PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered displayfireworks1 atf 54 package

hatsgoods
10-05-2014, 04:53 PM
As the title says now to just wait for processing and shipping so ill be shure to keep everyone updated

Pyro Nation
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Good Luck.... keep everyone updated as u progress

PyroManiacs
10-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Woohoo.... Good luck!

hatsgoods
10-05-2014, 10:54 PM
oh boy. oh boy , oh boy i cant wait ;) :) :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :D

displayfireworks1
10-06-2014, 06:35 PM
You accomplished everything else you set out to do, I have no doubt you will do this also. Thanks for ordering my ATF/DVD package. Best of luck.

hatsgoods
10-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Thanks for everyone's support I should get it in the mail today if not tommrow

hatsgoods
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Yup my normal shoot site will most likely to be at my grandparents house where the space is limited to 3's. We'll 3 might be tight so I'll most likely do 2.5's and smaller / medium size cakes if all goes well. I'm also goning to have to get my NJ state blasters lincsene is I want to use Ematch and plus if I want to do a e fire at all it's a extra 150$ for a whole separate permit n my county. AKA srew e fire, I'm going back to good ol'd hand firing with 15- min flares on a stick if a show is small and my normal 30 min flares for a regular show or bigger. Don't get me wrong but e fireing in nj is such a hassle and pain. I just wish it was easier cuz I would love to e fire my opener, large cakes and the finale just for better safety. The blasters linseces cost 25$ for application fee and then 120 something for the linseces and after that it's another 150 per year I believe, so I might get it I the future so I have it when I work with the one company that mainly e fires. And with out a blasters linseces you can't even touch the fireing panel / pin- board by law but u still can insert the match into shells, cakes and Roman candles if some tihe a blasters is inside the fireing zone / fallout space

PyroManiacs
10-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Ill have to see if I can get a hold of a Fire Marshall I have a connection with in Jersey and see what townships are under his jurisdiction. He told me if I needed a perm he will gladly help.... He said "Just no 1.4!", LOL.

hatsgoods
10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Cool yea let me know pyromaniac1981 :cool:

PyroJoeNEPA
10-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Kelli--does the NJ law prohibiting efire apply to "consumer igniters" also? If you didn't use the "ematch" but the new consumer approved ones could you get by with it? Just wondering & thinking out loud. Hope it all works out for you. Rob or Gene will have to show you the "secret hand shake" when you do get your "54". LOL!!!

hatsgoods
10-08-2014, 04:10 PM
im not sure but ill ask the atf agent in the interview i got the package today and im done the fourms and i have a consistency letter so ill have to do is get i finger print card my my township police and get a 2x2 photo and then mail it out and hope for the best :rolleyes:

hatsgoods
10-08-2014, 04:11 PM
thats a good idea about the consumer inghtors

im not sure but ill ask the atf agent in the interview i got the package today and im done the fourms and i have a consistency letter so ill have to do is get i finger print card my my township police and get a 2x2 photo and then mail it out and hope for the best :rolleyes:

hatsgoods
10-10-2014, 06:35 PM
UPDATE: I send my aplaction in the mail today and the ATF in Georgia should get it by Thursday the lastest, so I got my fingerprints and 2 x2 photo done with my letter of contingesiey letter so wish me luck and I'll keep ya updated

hatsgoods
10-15-2014, 12:44 PM
well know its just the waiting game as my application got there yesterday morning. i know this due to that i sent it signature required and checked it online and it said it was delivered yesterday at 7 am. 90 days and counting down to hear from them. i hope i do :)
UPDATE: I send my aplaction in the mail today and the ATF in Georgia should get it by Thursday the lastest, so I got my fingerprints and 2 x2 photo done with my letter of contingesiey letter so wish me luck and I'll keep ya updated

CTPYRO
10-15-2014, 09:11 PM
It wont take long to get the call... and the check will get cashed real quick trust me... you did include the fingerprint cards and 2x2's with your application correct??

hatsgoods
10-15-2014, 09:22 PM
yes i put the finger card and 2x2 pic and also a copy of my pyrotechnico card that says i did the nfpa and apa safety training

mguerra
10-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Some people make shit of Dave for selling his DVD package, claiming everything you need is freely available. Well, that is true. But Dave's package is helpful, walks you through the process and it's worth a few bucks. If people want to buy it of their own volition, good for them and good for Dave. I did not NEED it but bought it anyway in case there was some little bit of info in there that might be useful. It costs less than some 500 gram cakes! I have my ATF license and I'm satisfied.

CTPYRO
10-16-2014, 11:11 AM
yes i put the finger card and 2x2 pic and also a copy of my pyrotechnico card that says i did the nfpa and apa safety training

Then as long as you have your storage within 100 miles of where you are shooting you should be golden

Fire Art
10-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Joe-- I was thinking the same way about the consumer matches but it sounds like Kelli was saying to use a firing system at all you would require the blasting license regardless of what is being ignited by it. Old school flares and fuse are what I usually do and sound like the way to go.. up close and personal.

hatsgoods
10-16-2014, 10:59 PM
if they grant me the 54. ill ask the agent during the interview if i could use a system with consumer match. cuz i have a 12 cue unit that i use in pa but not sure if i can use it in NJ. its from quantum fire and its the 2x6lr wireless system. don't get me wrong i prefer a flare but its just safer to e fire a 1.3 finale and if i have few of the same cakes i want to fire them at the same time but a little far apart. if i have a person with me that wont be a issue, but if its just me how can i be in 2 places at once? my main saying is better safe than sorry

mguerra
10-17-2014, 01:15 PM
The ATF does not care how you ignite your products, by hand or by electrical means, and they do not regulate that. If there are state and local regs on that sort of thing you will have to research that. ATF is concerned with your POSSESSION and STORAGE of items they regulate, not your use of them. They do not regulate consumer imatch nor your use of it. If you read the orange book from cover to cover, you will be better prepared for the interview. It would be better not to ask them about things they don't regulate.

MIpyro
10-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, you are better off not asking them those questions like mguerra stated. I asked them about distance requirement and my interviewer looked at me with a blank stare. Just ask them questions on what they regulate and you interview will be a lot easier and smoother.

hatsgoods
10-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Ok thanks for the info ill keep my mouth shut about that

displayfireworks1
10-17-2014, 07:53 PM
At Hatsgoods (Kelli). The ATF interview is sort of like when the police pull you over, they ask the questions, you give the answers. The purpose of the ATF interview is an educational event, they teach, you listen. Remember in school when you ask the teacher too many questions, they don't like that. LOL Of course you are free to ask questions about the items in the list they will review. The ATF "Inspector"( please do not call them ATF Agent they do not like that ) has to educate you and have you sign off on. The focus of the meeting is that first.
Once you obtain the ATF license, it gives you permission to purchase, possess and legally transport 1.3 fireworks. That is all it does. If you ask a question that does not pertain to those items, it does not look good. The ATF "Inspector" will try to not give you a direct answer because of the secondary legal implications involved.
Example: Mr. ATF Inspector now that I have my license may I shoot fireworks on my uncle's farm? (wrong question)
Correct question: Mr. ATF Inspector once I have my license may I purchase 1.3 fireworks and legally transport them to a fireworks display I may have for future event next year? (correct type of question).
The ATF is not in the business of telling you it is OK to shoot fireworks or shoot by any type of firing system. You are only being cleared to possess them and transport them. I guess in a way it is like buying a handgun, the authority is only responsible to clear you to possess the gun, they are not responsible to be sure you know how to shoot it or when and where to shoot it.
The ATF 1.3 fireworks license is not competency based. In other works you do not even know how to shoot fireworks to have it.

hatsgoods
10-18-2014, 08:57 PM
JUST A QUICK UPDATE: i just checked my bank account online and saw that the atf took the 100 dollars for the 54 app. so i guess i might be getting a phone call soon? and back to the consumer matches - i can use a consumer system only in NJ. that i do have. and to make things easier for the fire marshal ill use the clip on inightors and just put a piece of 0.4 sec visco fuse that is just long enough to go past the piece of nicrome wire and to go into the quick match leader of the shell, chain or cake and the tape over the visco cuz when that fuse is completely covered it works like quick match. i feel like if i use the 1.3 ematch look a likes but with a red shrouds and white/blue wire that the fire marshal will get confused and ill have to explane everything and break out the rule book, witch if i don't have to - i don't want to. what are your thoughts on my idea of the clip inightors?

hatsgoods
10-18-2014, 09:03 PM
the clip ingightors might have a quick delay but i wont be doing a pyro musical and to me its worth not having to fight with the fire marshal. for that my county fire marshal is the one how inspects all displays in the county and for the displays i've done in my county, lets just say most of the time he's not one of the happiest person to deal with, but the hell that's life isn't it?

JUST A QUICK UPDATE: i just checked my bank account online and saw that the atf took the 100 dollars for the 54 app. so i guess i might be getting a phone call soon? and back to the consumer matches - i can use a consumer system only in NJ. that i do have. and to make things easier for the fire marshal ill use the clip on inightors and just put a piece of 0.4 sec visco fuse that is just long enough to go past the piece of nicrome wire and to go into the quick match leader of the shell, chain or cake and the tape over the visco cuz when that fuse is completely covered it works like quick match. i feel like if i use the 1.3 ematch look a likes but with a red shrouds and white/blue wire that the fire marshal will get confused and ill have to explane everything and break out the rule book, witch if i don't have to - i don't want to. what are your thoughts on my idea of the clip inightors?

PyroManiacs
10-18-2014, 09:18 PM
JUST A QUICK UPDATE: i just checked my bank account online and saw that the atf took the 100 dollars for the 54 app. so i guess i might be getting a phone call soon?

Aww yea!!!

CTPYRO
10-19-2014, 11:49 AM
The check is always going to cash real quick... well because it is cash. The Atlanta office will then send the application to the specific ATF field office in your region/area. As long as you have provided contingency storage they will go ahead and set up a meeting for interview

hatsgoods
10-19-2014, 12:03 PM
The check is always going to cash real quick... well because it is cash. The Atlanta office will then send the application to the specific ATF field office in your region/area. As long as you have provided contingency storage they will go ahead and set up a meeting for interview

Yup I have a conitgcy plan in place so I'll be getting a phone call. Yay :)

hatsgoods
10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
hey just wondering what where some of the time frames you peoples have had waiting for the phone call. i mean like a week, 4 days or up till the last week or 2 of the remaining 90 days?

hatsgoods
10-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Just got a call from the local office in philly I have my interview November 4th at 11am :)

hatsgoods
11-03-2014, 01:12 AM
well now that it is 12 am that makes my interview a day away :)

CTPYRO
11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Feels like x-mas eve for you I'm guessing

hatsgoods
11-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Yup I can't wait for tommrow now it's less than 24 hours away ������������

hatsgoods
11-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Well now it's the waiting game of waiting for the inspector to arrive
. I'll let you know how it goes after she leaves

hatsgoods
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
All seemed to go well all I have to do is get a letter from my landlord saying that I it's ok with her for me to possess a lincense at my address and then she can finish the background checks they do, so I'm hoping for the best still

mguerra
11-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Something does not sound right about that. Your landlord does not have a say so in whether the fed gives you a license. She, as well as any number of other local authorities, may have a say so in whether or not you can have a magazine and regulated product on the property. Is that what you meant?

CTPYRO
11-05-2014, 01:30 PM
I agree with mguerra.... if you have the contingency all set... your not a criminal.... this meeting should have granted you the license. Something def sounds strange

hatsgoods
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
no she said that she knew that i wont have any product on my adress but thats what she asked for and said she cant move foward without the letter so im damnd if i and if i dont

PyroJoeNEPA
11-05-2014, 07:31 PM
I think what is going on here is when you fill out your paperwork you are basically saying you are the equivalent of a "sole proprietorship business---an individual conducting business" and because of this there needs to be an ok from the property owner that the "business" can be located there. I don't think it is anything to worry about. An ok from the landlord is probably all they need to clarify the "business" has authorization to be located there---even if the "business" is just keeping your receipts in a file. Typical bureaucracy.

mguerra
11-06-2014, 11:48 AM
The ATF is not concerned with any of the details of your business arrangements, nor do they have any authority in this regard. They are vetting you to possess and store explosives. This notion that they need your landlords approval to give you a type 54 is bizzare. IF you were planning to have a magazine on the property, they would want to know you had the landlords permission, true. And they would also need to know that every local and state regulation on magazines permitted it. For example, since I have a homeowners association, they needed a letter stating there were no HOA prohibitions on having a magazine in the neighboorhood. But you do not have a magazine. And it is none of your landlord's concern if you have a scuba license or a pilots license or an explosives license. Get the letter from your landlord and provide it to ATF. If she won't give it to you, I would ask the ATF straight up why they want this.