PDA

View Full Version : First 1.3 shoot

Melp
10-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I was finally able to shoot my first 1.3 show it was a home coming football game at a local school nearby. The guys were great guys to work with and explained any questions I asked. We started out with setting up the guns and then the finale and then the cakes. They showed me how they wanted the shells arranged for the 3in guns and how to load them.
I have a rule when loading my tubes at home if the shell doesn't slip into the tube and move freely I don't shoot it or I roll it until it does. So when some of the shell were real tight I told them and they were great to explain that as long as it was to the bottom of the gun it would go and showed me the next step of using a stick to check each shell that it was all the way to the bottom. All together I got to hand fire about 50 3in shells.
One thing they did which I thought was a good idea was on there finale they e matched their strings of shells individually that way they could control the speed of the finale.
When it was all done I was shown how to check safely that all the guns had fired and the cakes. It was a great night I learn a lot and asked if I would help again. :p

displayfireworks1
10-11-2014, 07:42 PM
It sounds like you worked with a great crew, you picked up some key pointers. Some new people work a professional fireworks display for the first time and you never see them again and others keep coming back for more. The people that never come back are few and those that want more are the higher percentage. Did the lead shooter offer to bring you on more displays?
Since this was your first professional display, did you find watching my videos helpful in preparing you to work the first display?

PyroManiacs
10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
And so it begins... :)

Melp
10-12-2014, 08:06 AM
It sounds like you worked with a great crew, you picked up some key pointers. Some new people work a professional fireworks display for the first time and you never see them again and others keep coming back for more. The people that never come back are few and those that want more are the higher percentage. Did the lead shooter offer to bring you on more displays?
Since this was your first professional display, did you find watching my videos helpful in preparing you to work the first display?

I was asked back to shoot a show next week and asked about the fourth next year they said good shooters are hard to find. Some of his crew was going to MPAG next weekend I had made plans already to go to that. They said I should go to that, I would be able to meet a lot of people and I could buy product if I wanted.
I think I have watched almost every video you've made and yes it helped. Everything the crew went over was safety, like never looking over a gun , loading all the fuses so the hang on the side your shooting on , so your not reaching over the guns. I was lucky to work with this crew as the lead shooter is a PGI display shooter instructor, he said he was going to have another class pretty soon and I'll be taking it to be certified

MIpyro
10-12-2014, 09:57 PM
congrats! the 1.3 cherry has been popped! LOL! Hope to see you next weekend at the shoot. Its going to be fun! I'll have about 30 1.4g cakes, a case of thunderkings, 150 salutes for the finale and (2) 6" Kumora cracklings to finish it off. All going to be fired with my Cobra, which will be my first time using it.

hatsgoods
10-13-2014, 09:09 PM
ahhh i see you are hooked now. i once heard someone say once you smell the smoke you'll never be the same,and you'll always want more. lol thats was me and it sounds like you too. :cool:

CTPYRO
10-14-2014, 11:04 AM
It's always the 3's that can be tight on some..... they always go up though none the less