PDA

View Full Version : cool close up video with code violations?

hatsgoods
10-13-2014, 10:16 PM
i was looking though some videos on YouTube and found this one. i thought it was neat. well i love any behind the scenes vids anyway. how ever i wonder why no one had any hard hats and long sleeve shirts/pants on. isn't that code to have them ? i know i didn't have a long sleeve shirt on on the Pitman show i did, but i didn't realize it was a code violation. at least most of the people had safety glasses on. im don't want to get anyone in trouble but is it code or not code to have the gear. i have always had the gear on but was wondering if its a optional thing or not.

http://youtu.be/fabfXS-f_r0

Northern Sky
10-14-2014, 12:05 AM
Personally, I don't have a problem with shorts and short sleves. That is up to the company and local jurisdictions. I do however have a problem with the distance of the audience. they are way too close as seen in the finale chains. You are supposed to double the table of distance for chains. WAY too close.

mguerra
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
There are best practices, company protocols, and then there are legal requirements, which would be "codes". Are you aware of a legal requirement in this jurisdiction? I don't have 1123 handy but will review it at lunch, I do think it says to wear flame resistant clothing at the very least.

mguerra
10-14-2014, 10:40 AM
After reviewing the video, I would say those guys were very cavalier about their own safety, hand lighting with almost no protection at all! Granted, it is usually hot on July 4, but wow, those guys were exposed from head to toe. Code or not, put on a hard hat at least! I have worn long sleeve fire resistant shirts and long pants in a summer set up and it is miserable, for sure. But at least at night the sun is off of you.

hatsgoods
10-14-2014, 02:25 PM
That's what I say. To at least put on a hard hat! :mad:

CTPYRO
10-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Crowd def looked pretty close....no hard hats.... gotta think safety first

hatsgoods
10-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Exactly!!!!!#

Northern Sky
10-14-2014, 06:39 PM
On a "not in commerce" show a lot of things are relaxed but it is still important to take care of spectators and property.

It is okay to put yourself in danger but not innocent by standers.

You can't sue yourself, or arrest yourself for unnecessary endangerment.

People do dumb things to themselves all the time. Heck they have TV shows dedicated to it.

displayfireworks1
10-14-2014, 07:47 PM
It looks like this video is from Shelby Ohio.
http://www.eventsinus.info/image.php?image=http://www.eventsinus.info/admin/images/temp/e196062.jpg&width=400&height=180&cropratio=400:180
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/oh/OH_17451.gif
What would be funny for me to know is, if those people shooting this are from a pyro club in that area of Ohio that are critical of my videos. LOL
The proper thing to do is , you dress like the company you are working for tells you. I noticed now some fireworks companies are making you sign papers and supplying safety gear. My critics are correct to some degree about me, I do not always follow safety protocol. I must defend this crew they are at least protecting their eyes and ears. This is one thing I always try to do.

pyroma
10-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Personal Protective Equipment ...its PPE. ...personal under OSHA standards...one low break can kill you. Might as well help yourself and cover up!

Northern Sky
10-14-2014, 10:50 PM
What would be funny for me to know is, if those people shooting this are from a pyro club in that area of Ohio that are critical of my videos. LOL

Sorry to disappoint Dave, this is not either NEOPG of OPAG since as you can see both are in my signature as I am a member.

You can also look on their websites for shoot locations or meet a few of them at FireArt as we support each other.

bweaver1985
10-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Sorry to disappoint Dave, this is not either NEOPG of OPAG since as you can see both are in my signature as I am a member.

You can also look on their websites for shoot locations or meet a few of them at FireArt as we support each other.

This is a big company show. Look at the logo on the shirt :30 - :40. If it wasnt I do know that crew member worked for big company. PPE is always important but can be forgotten. There have been a few shows where I forgot to put on PPE.