marky. Like the others said, relax--it is basically a check list with the agent to be sure you know what you are doing & understand everything. Keep us posted on your progress. Also, good to hook up with a pyro club to get some training & experience & you will meet a lot of great people Pa Pyro Artists & Crackerjacks both have multiple events throughout the year in PA.

Marky
10-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Marky
Thanks for purchasing my ATF/DVD's , I see you are located just south of Pittsburgh Pa. Next year we will get you up to my annual sportsman club display for you to put that license to use, I am always looking to add new people into the hobby. Wow, this is cool for me, I am hearing from multiple people all over getting their ATF license , interviews etc. This is a great time to do it, then come next year you will be ready. Also, soon I will be announcing a new 1.3 distributor in the Pittsburgh area, that will give us yet another option to purchase 1.3 product. I predict your initiative to purse this will soon pay off. Keep us posted, thanks for joining the forums.
As I state in the video, the interview is more of an educational event and not a test. Relax.

Thanks Dave i would really like to attend the club shoot!

Marky
10-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the Forum Marky. Like the others said, relax--it is basically a check list with the agent to be sure you know what you are doing & understand everything. Keep us posted on your progress. Also, good to hook up with a pyro club to get some training & experience & you will meet a lot of great people Pa Pyro Artists & Crackerjacks both have multiple events throughout the year in PA.

Thank you,im going to look into them clubs.

Marky
10-14-2014, 08:59 PM
I posted a thread in the legal/regulation forum about insurance if anybody has any info,thanks

Fire Art
10-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the boards. In case you haven't heard already, we will be having an open shoot at Fire Art in Clearfield PA on 10/25. Great opportunity to meet members from some of the clubs and check out some great product. PM me for more info or check out our web site. www.fireartcorp.com

-Al

Marky
10-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the boards. In case you haven't heard already, we will be having an open shoot at Fire Art in Clearfield PA on 10/25. Great opportunity to meet members from some of the clubs and check out some great product. PM me for more info or check out our web site. www.fireartcorp.com

-Al
Thanks for the invite,i will check it out later.Right now im a nervous wreck lol,atf is going to be here in 2 hrs for the interview

displayfireworks1
10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Marky, I hope your ATF interview went well, keep us posted when you receive the "Blue Envelope" with your ATF permit. You will be ready for new years eve.
I see you are in Fayette County Pennsylvania, there are 12 ATF license people in that county, you will make 13. For a total of 337 plus in Pennsylvania.
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/93/Fayette_County_PA_Map.png
The highest ATF fireworks county in Pennsylvania is Westmoreland. (27 people)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Map_of_Pennsylvania_highlighting_Westmoreland_Coun ty.svg/800px-Map_of_Pennsylvania_highlighting_Westmoreland_Coun ty.svg.png

Marky
10-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks Dave!!I was going to ask you how many there was in the area.Wow im one of a select few,i thought there would be more.

Westpapyro
10-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Marky, I hope your ATF interview went well, keep us posted when you receive the "Blue Envelope" with your ATF permit. You will be ready for new years eve.
I see you are in Fayette County Pennsylvania, there are 12 ATF license people in that county, you will make 13. For a total of 337 plus in Pennsylvania.
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/93/Fayette_County_PA_Map.png
The highest ATF fireworks county in Pennsylvania is Westmoreland. (27 people)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Map_of_Pennsylvania_highlighting_Westmoreland_Coun ty.svg/800px-Map_of_Pennsylvania_highlighting_Westmoreland_Coun ty.svg.png
^ surprises me? I would in general think the most would be near New Castle were the two big name companies are? Or the most populated co.
Dave could you post or email me the numbers in Butler, Mercer, and Allegeheny?

MIpyro
10-28-2014, 03:09 PM
You should do a count for those in MI...especially wayne county. I don't think I have seen numbers you have posted for MI. Thanks

displayfireworks1
10-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Wayne County Michigan is 8
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Map_of_Michigan_highlighting_Wayne_County.svg/512px-Map_of_Michigan_highlighting_Wayne_County.svg.png
I have an advertiser selling 1.3 here in Manchester. We can make that 8 an 80 if we want to. all it takes is a desire to do so.
http://www.bestplaces.net/images/city/Manchester_MI.gif

MIpyro
10-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks Dave! lol! not many in that county. I think that most people just think it is impossible to obtain or don't want to go through the process. After getting your DVD and the contingency from ACE PYRO, it really is simple. The cops tell you stories every time you go to get your fingerprints about fireworks to try to make you feel bad, but other than that, the process was pretty easy.

I would be curious on which county has the most and I would bet it would be more west or southwest counties that has the highest. Or maybe middle of the state.

Pyro Nation
10-31-2014, 05:30 AM
Welcome to the forum.... Take a sit...click away and enjoy