PDA

View Full Version : Florida Fireworks Laws

displayfireworks1
10-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Not sure how many people are aware of the consumer fireworks laws in Florida. When I saw all the Phantom Fireworks locations in Florida I thought consumer fireworks were legal in the state. They are not, when people in Florida buy consumer fireworks they sign a paper saying the fireworks are for agriculture use only. That has to be the funniest of all the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSofHHYg40
791.04 Sale at wholesale, etc., exempted.—Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to prohibit any manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler who has registered with the division pursuant to s. 791.015 to sell at wholesale such fireworks as are not herein prohibited; to prohibit the sale of any kind of fireworks at wholesale between manufacturers, distributors, and wholesalers who have registered with the division pursuant to s. 791.015; to prohibit the sale of any kind of fireworks provided the same are to be shipped directly out of state by such manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler; to prohibit the sale of fireworks to be used by a person holding a permit from any board of county commissioners at the display covered by such permit; or to prohibit the use of fireworks by railroads or other transportation agencies for signal purposes or illumination or when used in quarrying or for blasting or other industrial use, or the sale or use of blank cartridges for a show or theater, or for signal or ceremonial purposes in athletics or sports, or for use by military organizations, or organizations composed of the Armed Forces of the United States; provided, nothing in this chapter shall be construed as barring the operations of manufacturers, duly licensed, from manufacturing, experimenting, exploding, and storing such fireworks in their compounds or proving grounds.
791.07 Agricultural and fish hatchery use.—Nothing in this chapter shall prohibit the importation, purchase, sale, or use of fireworks used or to be used solely and exclusively in frightening birds from agricultural works and fish hatcheries; and such use shall be governed entirely by the rules prescribed by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
When you sign to buy consumer fireworks in Florida you agree that you have knowledge of 791.04 and 791.07 Chapter 791.

paja4
10-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Dave, I remember doing this in New Hampshire back in the 90's. Agricultural Use in the city?

PGH_Pyro
10-07-2014, 08:06 AM
yeah you could say that you're scaring rats & mice away
:p

pistolus
10-10-2014, 10:56 PM
I've bought and shot fireworks in Florida. I was an out of state consumer, and it was in an agricultural area, many people were shooting consumer fireworks in the area.. It turned into a contest on New Years Eve. It's a funny loophole which I'm sure was intentional.. even though Florida has many big cities, the agricultural economy is still big and they want their fireworks far from the big cities. It's a legislative compromise.

PyroJW
10-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Ha very cool. I just bought 25 acres a few months ago and can discharge fireworks any time. Although I haven't lately because I am currently building my house but it's nice to know I can whenever I feel like it.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-08-2016, 04:03 AM
What is even MORE ridiculous is having a UPS truck pull up to the front of my house and offload 2 pallets of fireworks from Ohio, and never having to sign anything indicating what they're going to be used for. :rolleyes: One of the only good reasons to live in this sweltering swamp.

fireworkfan
06-09-2016, 04:06 AM
guess a lot of people have to keep birds away lol

pistolus
06-09-2016, 11:07 PM
They're just to scare away the birds and varmints from eating my oranges and tomatoes, I swear!